It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truman Show conspiracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by southtower

It had been ages since i saw this movie and i think i must've been about 13 or 14 when i did.. you just made me watch it again and i must say i noticed A LOT of symbolism and hidden messages. (all seeing eyes, pyramids, and ofcourse the message behind the storyline)

It's blatantly obvious at times if you know what to look for..

Why do all good movies seem to have an agenda behind them? Influencing our subconcious with subliminals?

I may need to go back and watch it again, I got the allusion to the world being an illusion (like what I did there?). I however was not awake to other symbolism, I figured Sirius was important but not until recently do I understand why it was the one that fell.

I wonder about your question to subconscious and subliminals as well!
edit on 3-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeptusminor

Well it is true that Anubis does represent Sirius (or Sirius B) and that Sirius played a large role in Egyptian philosophy, but any associations with Evil are unfounded. I mean no disrespect to anyone on here, but that is dis-information, and i must call shennanigans.

Seconded.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sirius played a large role in Egyptian philosophy, but any associations with Evil are unfounded.

Maybe there's a possible connection between Fallen Angel and Fallen star? The light fell from the sky and brought Truman enlightenment. There has to be meaning to this.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by southtower

Sirius played a large role in Egyptian philosophy, but any associations with Evil are unfounded.

Maybe there's a possible connection between Fallen Angel and Fallen star? The light fell from the sky and brought Truman enlightenment. There has to be meaning to this.

I'm pretty sure this is -exactly- what it meant.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Last time I checked, Sirius is still up there.

Why would an 'evil' star want to fall at just the right place and time to bring someone enlightenment?

Sounds like something a 'good' star would do. Isn't the Jesus archetype associated with Sirius?

Isn't Sirius a candidate for the Star of Bethlehem? And for the Morning Star?

Isn't Jesus the Morning Star?

Sorry but it just seems like a religious fundamentalist is grasping at straws to demonize something that doesn't fit into his narrow and dogmatic and well...ignorant belief system.

edit on 3-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
He got out of the Matrix

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
reply to post by observe50

dont worry dude.. I just posted a glaring 911 reference in the flick....

AND listed first hand experience of whats going on ..... and .... no response,,,

makes u go hmmmmmm

Sorry for your troubles friend. I hope those experiences only served to make you stronger
and lead you to focus on the areas of life that really count.

Further to your 9/11 catch - In that sense 9/11 should represent to us the day that
our questioning of what was presented to us as reality by the media should begin.
Now i know there are sites out there pertaining to the idea that 9/11 really was faked
and that we were sold nothing more than a prefabricated movie/script with movie style
special effects, actors and faked video.

This is a very interesting notion and in a weird way makes a lot of sense.

regards

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Sorry but it just seems like a religious fundamentalist is grasping at straws to demonize something that doesn't fit into his narrow and dogmatic and well...ignorant belief system.

Satan/Lucifer is the morning star too. Lucifers known as "the shining one, "son of the morning" and "light bringing".

Truman is going to work in the morning, when a "light" falls near him, thus disproving stars, sun, moon and eventually......God. His life was controlled by Cristof, not Christ.

75% of U.S.A's population believes Christ controls their life.
edit on 3-7-2012 by southtower because: jesus

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by southtower
Satan/Lucifer is the morning star, not Jesus. Lucifers known as "the shining one, "son of the morning" and "light bringing.

So is Jesus.

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." -Revelation 22:16

Religious fundamentalists never seem to understand that symbols can have a dual-nature. They zero in on whichever aspect of meaning supports their dogmatic agenda and ignore the rest.

Jesus and Satan are twin brothers. They are both the Morning Star, both Sirius, both the snake, both the fish. You only see one at the exclusion of the other. But if you want to have 'eyes to see' (plural) then you need to see both.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

9/11 was completely scripted from start to finish.

"We just recieved word that building 7 collapsed" 20 minutes before it happened.

Also they used pretty much the exact same wording in the first few reports on the various stations that were reporting.

Like watching a movie.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Last time I checked, Sirius is still up there.

Why would an 'evil' star want to fall at just the right place and time to bring someone enlightenment?

Sounds like something a 'good' star would do. Isn't the Jesus archetype associated with Sirius?

Isn't Sirius a candidate for the Star of Bethlehem? And for the Morning Star?

Here is an interesting take from another discussion:

by somethinganonymous

The Trueman Show... interesting movie... and here's my two cents.

Trueman is the Christ.

Yup, you heard me, the whole movie is an allegory for the second return of the Christ.

1. Trueman . . . Yeshua was son of Man . . . (maybe a stretch)

2. Trueman is the only real, the only Truth in the "world"

3. Trueman is the light of the "world"

4. The "GOD" before Trueman stands up and liberates himself is Christof .. Christ - off.

5. Trueman is born of a virgin.

6. Trueman is baptized, born of the sailboat "Santa Maria" - the Holy Virgin - symbollically for Trueman being delivered off the waters of the Holy Virgin.

7. After being baptized, trueman walks the water, literally.

8. Trueman ascends the sky

9. Trueman becomes his own GOD/creator ones he ditches the moon.

10. Trueman sells insurance . . . i.e. salvation. . . (maybe a stretch)

11. Oh, and I think, but am not sure, that Trueman was "dead" for three deays, i.e. he was believed to be sleeping/or working in the basement and was gone off the tv-set for three days before he was discovered again ascending the stairway to heaven...

www.davidicke.com...

So the awakening of TrueMan was instigated by the fall of Sirius.

Apparently the movie was co-produced by Richard Luke Rothschild!
edit on 3-7-2012 by OutonaLimb because: spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

So the awakening of TrueMan was instigated by the fall of Sirius.

How dare TrueMan be awakened by anything other than the particular Church that the OP approves of! What a naughty star!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
According to mental health "experts" this is called the Truman Show Delusion. According to "experts" it's a form of mental illness..

The Truman delusion you describe is a Grandiose delusion or Persecutory delusion that is centered around the persons perception of their own reality.

The fact that the OP is saying "We" rather than "I" shows that this is a theory and not a delusion.

If he/she were to say, "I am in a Truman like show and you are all actors or against me" that is a delusion.

Read the first post again as the theory is based upon references that have been noticed and asks a question, that is all.

edit on 2-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

By saying We the OP infers that they are also part of this conspiracy...

I give up at times.

You know that only hurts until you stop...

The OP made the statement "WE are The Truman Show." this is not a question, it is a direct and concise statement. Now there are some questions posed just prior to this, but that is a statement nonetheless. Now had the OP said “Are WE the Truman Show” that would have qualified as this question, but they didn’t and by saying we (a plural personal pronoun to include one’s self in a conversation, statement or experience) they could have just as well said I.

We can argue this further but saying WE does not imply a theory when placed in a statement, it is stating a belief saying “We are the Truman Show” the author believes they are part of said conspiracy (or one similar not exactly like the Truman Show but a unreality). Saying WE does not leave out the OP and therefore the original arguement that this falls under the Truman Show delusion is valid.

Perhaps you should re-read the last part of the OP’s thread…or keep banging your head against the wall, but like I said it stops hurting when you stop hitting it.

And all this says nothing to the fact I feel like this too sometimes

edit on 3-7-2012 by abeverage because: minor spelling

Its obvious that the OP is being objective in his post, a literal interpretation isn't applicable here. I bet my bottom dollar that he has just threw this story and his thoughts out there for discussion.

Your belief that he is suffering from delusion actually implies delusion on YOUR part.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thanks Agatha. I signed up for this site just for this thread because I love The Truman Show & sharing my thoughts with people who "get it". I pretty much have gone through the same situation that you describe. Like you, me and my mate joke about it sometimes and say its the "[insert name here] show" ! And at worst I have cursed and damned the nazi's to hell for a total violation of privacy & inhumanity. Like you I have also learned to ignore it. Because otherwise we can go nuts like Truman did at one point & for me it really is a matter of just accepting it, like the poster that mentioned the show The Prisoner. Yes I do agree there is way more to life than this. I really think the elites are living like The Jetsons while they got the rest of us living like Planet of The Apes...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Um.. how is that a 9/11 reference? Because the #'s 9, 1 and 1 appeared randomly.. not even in order?

Proves people will always find something that they want to find, even if they have to greatly stretch, bend and almost break something to make it fit. The one reference I DID find weird was the Simpson episode where there was a clear 911. I think it's a coincidence personally.. I don't think some cartoon writers had inside information on a massive plot to destroy buildings in the U.S., but most of these "finds" take great leaps of imagination and abandonment of common sense to make it fit.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Here is something i remember from around 94-95.
A student at mit created the first organic micro processor.
It made the news because he had gotten a deal to put it in game systems.(i think it was the ps2)
I thought it was cool and a couple years later i tried to find any info on it and could not and still to this day i can't find any info on it.
I'm no tech expert but think of the implications of a microchip that truly has a life and not just a programmed one being found in most of our technology.

The researcher i believe was a chinese student and he named the thing "THE CELL"
edit on 3-7-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
WOW

can not believe i came across this!

I had a little thought in my head about this a couple of times and then forgotten about researching for any conspiricies!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

As-salaam alaikum, Southtower.

Very interesting. I do love that movie. One thing, though. I've never heard of Satan referred to as "Sirius." Can you tell me where you found that info?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Funny you posted this....I had an interesting vision about 3 weeks ago but I haven't paid any attention to it yet (but intend to study it at a future date).

So I had just been praying, was feeling pretty tired as I had been training & teaching martial arts so I was pretty tired for quite a few days (add to that my 9-5 job working as an Software Engineer).

I lay down on my back to catch a quick power nap, now just as I lay down I had been thinking about the Voyager 1 and how it's flying out now into the great unknown.

That's when I nodded off, had this feeling like my breath was about to go, you know when your about to drop off a big roller coaster dip or you are really up high. I was floating high above this solar system and I could see earth, and then the Voyager 1 probe.

What was interesting was whoever was narrating to me the events, told me to take notice of where it was heading, I could see what I can only describe as a bubble around this solar system, like a black wall that Voyager 1 will encounter it and the results that come back to earth will alarm a lot of people.

Now this is just a vision, it is open to interpretation and one I put down to:

1. being tired
2. thinking too much about Voyager 1
3. Not enough coffee

Adios.
edit on 3-7-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by sayiamu

Here is something i remember from around 94-95.
A student at mit created the first organic micro processor.
It made the news because he had gotten a deal to put it in game systems.(i think it was the ps2)
I thought it was cool and a couple years later i tried to find any info on it and could not and still to this day i can't find any info on it.
I'm no tech expert but think of the implications of a microchip that truly has a life and not just a programmed one being found in most of our technology.

The researcher i believe was a chinese student and he named the thing "THE CELL"
edit on 3-7-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

Yeah I know what you're on about.

Did you ever hear about the photonic processor that was created? The lab guys made an artificial cube that mimic'd photosynthesis in plants, turning on and off, but was 3 dimensional and activated by a variable laser.

I remember reading how the military were going to use it and this article also talked about the theory of drones and unmanned vehicles that would lead the future battle.

Then mysteriously never heard about that fabled chip again (it caught my eye, in the late 90's I think, because it was also reported to be able to work as a storage device, able to hold phenomenal amounts of data).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join