It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Gentlemen, Can You Offer An Explanation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The lunar module inexplicably shifts as both astronauts descend
down the ladder onto the lunar surface.
How is this possible when the ladder is welded to the main body, and the
main body weighs thousands of pounds.

(I think you can guess the explanation I would forward.)

p.s. My bolds, indicating terms of contention.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The landing equipment flexed.Tanks move when you jump on them, it is a displacement of weight. The entire gear would be calibrated to flex in such a way as to limit bouncing in a reduced gravity environment.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Exactly, they would be stupid not to put some sort of give in the landing gear. No way would they land the module using completely rigid landing gear, it will have had some sort of shock absorb system.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Didn't NASA call it self Rambler before the space race ? Maybe it was Edsel ?

edit on 2-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
didn't they just release high rez sat images of the lander sites?

Is it going to take a trip to see His foot print to prove it that would stop these stories?

oh right than it would be the "You got me to the moon so you could of set this up for me to see " argument right?

thats the final go to for the moon conspiracy, once we finally are there and have colonies.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Firstly, you might be confusing mass with weight. The module on the moon would have weighed roughly 1/6 of what it weighed on Earth.
Secondly, it might have been the camera that moved relative to the frame, because the impact nudged it slightly.
Thirdly, it would make sense for the module to have shock absorbers, or some type of suspension gear.
edit on 2-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Apparently Stanley Kubrick shot the moon landings in a film studio,

He used to put clues in his movies as he was the only director to have free reign over his films because of the moon landings, they finally killed him because of the ending of the Eyes wide shut film where the ending was changed by warner bros as it was too big a clue about the freemasons.
edit on 2-7-2012 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Is it going to take a trip to see His foot print to prove it that would stop these stories?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

like dipping a puppys nose in it's pee when it pees in a non designated area

just noticed this:

Originally posted by benrl

His foot print

His?

god's?

or is there a Church of Armstrong?

edit on 2-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
lmao at this fail thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
seriously dude, look at the pic here:

See the tube within the tube? That's so they can have "absorbers" inside them that will move... they aren't solid, rigid structures attached to another solid, rigid structure or they wouldn't have the tubes, they wouldn't have the triangular braces, they'd just be welded right into place attached to the frame....
sheeesh, come on, at least be realistic ...

We landed on the moon, it really happened, nobody's trying to "fool you", it would serve no purpose.

ETA: and notice the ladder on the back left side, it's on the "outside tube" so it's gonna move, it's made to move.
edit on 2-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

The lunar module inexplicably shifts as both astronauts descend
down the ladder onto the lunar surface.
How is this possible when the ladder is welded to the main body, and the
main body weighs thousands of pounds.

(I think you can guess the explanation I would forward.)

p.s. My bolds, indicating terms of contention.

Have considered the fact it was the camera that moved
People on here go out of their way to try and prove Apollo was fake and it seems all logic and common sense goes out the window.

Honestly the first thing you thought was the lander moved

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The "hoax conspirators" have been debunked time and time and time and time and time and time again.

We landed on the Moon. It happened. The ones crying "HOAX" on it are really over the top.

Here's a link with ALL the explanations in them, spelled out nice and slowly for those still having trouble with it and wanting to claim it didn't happen. The link addresses each and every one of the crazy theories out there of it being staged and not happening. This is much easier then telling them the same thing over and over and over and debunking their theories one by one. It's all covered with various other links showing it really happened.
Read all the links, then get back to us after you've been through all the material.

pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu...

The first thing the conspiracy theorists on this subject always say is "I'm not expert on this and don't know much about physics, but..."
They definitely aren't kidding about that part!! They don't believe there's any gravity on the moon at all, or they don't believe there are hydraulics in the landing gear or they don't believe the astronauts suits can block out the sun's rays, they don't understand that the temperature is extreme but it doesn't affect things the same way that temperature does within an atmosphere, they ask about stars and light sources, things that are EASILY explained, as seen in the link.

If you're going to insist that the landings were faked, at LEAST learn a little bit about what you're attacking before you attack it. Get some small inkling of how things work such as hydraulics, light, photography...just a little bit of knowledge can go a long, long way and keep you from looking like a total idiot.

I'm honestly surprised that some of these folks don't wonder why there are no animals in the background or why the astronauts didn't eat some of that cheese they think the moon is made of....

It's not faked, it's a real lunar landing. It happened. They have trouble believing this yet they're the first to jump on board and claim that other, outright impossible events just HAVE to be true with zero proof, zero logic and outright CRAZY stories!! ..... smh

new topics

top topics

join