It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG!! My Family Just Barely Survived a Tornado and I Do Believe I am in Shock......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Starwise

Ensure they are the jpeg and size around 700 X what it reverts to and then go to my ats, then the last button on the right, upload. Wait for it to load and then use the tab at the far top left to upload a picture from your computer. Then click the picture and copy and paste the top code out of the 3 into a post.

I'm really sorry this happened. I don't believe its Mother Nature, but the madmen running things and their friends.
Some of it could be related to the Gulf Stream shutdown, and that had alot to do with BP and also the underwater nukes used Pacific as well. They are unbelievable in their insanity.

As a mother of 5 who could never afford the kind of back yard equipment, its not as important as life and liberty and your home, BUT, the loss for them is still significant. Some people never get to give their children what they consider a normal childhood and what is occurring here is a war against Love and Goodness.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your post:
Living in the country and far from any entertainment, the playground equipment was a very special gift when we bought the house. Trust me, it wont be replaced, especially with me being out of work now.....

And yes I do wonder about the gulfstream shut down, I didnt know it was still down.....ahhh so much research and reading I want to do and so little time.....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Perhaps the weather service is as surprised as you at the tornado's formation. They recommend folks
build safe rooms but if you are like me you don't have the cash to fork out for such luxuries?? Perhaps
there is a tax break for having one, who knows.
I'm glad all you lost can be replaced and hope you have adequate insurance.
My hometown is in NC and I recall when I was in high school..late 60's that a tornado took out a
furniture? factory and a man's life there.
Thank God you and your family lived to tell the tale and hope you never have to go through that again.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Looking at those pictures, you are blessed and watched over, to have survived, or not sustained damage to the house. Thank you, whoever is watching over, for serving and protecting this family. Thank you so much, I pray for the safety of all people and for the Spirit of Peace and Love to be with them and their Light to grow, their understanding and awareness.

I wonder if the playground set, can be salvaged, ie, perhaps even looking to recycle wood, somehow. I know, when you first mentioned the little ones and their special playset, I had tears because I knew, having always wanted one myself and how hard it is to replace even material things for many people, and also, how much kids delight something they know is for them, having memories of my children and their friends, how important that is to them.

So glad to see it missed you, that Angels/Ets watched overhead.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Looking at those pictures, you are blessed and watched over, to have survived, or not sustained damage to the house. Thank you, whoever is watching over, for serving and protecting this family. Thank you so much, I pray for the safety of all people and for the Spirit of Peace and Love to be with them and their Light to grow, their understanding and awareness.

I wonder if the playground set, can be salvaged, ie, perhaps even looking to recycle wood, somehow. I know, when you first mentioned the little ones and their special playset, I had tears because I knew, having always wanted one myself and how hard it is to replace even material things for many people, and also, how much kids delight something they know is for them, having memories of my children and their friends, how important that is to them.

So glad to see it missed you, that Angels/Ets watched overhead.

Thank You, I feel very blessed too....The kids are doing well until they realize they cant yet go into the backyard. We have a lot of debris to move, and not sure how to do it just yet. The insurance adjuster cant come out for another week??

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
The story begins with knowing a storm is coming, but nothing more than your typical thunderstorm. As I sat and watched out my window, the clouds grew more malevolent with great strikes of lightening in the distance. My dog began to cry and scratch at the back door, which she NEVER does during a storm. I then see the wind beginning to pick up and the rain begin to fall.

So I run to the back door to let her in and into her kennel.

So usually you make your dog stay outside during thunderstorms?

I am soooo angry right now, no tornado alarm went off, no warning on the weather channel that we were in a tornado watch...NOTHING!!! What is going on here, this is not normal here in NC. In the last 2 years tornadoes have become a thing of which we are not used to. People here do not have basements because the water table is too high.

How did you find out there was a tornado? Sometimes straight line winds can do damage like that on their own and that may be the reason there wasn't a tornado warning or alarm.

My kids are saddened at the loss of their beloved playpark

Doesn't look all that bad, you could probably repair it or have a carpenter do it pretty easily.

Glad you are safe. I also live on the north end of tornado alley and I'm a bit paranoid about the weather so I take every thunderstorm seriously once it gets so intense.
edit on 14-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Where ya gona move? There is no safe place here in the States.. the weather is WRONG everywhere.. and the rest of the planet is no better...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry about this and your MS diagnosis, sometimes things can go downhill really fast. It has happened to me before, as well. I wish you all the best and I'm really glad your home wasn't damaged. Think of the blessings you do have, like a husband, home, and family. I hope things level out for you soon.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by Komodo

Where ya gona move? There is no safe place here in the States.. the weather is WRONG everywhere.. and the rest of the planet is no better...

Either underground or..

outside of 'Tornado ally', till congress DOES something about houses being ravished at will; I'll take the fire over a tornado ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. you can NOT stop a tornado but you CAN stop a fire.

My heart goes out to all the American's in Tornado ally, it truly does more than words can express, so I let my tear speak the loudest in prayers for them...

Oregon, Washington,Idaho,Northern CA, Wyoming, Alaska .........to name a few, and these are just options but, these are states that don't have a Tornado season-every-single-year. A new home will never replace the life of a loved one, ever. It's better to risk the move to another state than it is to stay and risk the life of your family (IMO) because..

Family comes first.

Granted, I've NEVER lived in Tornado Alley, and never expect to, but, I would do exactly what my sister did 30 years ago~Seek Peace AND purse it for welfare of my family and move.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join