It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This morning, the U.S. House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform Committee unanimousl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
passed Ron Paul’s latest “Audit the Fed” bill, H.R. 459.

Ron Paul is not only still a candidate for the GOP
He's still working to achieve his goals.

The bill would eliminate certain restrictions that now exist on any audits done on the Federal Reserve

www.ronpaul2012.com...
edit on 2-7-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Jul 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I thought this was great news until I read the RESTRICTIONS from your link........

Audits of the Board and Federal reserve banks may not include—

(1) transactions for or with a foreign central bank, government of a foreign country, or nonprivate international financing organization;

(2) deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, and open market operations;

(3) transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee; or

(4) a part of a discussion or communication among or between members of the Board and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System related to clauses (1)–(3) of this subsection

Who made these exemptions, and with them, what good is the actual bill if it does pass? I am spitting freakin nails right now with the whole ridiculousness of this even being proposed with these restrictions!!

WHAT GOOD IS IT?

Oh, I get it, let's make the people think we did something good, but let's not tell them WHAT WE DIDN"T DO IN THE AUDIT!!!!!

This is nothing but our wonderful government, doing one thing, but nullifying it with restrictions that make the whole point meaningless!!! Please, someone tell me if I am wrong? I really hope I have interpreted this the wrong way...................I really do, but I don't think so.....

edit on 2-7-2012 by seeker1963 because: I didn't want to bring dancers in adult clubs down to the level of the people who work in our government

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

You didn't read the rest of the article. Those are the restrictions currently placed on Fed audits.

Again, the above are the existing restrictions that H.R. 459, if it eventually passes the full House and then becomes law in unaltered or unamended form, will eliminate from Fed audits.

edit on 2-7-2012 by N3k9Ni because: eta

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Calming down, so addressing each one of these individually.

(1) transactions for or with a foreign central bank, government of a foreign country, or nonprivate international financing organization;

So being that the Fed has pumped trillions of dollars into foriegn banks, we the people won't find out how much? Even though we are now on the hook for paying for it!

(2) deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, and open market operations

Yep, you bet your ass, WE THE PEOPLE are not allowed to know about these shady, corrupt, practices....

(3) transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee; or

(4) a part of a discussion or communication among or between members of the Board and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System related to clauses (1)–(3) of this subsection

Is this not a Get out of jail FREE card???

How dare these corrupt politicians play this game!!!! Acting like they are giving us what we want, while doing nothing more than protection the corruption that has lead to our countries ruin...................

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Again, the above are the existing restrictions that H.R. 459, if it eventually passes the full House and then becomes law in unaltered or unamended form, will eliminate from Fed audits.

This was all that was left of the article that I read my friend. Quite honestly, I have know clue as to the meaning of that last sentence........

I understand "the above are the EXISTING restriction that H.R. 459" means, but "if it eventually passes the full House and then becomes law IN UNALTERED OR UNAMENDED FORM, will eliminate from Fed audits" That one has me totally mind f*^%#^ as to what the garbled few words means....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You're right. It is a rather poorly constructed sentence. I hope this helps.

The bill would eliminate certain restrictions that now exist on any audits done on the Federal Reserve

These restrictions are currently in place as to audits of the Federal Reserve. In other words, this is currently what cannot be included in a Fed audit.

(2) deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, and open market operations;

(4) a part of a discussion or communication among or between members of the Board and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System related to clauses (1)–(3) of this subsection.

These restrictions are what the bill proposes to eliminate. I broke that last sentence down to make it a bit easier to understand.

...H.R. 459, if it eventually passes the full House and then becomes law...will eliminate (these restrictions) from Fed audits.

As you pointed out, this would be the "unaltered or unamended form" which still has to be approved by the full House and the Senate.

edit on 2-7-2012 by N3k9Ni because: edited for clarity

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Thank you very much for clarifying what I misunderstood my friend!!!
I appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

My pleasure.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

aINT GOING TO HAPPEN, i WOULDN'T GET MY HOPES UP FOR THIS PASSING AND GETTING SIGNED.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by N3k9Ni

aINT GOING TO HAPPEN, i WOULDN'T GET MY HOPES UP FOR THIS PASSING AND GETTING SIGNED.

If you wouldn't, then don't. Your choice.

I am interested in seeing if this gains any ground.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I agree with you. With these exemptions, what is the point of the resolution. The whole point should be to get them to disclose what the heck they are doing with foreign banks and others. I see this as a bunch of BS. It does nothing and I would like to know why they put these restrictions on it and who was the people who put them in it. I think the really interesting question is going to be why these people put them in it! What happened to Government transparency?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I agree with you. With these exemptions, what is the point of the resolution. The whole point should be to get them to disclose what the heck they are doing with foreign banks and others. I see this as a bunch of BS. It does nothing and I would like to know why they put these restrictions on it and who was the people who put them in it. I think the really interesting question is going to be why these people put them in it! What happened to Government transparency?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

If Paul's bill passed it would remove those restrictions so you could have a FULL audit of the feds instead of a partial. I hope this bill gets passed...they want to know what I do with my money I want to know what they do with theirs.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by txraised254
reply to post by rjbaggins

If Paul's bill passed it would remove those restrictions so you could have a FULL audit of the feds instead of a partial. I hope this bill gets passed...they want to know what I do with my money I want to know what they do with theirs.

Now that's not necessarily true. We COULD edit the FED and include the current restrictions that they bill would eliminate, but how many other restrictions are there that would remain in place and woud the audit be worth the paper its written on?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
game on!

thank you

thank you

thank you

love team is go

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
We need an audit. No telling how many decades we have been giving free money to God alone knows who with zero accountability. Gotta hand it to ancient Rome, when it taxed it's people at least they knew where the money was going, which was into Caesar's coffers. Well, i can't say i don't know where our money is going, judging by the state of the nation i'd say it's going everywhere but here.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
All government should be totally transparent.
and All people in government.

why do they need to hide their bank accounts?
only if the are getting illegal money.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It ELIMINATES THOSE RESTRICTIONS. That's the point of the bill. We need a facepalm smiley.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
We need an audit. No telling how many decades we have been giving free money to God alone knows who with zero accountability. Gotta hand it to ancient Rome, when it taxed it's people at least they knew where the money was going, which was into Caesar's coffers. Well, i can't say i don't know where our money is going, judging by the state of the nation i'd say it's going everywhere but here.

indeed but i believe estimates put it at 10s of trillions have gone to over seas banks and corporations, all from tax payers money via devaluation, zero interest loans, derivatives etc. among others.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by N3k9Ni

If you wouldn't, then don't. Your choice.

I am interested in seeing if this gains any ground.

Do you really think the most powerful interest group in the world would allow us the sheeple to see the corruption,
KAOs and theft in plain view?
If we were allowed to view the feds transactions, would'nt this show what a farce the global banking system is to those in denial?
In that case would'nt the global banking system tumble especially considering the holdings of worthless derivatives the fed now holds?

I hope i'm wrong on all these opinions but i doubt it!
edit on 3-7-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: misspelled correction!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join