It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truman Show conspiracy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Jesus and Satan are twin brothers. They are both the Morning Star, both Sirius, both the snake, both the fish. You only see one at the exclusion of the other. But if you want to have 'eyes to see' (plural) then you need to see both.
reply to post by BlueMule

So when Jesus spent 40 days fasting in the desert he was being tempted by...himself?

Of course, now that I read what I've written, it seems so self-evident.

edit on 3-7-2012 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by southtower

I'm sure these things seem significant to you, but you are engaging in the sort of shallow exegesis that I would expect from a religious fundamentalist or a conspiracy theorist. Spend a few years studying comparative mythology, comparative mysticism, and comparative religion and you'll see what I mean.

It is inevitable! I can't believe people rewatch these movies over and over to get "666" out of it, or that his neighbour looks like walt disney. Are you kidding me?!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

Walaikum Assalam Warehmatullahi Wabarakatuhu Sidi, same here, never heard of it either.

Found this interesting book however: Satan's Tragedy

Has a lot of info on Satan aka Iblis.
edit on 3-7-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

SubhanAllah. Thank you, akh. Will look into it, insha'Allah

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One time, I tripped on Robitussin, and I convinced myself that our collective existence is basically, The Truman Show......The True Man Show, if you will.

Basically I feel like life is just a test. When we die, we either passed the test, or failed. If we pass, we go on to do bigger and better things. If we fail, we have to give it another go.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

Unfortunately for everyone,the brutal truth may be that we have already lived and died in the real world,we have already been judged and we have already been sentenced,forced to be eternally reborn and suffer forever within this materialistic prison we call earth,where damned souls are helplessly and hopelessly hurled,thrown into hell and however disheartening and frightening,we have to face the cold hard reality,it very well might be true...

edit on 3-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by MisterFister103

Unfortunately for everyone,the brutal truth may be that we have already lived and died in the real world,we have already been judged and we have already been sentenced,forced to be eternally reborn and suffer forever within this materialistic prison we call earth,where damned souls are helplessly and hopelessly hurled,thrown into hell and however disheartening and frightening,we have to face the cold hard reality,it very well might be true...

edit on 3-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Well that would be disheartening indeed.

I don't pretend to know what happens when we die, but I have my own beliefs, and I don't believe we're all sentenced to eternal rebirth on this plane. I feel that one day, we will all join each other, in the great spirit in the sky. Some souls may take longer to get there, because they have to face human life over and over again, until they get it, but in the end we all get there. That's the best I can do to describe it, because I feel that when we get there, words will not suffice to explain exactly what it is.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There are LOTS of movies trying to tell us there is something wrong with what we consider 'Reality'. There is a NEW movie coming out later this year that shows a world where people are 'programmed' into consumerism.

Here is the Trailer:

edit on 3-7-2012 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Every church,temple and mosque is filled with billions of people everyday who are unknowingly funneling incredible amounts of blind faith psychic energies that perpetually feeds the evil beast with more and more diabolical power as humanity continues to spiral ever more out of control,pretty cool,huh? and so i cant wait to run out the door,go to church,worship and praise and surrender my only soul to a god no ones ever seen or heard...

Epic post

Originally posted by hero_25
There are LOTS of movies trying to tell us there is something wrong with what we consider 'Reality'. There is a NEW movie coming out later this year

Why do film directors do this? Are they mocking our inability to "wake up" and change things?

Re-watching the movie, check out the newspaper:

edit on 4-7-2012 by southtower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Yeah I would be interested to see the original vhs of FaceOff because I know they editted the date his son died. It shows he died in sept and we know the year is 1991 but why is the date cut off on both occassions showing his sons birth & death date? So yeah I do think hollywood producers and media know what they are doing with these many "coincidences" & edits. They may not all be in on it but somebody is.

btw, sayiamu & southtower pls follow me on twitter @PazWohuman so I can IM you my email address or we can chat there. ATS says I cant send/reply to private messages.
edit on 4-7-2012 by butterpecan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by southtower

Sorry but we wont agree on this. A poster where one word is terrorism with a plane on?!?!? That is such a vague reference, like I said planes are attacked by terrorists even before 9/11 on many many occasions. People are acting like 9/11 was the first ever terrorist attack on an airliner!

The way you explained that end shot made me think it would be something much much more closely related. A plane taking off with the towers in the background? Ever think that they just want the most cinematic shot possible so get the towers in? The planes nowhere near them and the shot is just using two of the iconic building in the New York skyline, what n earth is suspicious about that?

Come on people these are pretty feeble links here.Die hard featured terrorists and an airport. That must have been a reference to the coming 9/11 attacks! Give me a break!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

Thank You. That makes sense to me. Although, sometimes I get stressed about Global Terrorist Thought Police State aka nwo, I am more at peace now within myself due to my awareness & love I give/receive from good intelligent people such as yourself. Everyday is a learning process. peace
edit on 4-7-2012 by butterpecan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by butterpecan

Hey ButterPecan ... Im a twitter noob...

but I do believe Im following you ... and so is that guy with the sunglasses and the wire in his ear!!

Everyone commenting here should rewatch the movie .. if u havent already ...

as far as thye Disney/Pluto thing ... I buy it ..."land of make-believe?" Trumans Magic Kingdom?

also ..side issue and needs its own thread ...but ... what was the media pushing the 6 months before 911? I know we lost some trillions of dollars and there were a TON of shark stories that summer..... Im really interested what the news stories were right before.....en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

This is my last post because I gots to go but Im also new to twitter too. And yes I know they follow me too. I should've known I have some followers here because I found this site by someone who is following me.

RE: the news prior to 911. The night before 911 I kept imagine a cockpit for some reason but it was due to a 20/20 report about the possibility of banning alcohol on flights due to rowdy drunk passengers & I specifically remember it was mentioned that cockpits are not locked so anybody can walk in on the pilots. I heard another anotehr news story but didnt see it myself, prior to 911 was talk about remote conrol planes. peace

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Seems like these shark attacks acted as a perfect warm-up for 9/11.
Just found a July 30, 2001 Time Magazine Article:

On shore, his uncle Vance Flosenzier turned toward the screaming children and saw blood coloring the ocean. He and another man sprinted into the surf and found the 7.4-ft., 200-lb. shark about to roll away, its jaw on Jessie's arm. Vance, who trains for triathlons, grabbed the shark by its sandpapery tail and tried to pull, but it would not budge. He yanked again, and Jessie fell away, his arm ripping, as the shark clamped down.

Lol "blood coloring the ocean"...... thats a great mental image.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by butterpecan

ok pecan email me .... facsinating stuff there about the cockpits....

i sent you addy on twitter ....

and southtwr..... I dont buy that story for a second .... the triathaloner retrieved the arm from the shark after dragging the 200 lber onto shore ,,,and then it was reattached?

I lost a finger to a wedding ring .. and they coulnt reattach .... too violent a rip .... imagine what a bull shark would do.....

wow we are all Trumans ..lol

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I see your Truman...and raise you a "Wag the Dog"
MUST SEE!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think the general public is definitely living a Truman Show style life but I'm not sure about those hidden messages in the movie. But if you look at life in America from an economic standpoint we, as Americans, generally live very well...even though there are grand delusions and the trouble ahead is unimaginable. An article on MartialLawUSA points out the Truman Show like syndrome with his latest blog post - www.martiallawusa.com... - which ties into the whole discussion and ironically cites the Truman Show as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Love big concepts like these. I think the spiritual/religious awakening references are intentional, but hard to know without looking into who made the movie etc.

I'm sure life is a lot more like the Truman Show / Matrix then most people think. A prison for our mind.
As we grow smarter and evolve, we become suspicious about life and the big picture. The ATS community would be a good example of this. We ask more questions, want to know the truth about everything. This inevitably leads to bigger and bigger questions, and in my opinion, at the end of this searching are the biggest questions of all: What is life really about? Where did we come from? What are we here to do and learn? Is life a kind of school?

So I think we are waking up, slowly but surely. We should be careful not to use this curiosity and intelligence to bury our heads in the dark and bastardly behavior that's taking place on this planet. It's addictive and fascinating but if we concentrate on it too much it only drags us down.

Keep asking questions, and when the biggest questions of all are answered, you will be awestruck. Answers to these questions are a million times more fascinating than 'who pulled off 911?' or 'who really controls the world?', 'what star systems are the ET's coming from?'.

We are actors in the movie of life, and we don't know it.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid

Jesus and Satan are twin brothers. They are both the Morning Star, both Sirius, both the snake, both the fish. You only see one at the exclusion of the other. But if you want to have 'eyes to see' (plural) then you need to see both.
reply to post by BlueMule

So when Jesus spent 40 days fasting in the desert he was being tempted by...himself?

Of course, now that I read what I've written, it seems so self-evident.

edit on 3-7-2012 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

40 is symbolic of purification and fasting is a mystical technique. Jesus was a mystic and he was purifying himself. He was tempted by the ego-self and the shadow-self, which take on symbolic forms during altered states of mystical consciousness and can be interacted with through those 'hallucinatory' forms.

As Jesus found out, we are not really our day-to-day ego-self. We are a deeper part of the psyche. A part that Carl Jung called the archetype of the Self. But we trick ourselves into identifying with the ego-self, and in so doing we create our own little Truman show and get lost in it.

But the archetype of the Self, which Christians call the Christ, tries to wake us from the illusion. The ego-self is tricky though, and will give us all sorts of reasons and rational explanations and obstacles in our path, just as Truman faced on his path to Individuation (enlightenment).

Its an old story found in all religions and mythologies in one form or another, and its not there because of conspiracy. Its there because we all share a collective unconscious, hence the 'monomyth cycle'. I recommend reading The Hero with a Thousand Faces for an introduction to the cycle.

All this has nothing to do with literal satan or literal aliens or literal illuminati or a literal whatever. All these things are just symbolic forms that forces of the personal and the collective psyche take as we project them out onto the environment. We share a collective unconscious and so the archetype patterns are the same, regardless of culture or era or philosophy. All that changes is the forms they take. People tend to get stuck on the symbolic forms and see boogey-men everywhere, as the OP is doing.

That's why studying comparative mythology, comparative religion, and comparative mysticism is so vital. These fields give people a cross-cultural panoramic view enabling them to transcend the local forms and pop-culture and dogma that they are practically indoctrinated into during the natural course of their lives.

edit on 4-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
EHhh BlueMule....

Ive studied some here and there ..Jung..and Joseph Campbell, Im very familiar as thats where I started ...

but ..911 changed alot ... and is a showcase for the destructive force that lies behind that ego ,, but we'll not digress into a look at A Course In Miracles, which lays out exactly what you are saying .. real or not ....

bottom line is the movies ... and all media ... do seem to have blatant messages and clues ... communications .. that seem to be intentionally inserted ... the 911 references in movies etc are overwhelming ..

it was planned way back ... just like Russo said ... but its just obvious...

I think we should start a movie club and just watch, deconstruct and review .... together ,,, have fun while we can?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join