It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninja Post Pounce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is my first rant thread so if I'm not "ranty" enough, please forgive me.

Ok, here's the deal. I've noticed this when I first joined ATS but always thought it was a coincidence but it's an actual trend that just sort of illustrates the pettiness of some people and their posting behavior on forums.

So... have you ever followed an interesting thread that just seemed to die? You keep going back to it to see new posts but nobody ever does. For hours. Then you decide to try to revive it by making a relevant post. As soon as you do, you realize it was the last one for that page then, suddenly, numerous posts pour in on the fresh page.

I figured out that people will actually wait until somebody else fills the page before posting so they won't get stuck at the bottom and not seen. I've even seen people double-post on purpose, most likely miscounting the number of posts on the page, then just posting again on the fresh page saying "oops, double post". I think we are on to you guys.

This isn't something that keeps me up at night but I wanted to finally make a rant post and this just seems to keep happening. Is this something you do or have noticed? If we all did this, all threads would end after one page.

So there you have it. Cuervo's dip into rant territory. I think I'm gonna go take my crazy pills now.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

um no

Urban Dictionary: Ninja Post www.urbandictionary.com...

1. Noun - A post that sneaks in before another on a message board. Replying to the same post, and often contain the same message.

Chris: Is DDR3 and DDR2 compatible with each other? - 18 minutes ago.
Tom: No. - 3 minutes ago.
Bob: Nope. - 3 minutes ago.
L33Tjack: haha Bob is pwnd by a Ninja post! xD - 0 minutes ago

2.The act of writing a phrase, most commonly "Ninja Post," on a Facebook wall post and deleting it after someone has commented on it.

Dude, I'm putting a ninja post on everyone's status.

2. is the most common here [ATS];

though its more like ninja troll [or ninja shill] [read edit for deleted]
i've seen a few threads derailed or deleted like that and members banned too

whenever you see ME 2bl or 3pl post is cause my wi-fu connection reset

better stop with the crazy pills IMO
why would people avoid reading bottom of page?

how shallow and self important would someone have to be to exhibit the behavior you've described?

edit on 2-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Wow. As far as rants go, that's pretty lame.

Oops, double post. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You serious?! I had no idea it was already a term. I knew I should look up any term I'm trying to use if it has the word "ninja" in it because they are all taken. Maybe that will be my next rant, hah!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Wow. As far as rants go, that's pretty lame.

Oops, double post. Sorry.

Maybe you should make a rant thread on how lame mine is. I'll probably star and flag it for you out of agreement.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Come over to the dark side my friend - way more fun.

Aargh!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

That's because you never see ninjas at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Touche'..........................thats because once they have finished training and parading around they become Pirates!!

Star 4 u

top topics

join