It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This morning, the U.S. House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform Committee unanimousl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok, Even though I am a RP supporter, what good does this do? Until all those restrictions are done away with, any bill to "audit" the Fed is useless. The very things that should be investigated, are out of bounds. Like telling a homicide detective, "You can see everything but the murder scene"
And I can promise, the removal of those will be what kills the bill. It will never pass in it's original form.
edit on 3-7-2012 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What the point of an audit if your going to take all the good stuff out. looks like we are just auditing the toliets and making sure the FED's have enough TP on a quarterly bases.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by creepyalien
All government should be totally transparent.
and All people in government.

why do they need to hide their bank accounts?
only if the are getting illegal money.

All government should be totally transparent.
and All people in government.

I have been saying this for years. The only reason why representative government was started was cause it was impossible for the people to govern themselves but today this is not so!
With the inventions of computers and internet every american can choose for themself what our laws should be,
whether we have wars, who we are, what is fair and what is unjust! Representative government today is just a way for the plutocracy to remain that way! If we allow this to continue we will end up, all being homeless and
other countries holding the lease on all our land! We need to see the world for what it is- selfish! We need to stop
letting people who go to washington and allow the corruption to infect their values tell us they know what's best for the ignorant sheeple! DC is a sespool of morally devoid beurocrats who become less then human as soon as
the virus of corruption, blackmail and idle threats enters into the equation! If this continues we will go the way of all the other great nations of history except our destruction will most likely lead to nuclear armagedon! I realize that I see a very bleak future for the road we are on but knowing what i know leads me to draw this conclusion!
This is our world, it's up to us to make it one worth saving and each of us has a responsability to take action to ensure this! God help us to see the light of freedom, equality, unity and transparency!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Agreed. Assuming this bill actually makes it to the floor of the Senate, by the time it gets there it's language would be adjusted to render it toothless. But even then it has to go to Obama to be signed. That's three hurdles it would have to pass to actually go into effect. Just because the House passes something, it's not guaranteed to become law. This is where the notion of "political will" comes in. There is none here.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This bill ought to be called "The Golden Age Bill".

IF it passes it will usher in the most glorious change in American history.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This bill passing the house shows a lot IMO. It show the banking cartel is loosing it's grip on the politicians. And in europe the MSN was just speaking out against the parasite bankers too. I see a shift coming.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by N3k9Ni

aINT GOING TO HAPPEN, i WOULDN'T GET MY HOPES UP FOR THIS PASSING AND GETTING SIGNED.

If you wouldn't, then don't. Your choice.

I am interested in seeing if this gains any ground.

Do you really think the most powerful interest group in the world would allow us the sheeple to see the corruption,
KAOs and theft in plain view?
If we were allowed to view the feds transactions, would'nt this show what a farce the global banking system is to those in denial?
In that case would'nt the global banking system tumble especially considering the holdings of worthless derivatives the fed now holds?

I hope i'm wrong on all these opinions but i doubt it!
edit on 3-7-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: misspelled correction!

I really don't think they will, I really don't think they won't. I don't believe anything until I see it.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
For those of you who don't know how legislators' decision-making works, here is what I was told in my American Justice class a few months ago, straight from the horse's mouth, a former Florida Senator:

Legislators do not read every bill that comes up for vote (surprise)
. Most of the time the only legislators to read bills are the ones on the committees, and the rest normally depend on the individuals from the committee that they trust to decide how they will vote. Of course every legislator has his or her personal convictions on certain issues, but most of the time it's just a vote with my friends situation.

This particular bill passed the committee unanimously (23 Republicans and 17 Democrats), so if we assume that politicians are going to conduct business as usual, the odds of this bill passing in the rest of the House seem pretty good.

We will see what happens in the Senate.
edit on 3-7-2012 by wagnificent because: fixed my smiley

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by txraised254
reply to post by rjbaggins

If Paul's bill passed it would remove those restrictions so you could have a FULL audit of the feds instead of a partial. I hope this bill gets passed...they want to know what I do with my money I want to know what they do with theirs.

**Correction**
they want to know what I do with my money, I want to know what they do with my money

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Apparently the house bill already has 263 co-sponsors as of June 28th, so it will pass. However Rand Paul's S 202, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, has only 20 co-sponsors (all Republicans). I would urge everyone to write to their senators and either thank them for co-sponsoring or demanding that they co-sponsor. I just wrote to Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson. Here is the list of current co-sponsors for S 202 as of July 1st:

Sen. Jim DeMint [R-SC]
Sen. David Vitter [R-LA]
Sen. Mike Lee [R-UT] (joined Mar 01, 2011)
Sen. John Boozman [R-AR] (joined May 24, 2011)
Sen. Orrin Hatch [R-UT] (joined May 24, 2011)
Sen. Dean Heller [R-NV] (joined Jun 22, 2011)
Sen. Saxby Chambliss [R-GA] (joined Jul 25, 2011)
Sen. Michael Crapo [R-ID] (joined Sep 06, 2011)
Sen. John Barrasso [R-WY] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. Roy Blunt [R-MO] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. Richard Burr [R-NC] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. Thomas Coburn [R-OK] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. James “Jim” Inhofe [R-OK] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. James Risch [R-ID] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. Marco Rubio [R-FL] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. John Thune [R-SD] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. Roger Wicker [R-MS] (joined Oct 06, 2011)
Sen. Charles “Chuck” Grassley [R-IA] (joined Oct 31, 2011)
Sen. John McCain [R-AZ] (joined Oct 31, 2011)
Sen. John Cornyn [R-TX] (joined Mar 28, 2012)

And here is a website to keep track of the progress www.auditthefed.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Does Obama or Romney have an opinion, or is it better for them to ignore it like they ignore Paul and just hope it goes away.With the MSM really ignoring the issue too that helps Obama and Romney, regardless of how the public feels.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I'm not sure, but if Rubio (who co-sponsored S 202) is potentially going to be Romney's vice-presidential candidate, it would make sense for him to get behind it too. Thus it would kinda make sense for Obama to get behind it for damage control.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
strange days, indeed. it appears the divide will widen, my friends. anybody else feel like we're in for an interesting course of events between now and this year's end?

man i hope this passes. it appears as if we've managed to elect some tough no-nonsense congressmen and senators. i'm liking this momentum

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
if it eventually passes the full House and then becomes law in unaltered or unamended form, will eliminate from Fed audits.

Now there is the word, the word IF. That if is going only going to happen once the economy crashes and those scum are already snug in their SHTF locations. You think they want the mass public to know they have been sending trillions to their banker buddies?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
if it eventually passes the full House and then becomes law in unaltered or unamended form, will eliminate from Fed audits...

HR 459 was unanimously passed by the government oversight and reform committee, and it already has enough co-sponsors to ensure that it passes in the House in its present form. I agree that we have to wait for the Senate to get their act together (and for Obama to put his stamp on it), but I imagine that there is something going on that is motivating all these politicians in the House to pass this bill. Whatever that motivation is, it may light a fire under some Senator's buttocks too.

You think they want the mass public to know they have been sending trillions to their banker buddies?

I think there may be something scarier than banker buddies happening already... at least it seems that way in the House.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent

Originally posted by MidnightTide
if it eventually passes the full House and then becomes law in unaltered or unamended form, will eliminate from Fed audits...

HR 459 was unanimously passed by the government oversight and reform committee, and it already has enough co-sponsors to ensure that it passes in the House in its present form. I agree that we have to wait for the Senate to get their act together (and for Obama to put his stamp on it), but I imagine that there is something going on that is motivating all these politicians in the House to pass this bill. Whatever that motivation is, it may light a fire under some Senator's buttocks too.

You think they want the mass public to know they have been sending trillions to their banker buddies?

I think there may be something scarier than banker buddies happening already... at least it seems that way in the House.

Well, seeing how the FED might get dragged into the Barclay's LIBOR scandal might be one of them:

And Now The Fed Gets Dragged Into LiEborgate

www.zerohedge.com...

But what I am saying though. They audit the FED, they discover that the FED have given trillions and trillions of dollars to domestic and foreign banks to keep their financials from falling apart. What happens when we find out this is all an illusion?

Everything collapses.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sounds like a good time to call and write your senators to support the amendment to the senate version that actually eliminates the current restrictions on the GAOs ability to audit the fed res..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join