It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truman Show conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This was my favorite movie growing up (I'm 24 now).. I was old enough to "get it", but still young enough that I loved watching the same movie over and over and over. Maybe its message worked its way into my subconscious thought

Awesome movie. I love Marlon

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If you want to understand the underlying symbolism that carries the The Truman Show film,
then
you should introduce yourself to the
Gnostic belief systems. But observe that hidden
do not necessarily mean truth.
edit on 3-7-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm just curious as to how the OP came to the conclusion that Sirius has something to do with Satan?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by southtower

One thing is for sure it seems. If they make a FICTION movie about something, somebody on ATS will try and turn it into a conspiracy. Childish at best.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

here is a forever link to the show: The Truman Show

Get show, when I saw i began to question. S&F for you buddy.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

Amen to that, I used to be so passionate about some things (such as music) but after you begin to uncover some, what I perveive to be, truths about the world, you simply cannot unlearn what you have learned. Now the primary force behind my life is to look after my girlfriend and my aspirations have turned out to be different once all other distractions are removed.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Even if there is a rock-solid 9/11 reference, I would not conclude that someone knew something and planted it in the movie deliberately. In order to believe that I would have to know nothing about the collective unconscious. The more you know about Jungs work, the harder it is to jump to conspiracy conclusions based on a synchronicity or two.

edit on 3-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
I usually don't enjoy these kinds of threads but I liked yours...I never thought of Planet Earth in general being the Truman Show...very cool concept. It not all that unbelievable to present the possibility that aliens put us here and are observing us and maybe even interjecting to course correct us. I like it!

Advanced civilisations banish and some rebelled (the watchers)
status quo
and The Akashic records

As unimaginably immense and old the universe is We are told microscopic life might (might) exist on other planets eh eh

The universe also has countless space-time configurations and dimensions, we can only see a speck of it with our senses/telescopes

Do you really think all the races/cultures evolved from Africa? especially in such a short time?
All the cultures folk lore tells you where they come from but SCIENCE is blind to what they are told

You know how humans like a status-quo:
we are quarantined to stop our religions escaping, to stop the madness spreading and can you blame them, Star Men can be as gullible as we are. We are also way too aggressive and childish to be welcome or to last long

Science lacks spirit and you cant teach an expert anything also with science you have secret science and science for the masses

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeptusminor
I'm just curious as to how the OP came to the conclusion that Sirius has something to do with Satan?

Satan was a man from Sirius
the gods where men

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

One thing is for sure it seems. If they make a FICTION movie about something, somebody on ATS will try and turn it into a conspiracy. Childish at best.

apples and oranges

its a good thread you can learn from this or is that what you dont like

Nice eagle mate, not a big brother eagle is it?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by canyouhandletruth

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this statement. Where did you come up with this idea? Do you have a source or if it is a personal theory I'd like to hear the reasoning behind it. Cheers!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
This post made me think of something, at what point does a different way of thinking or looking at things qualify you as insane? At one time it was quite mad to think the world was round or that there were tiny living things that lived in the air and water that could make you sick. What is the tipping point between abstract thinking and madness and who gets to make that call?
edit on 2-7-2012 by Ladysophiaofsandoz because: opps

Madness is all relative. It is usually one person trying to have superiority of another person. Who is any one person to tell another person they are crazy? You might be uncommon, but the common person is part of the problem we have today. People are too politically correct, too much the same. We need some 'crazy' people if we advance out of these dark time.

On the other hand, the behavior of some people is maddening. Look at the huge number of people who "support troops" by wearing ribbons on their clothes. Here's a better idea: support them by convincing them to stay home! Also, "G0d" will not bless anybody going to kill others. It doesn't work that way. The religious systems have really done so much to create confusion in people and tensions with other religions. To me, people who refuse to accept that the bible is not about a literal man who walks on water. It's about the solar sun. Go look out on an ocean scene in the evening, and as the sun falls, you will see the sun "walk on water." There are other examples, but the point is that even after telling someone that, they still want to believe the 'version' they hear on TV. They want the fantasy, not the truth. I have seen that time and time again on multiple issues.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This movie was filmed right down the road from my house. Little beach community named Sea Side in the Panhandle of FL.
edit on 3-7-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Actually this has been noted before by none other then myself it went no where of course your presentation was better then mine.... just saying... We are the Truman show I guess didn't get picked up by many around here

edit on 3-7-2012 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

dont worry dude.. I just posted a glaring 911 reference in the flick....

AND listed first hand experience of whats going on ..... and .... no response,,,

makes u go hmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeptusminor

This seems to pertain to Freemasons:

Sirius represents the Dog God of Egypt, Anubis...... Sirius is the most evil star in Ancient Egypt. The star, Sirius, is represented in EVERY Masonic lodge by the 5-pointed star.

Many other sources connect Sirius to Satan, just need to look around. In all new Disney logo's, their intro pans down from Sirius to the Disney castle. (If you dont know already, there are 3 blatant 6's hidden in the name "Disney")

Originally posted by sayiamu
... if anyone reads this ..please acknowlege that you saw the new 911 reference in Truman Show .. so that this at least survives another day...
thank you

Glad someone else caught it
Here it is

Originally posted by BlueMule
Even if there is a rock-solid 9/11 reference, I would not conclude that someone knew something and planted it in the movie deliberately.

If i were you, i would stop by my channel and check out my 9/11 in film playlist.
Or my last thread concerning 2 Manhattan based flix Godzilla

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
who call satan sirius?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
According to mental health "experts" this is called the Truman Show Delusion. According to "experts" it's a form of mental illness..

The Truman delusion you describe is a Grandiose delusion or Persecutory delusion that is centered around the persons perception of their own reality.

The fact that the OP is saying "We" rather than "I" shows that this is a theory and not a delusion.

If he/she were to say, "I am in a Truman like show and you are all actors or against me" that is a delusion.

Read the first post again as the theory is based upon references that have been noticed and asks a question, that is all.

edit on 2-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

By saying We the OP infers that they are also part of this conspiracy...

I give up at times.

You know that only hurts until you stop...

The OP made the statement "WE are The Truman Show." this is not a question, it is a direct and concise statement. Now there are some questions posed just prior to this, but that is a statement nonetheless. Now had the OP said “Are WE the Truman Show” that would have qualified as this question, but they didn’t and by saying we (a plural personal pronoun to include one’s self in a conversation, statement or experience) they could have just as well said I.

We can argue this further but saying WE does not imply a theory when placed in a statement, it is stating a belief saying “We are the Truman Show” the author believes they are part of said conspiracy (or one similar not exactly like the Truman Show but a unreality). Saying WE does not leave out the OP and therefore the original arguement that this falls under the Truman Show delusion is valid.

Perhaps you should re-read the last part of the OP’s thread…or keep banging your head against the wall, but like I said it stops hurting when you stop hitting it.

And all this says nothing to the fact I feel like this too sometimes

edit on 3-7-2012 by abeverage because: minor spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well it is true that Anubis does represent Sirius (or Sirius B) and that Sirius played a large role in Egyptian philosophy, but any associations with Evil are unfounded. I mean no disrespect to anyone on here, but that is dis-information, and i must call shennanigans.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It had been ages since i saw this movie and i think i must've been about 13 or 14 when i did.. you just made me watch it again and i must say i noticed A LOT of symbolism and hidden messages. (all seeing eyes, pyramids, and ofcourse the message behind the storyline)

It's blatantly obvious at times if you know what to look for..

Why do all good movies seem to have an agenda behind them? Influencing our subconcious with subliminals?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join