It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truman Show conspiracy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by southtower

As-salaam alaikum, Southtower.

Very interesting. I do love that movie. One thing, though. I've never heard of Satan referred to as "Sirius." Can you tell me where you found that info?

Walaikum Assalam Warehmatullahi Wabarakatuhu Sidi, same here, never heard of it either.

Found this interesting book however: Satan's Tragedy

Has a lot of info on Satan aka Iblis.
edit on 3-7-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Southpark already discovered that conspiracy...

I'd watch "Earth" the reality show... I already do now.

Haha, thank you for showing us South Park already beat us to it.

As for the Truman Show, I loved that movie, and I think the points you are highlighint were especially obvious to me in the 8th grade when we analysed it then, 12 years ago. Glad to see you've finally caught up!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

From a few searches i just done on what you speak of it seems that this tech. was scooped up 15 or so yrs ago and now they are releasing it as if it were just now envisioned.
That would have given a hidden hand sufficient amount of time to put it to some use possibly in every aspect of our lives.
It's kinda scary stuff when we have google saying that they will be energy harvesting at the olympics.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
As-salaam alaikum, Southtower.
Very interesting. I do love that movie. One thing, though. I've never heard of Satan referred to as "Sirius." Can you tell me where you found that info?

This is my latest thinking.
Satan = Fallen Angel. In the movie Sirius, our brightest star, falls and crashes to Trumans town Seahaven. The bible talks about God creating stars. In The Truman Show, the stars are fake = meaning no God. Thats why im leaning more on Satan, than Jesus but you never know.

More things i noticed

36 = 666?

This is Truman's neighbor. He looks like an old Walt Disney. Plus his dalmatian (101 Dalmatians) is named Pluto. Both Disney references. Not sure why

When Truman tries to call in and book a flight to Fiji, this guy pops up. Throws up the classic 666 hand sign:

But could be nothing. Check out the newspaper. Fake headlines to keep Truman from traveling. "Seahaven Voted Planets Top Town"

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
People spend their professional lives creating media with hidden messages. It is creative minds at work and nothing more. Simply because you have deciphered a hidden message crafted by a talented writer is nothing more than what was there all along. Your excitement over the discovery reflects more of where you stand in the chain of intelligence than it does your skill in uncovering conspiracy..
edit on 3-7-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I suppose, although you'd think you could still do that without each person having a "consciousness". Might not make sense to think that but you could have a program do that probably. Like how meat can now be grown in petri dishes rather than having an entire animal and the ethical concerns that come with that.

Also, the women in the film that Truman is drawn to is Sophie.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is a general response to a few posters.

So my thoughts on who is the "They" the OP is referring to? I took it to be a reference to the Creators of the Truman Show. Although I agree with another poster who said "They" meaning the inhumane elite. You can take it both ways but if you dont want to accept the latter then its definetly the first.

How is "The Truman Show conspiracy" done? Another fitting word would be a "Global Police State".

I dont know how its being done. I know tech has made it alot more easier to surviellence people. Some posters have mentioned aliens controlling humans. Its possible. A thought that has come to my mind is that we may already be chipped without knowing it.

I agree with another poster who said this awakening is happening on a mass scale. I dont know if its these type of movies, the Internet, Occupy or all of the above but I read a mainstream paper the other day and there was an op ed from a young adult who was writing about the "end times" and how we all seem to be actors in a movie or lab rats as I put it.

To the poster that asked why they put symbolism in movies? I think its for the subconscious effect but I also think its to communicate with each other for those in the know. Its like an inside joke to them. imo.

To the poster that said he was penniless because of "Global Thought Police State" or "The Adjustment Bureau". Yeah that is what they want. My advice is, I know its hard but you got to ignore them, act like they dont effect you & especially dont post/speak about 911 Truth as much if at all. I had to learn this the hard way myself which is why I probably wont be posting too much on this site.

This is also apart of the reason I didnt mention the 911 ref because I didnt want to get into a debate about 911. But I did notice it when I saw the movie again recently. Honestly, I am so tired of the 911 topic anyway. Its been 11 yrs & it seems new info coming out daily but imo if people dont "get it" by now then they'll never "get it".

But there are many 911 ref to movies in the years leading up to 911. The Lone Gunman pilot & A Long Kiss Goodnight is the most overt ref. The date of 911 was also in The Matrix on Neo id as well as other exploding skyscraper images. Fight Club and Face Off is another one. Face Off is about a terrorist attack in LA. I think his son died on 9.11.91 but they deliberately wont show the date of his sons death but does show a journal entry dated 9.10.01 & 9.11.01 where he wrote about his son death. In the 2000 X Files movie, Moulder & Scully were investigating a building explosion bt terrorists & found out the bodies inside were already dead prior to the explosion.

To those that say terrorists flying planes into buildings was going on before 911 is correct however that doesnt explain the official story of why Bush admin. said they had no idea that somene would fly a plane into a building like they never heard of such a thing.
edit on 3-7-2012 by butterpecan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
this made me watch the movie again. pretty good i must say!

edit on 3-7-2012 by rudeboyrave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Sorry but how does day 10909 = 10911?

Is is day 10909 on the show, but September the 11th on his clock?!?

Also to claim that there is a 9/11 reference in there you need a little more than to have that date and merely sensing something being wrong. You need something specific like a terrorist hijacking on sept 11th or an attack on the towers/pentagon on sept 11th.

Just having a bad feeling on this date is so damn vague, you could apply the same thing to any date with a significant historic event and then every other book or piece of media with a date in would somehow contain evidence of a conspiracy before it happened!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I'm sure these things seem significant to you, but you are engaging in the sort of shallow exegesis that I would expect from a religious fundamentalist or a conspiracy theorist. Spend a few years studying comparative mythology, comparative mysticism, and comparative religion and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Can someone please explain to me why they believe the poster is a 9/11 reference? Both my posts seem to have been ignored.

I stated that just because a poster warning against risks of travelling abroad, one of which includes terrorism is in no way shape or form a 9/11 reference. There is a plane pictured on the poster, the poster is about travelling abroad so this is a given. Terrorism is only 1 of 4 dangers listed as well.

Terrorism existed looooong before 9/11 believe if or not, even airports and planes were targeted before 9/11 as well! Travelling abroad = danger of terrorists seems to be more geared to possible political and financial gain abductions.

IMO this is really really clutching at straws saying a poster with a plane on it (it's a travel advice poster, nothing odd there) warning of things like contracting a disease on holiday and threats of terrorism while abroad is a reference to 9/11. Am I missing some other HUGE part of evidence here or are people just blindly saying anything with terrorism in and a plane is a 9/11 reference? I guess Pan am flight 103 was as well right!?! Terrorists in a plane, perhaps a test years before huh?

Even if the date in the film is September 11th that mere poster is nowhere near specific enough to be considered referencing 9/11. Is mad that ATS has members who have jumped to this conclusion IMO!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Can someone please explain to me why they believe the poster is a 9/11 reference? Both my posts seem to have been ignored.

The film was made in 1998. A poster flashes briefly that has the word "Terrorism" and an airplane on it.
Short and sweet. Tons of these references are in movies that took place pre-9/11, especially the late 90's. I would post tons of these clips, but heres just one from 1997:

Think about how they filmed this scene. They purposely filmed the plane going past the WTC. Even more blatant is this screenshot (which i had the clip for but youtube blocked hmm)

Now lets look at the Truman Show. On his radio, they are always talking about plane crashes. When he tries to book a flight, a poster talks about terrorism. Obviously, all of this is to create FEAR in Truman.

Could this not be a mirror of our society? Do we have any big plane crashes that created fear in us?

edit on 3-7-2012 by southtower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

S+F and thanx for exposing some of our hidden realities and opening a lot of peoples eyes and minds as well,because a lot of us are walking around half asleep and need to be awakened...

The entire earth is a truman show conspiracy and so is life and reality itself...

We have been intentionally altered and genetically redesigned in nefariously sinister ways by those entities who hijacked earth and enslaved humanity so long ago and they have made it very difficult, very nearly impossible,for anyone to be able to perceive beyond and through their diabolical spell of illusions that they have cast upon us...

Except for tptb,the royal bloodline elites,those who have dominated and controlled us in the past and who still are doing so here and now,they are more than well aware of what our reality actually is,they know where we really are,they realize whats being done to us and they know whos doing it and they are implicitly involved in helping,indeed aiding and abetting the aliens as they both continue to perpetuate the magnificent deception thats all around us...

We are living and dying within a three dimensional holographic illusion thats being projected into our visible spectrum from another dimension by malevolent super advanced aliens of a class-3 civilization and they are evil...

edit on 3-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
reply to post by OutonaLimb

I re-watched this morn as this is of great interest to me.

and YES there is an overt 911 reference .. but before I drop it ... I must say ...

the reason I take such interest here ..is .. I worked for a company that handles XBOX tech support .. the company is called ALPINE ACCESS.. customer service agents work from home ..(yes ..if you call XBOX tech support ..or even use the chat/text funtion .. you are most likely talking to someone who is working in their HOME OFFICE... answering your questions from a VKB .. ((knowledge base))

I noticed early on that some of the calls were "test calls" ... Miscrosoft testing the ability/quality of the agents to handle situations ... some were pretty blatant .. anyhow ... without going into a LOONG backstory.. (thinngs like this have been happening since I put some funny radio ads about W on local AirAmerica for my small business.. 10 years ago)

I began to get calls that were very disconcerting .. like ... I had just made coffee and a guy called and asked "did you put enough cream there? .. and hung up ... another was ..

I had just finished a rant at GF about how we are all eventually going to be laundry room slaves.... (she worked in a laundry at the time) .. I started my shift ..(she was standing there so I have a witness .Im at home remember) ..and protocol is to ask the caller for their email to search .. he says .."ok ..its kinda long ..and spells out "[email protected]" .... wasnt in the database of course .. he laughs and hangs up ...

It got pretty bad from there ... to the point I quit .. I was posting positive Ron Paul stuff here and there ... and the "emails" some would give began to be along the lines of "you are a pedo" ..and "nggr lover" etc ...

If you look at my post history .. I then came on here and posted some ANTI Paul stuff .. pro Romney or Perry .. just to try to protect myself .... (the posts were so inane ..it was amusing to read the responses) ...

anyhow .. long story I quit .. however ..I am CONVINCED that there is a community out there that is using this big survelliance grid .. for Jollies .... and they are setting cams everywhere on anyone they want to watch .. very Truman show like ...

all I have are my experiences .. that I know are true....

I have been reduced to a penniless, unemployed shell of a once hard working man .... and I think that, many times, this is the plan ... ..hammer down the nail that sticks up...

ok 911 reference .. movie opens up ... its day 10909 of Trumans life ... he really senses something is wrong on .. you guessed it .. 10911 ....

PS .. I expect that ... just like everything else is controlled .. the only people that will see this are actors ... and responses will be canned .. if not .. if someone normal or has knowledge of this .. or can symapathize ..please message me

Wow that's crazy! Way beyond synchronicity IMO.

I've always loved this movie and I think a lot of us feel just like that--even BEFORE all this extra surveillance. I know I did. Up until my early 20s I lived my life like every second was on camera and that whomever was watching was so enthralled in my life that even my boring moments were important to them. I took comfort in this feeling that someone knew me and loved me as much or better than I even knew/loved myself.

I'm loving this thread. I know this movie got a lot of people thinking, but I didn't think this thread would be as interesting as it is. Thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by butterpecan

There's a reason that people are feeling that life is like a movie script. It is a function of becoming present to the now more than living in the joys/regrets of the past or anxiety/hope of the future. When you start to become present, aware, enlightened, whatever, you start to experience the present for the first time. And the thing is, it feels like a movie. Know why? Because you have been living life through emotional drama and everything but presence and have even succumbed to every one else's script but your own.

Whether they know it or not, TPTB, ego maniac pols, or whoever's behind the curtain, has caused so much chaos and blatant shenanigans and outright crime, that people are starting to wake the hell up. Add to that the collective chatter mind and brilliant discoveries the internet has offered this era and people start to share their experiences and patterns develop. It won't be long, hopefully, before everyone sees tv and mass media as programming of their bio-computer-creation machines.

The present feels like you're part of a movie script because you are fully engaged. Much like you are watching a movie. The inputs of real life action and sight/sound stimulation are exactly the same, minus muscle movement. Optic, aural and ultra-ultra high frequencies humans subconsciously communicate with (not yet detectable but backed by countless "paranormal" experiences over generations). The frequency signals are received and converted to the electro-chemical brain pathways. They are translated to pictures based on past memories, attached to emotions and feelings, and may or may not result in action. We literally live movies as if it is us. It allows us to learn but it is also a trap.

If you feel life is like a movie script, you are experiencing the present and operating within the peace that surpasses all understanding.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
lol, the parts where his wife pitches ads...
"What the hell are you talking about? Who you talking to!?"

It is creepy, good post.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Blocula, you make me feel positively down-to-Earth, lol

Originally posted by blocula

S+F and thanx for exposing some of our hidden realities and opening a lot of peoples eyes and minds as well,because a lot of people are walking around half asleep and need to be awakened...

Well...as long as you aren't awakened by Sirius or the Morning Star. Watch out for Satan!

We still don't know which local Church the OP is a member of ... gotta know so we can make sure we subscribe to the right interpretation of the Bible or else we are Satans pawns!

The entire earth is like a truman show conspiracy and so is life and reality itself...

Actually, it's the ego-self that is like a Truman show. You know, the part of us that thinks it is separated from everyone else and from God. The ego-self, which we think we are, doesn't like to be transcended. The day-to-day ego-consciousness is the true satan. The very same ego-self that has the OP under its thumb.

But hey, don't let me stop you guys from grasping at 9/11 straws and satanic boogey-men.

edit on 3-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
reply to post by observe50

dont worry dude.. I just posted a glaring 911 reference in the flick....

AND listed first hand experience of whats going on ..... and .... no response,,,

makes u go hmmmmmm

I didn't fully realize that people only see what they want to see until I found this site. I always think its just me...that even here at ATS I'm one of the 'crazy' ones.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Every church,temple and mosque is filled with billions of people everyday who are unknowingly funneling incredible amounts of blind faith psychic energies that perpetually feeds the evil beast with more and more diabolical power as humanity continues to spiral ever more out of control,pretty cool,huh? and so i cant wait to run out the door,go to church,worship and praise and surrender my only soul to a god no ones ever seen or heard...

edit on 3-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Sorry but how does day 10909 = 10911?
reply to post by clintdelicious

ahh I didnt explain it well enough ....

The very first day WE see Truman .. there is an update that comes up saying its day 10909 of his life .....

they show it again on the next day ... day 10910 ...

unless I missed it ... they did NOT show it for day 10911 .. however ,, it is day 10911 as you follow the movie that Truman "wakes up" to what is happening around him ......

I'd be curious to see original issue of this movie and see if its been removed subesquently ....

anyhow ... to the fellow with the general response ... thank you ...

also .. there is a line in the movie where Christof .. (the producer of the show .. or false God as I see it) says ...(paraphrasing)..........."Truman doesnt want to know the truth .. if he really wanted to,,,, he could leave..."

and this ..to me describes all that want the 911 OS to be the "truth" ... and as the general response guy said ,,, we havent made that much headway with 911 ,,,, theres alot of people that want the OS to be real ...

cue red,. white and blue fireworks ,,,, see that Truman? yer a true Patriot ... golly

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join