It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug Out Night or Day?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Of all the survival and Bug Out discussions, I have not run across any discussions on what time would be the best to bug out.

Do you think trying to get the early jump and leave asap would be the best decision? What if a lot of people are doing the same and the roads are grid locked or the woods you are traveling through has other people doing the same? Do you leave during the day time so that you can see your surroundings and see hazards while traveling through unfamiliar terrain? OR do you travel during the night time so that you can hide or not be seen as easily, but are more prone to hazards or traps?

I think that for the first day traveling in day time may be the best as most people are more concerned about getting to where they are going than who is around. Although, having a large BOB on your back may paint a big target sign on you. After the first day, I think that hunger and thirst will set in for most people and they would be more prone to try to steal your BOB. I know people are going to say, "well, I will just shoot them before they can get close enough", but in America most people would be armed and would be trying to pick you off from a distance.

What time is the best to bug out and why?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You should have plans to bug out at any time, when SHTF you may not have a choice as when you can go. Optimize your planning for any time of day.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

As soon as the event takes place regardless of time of day.

That's why you have the BOB. So you can GO GO GO

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Grate question!!!

It really depends on the scenario and terrain. If you hear about something before every one else then leave , no matter night or day.
But if every one all ready knows I think it would be best to hide. Every one is going to be on the highways causing a massive traffic jam, all of the streets surrounding those high ways are going to jammed as well. If you want to escape the city as soon as possible I think it would be best to plan out a rout that will be less crowded. If your driving that is.

The only time I could see you having to leave at night is if the city is almost cleared out and bandits are strolling the streets. But it really depends on the terrain. Are you in the deep city? It might be safer to go out in day but then again you are more visible in the day. If your stealthy in the night it could be safer. If you live away from the deep city then night time would be the only time to move in my opinion. Why? You might have to cross some farm land or some big open space, some one could just pick you off from a distance. Unless they dont have night vision goggles it should be safer.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Depends entirely on the situation.

A person walking at night lights up an thermal cam like a flare.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'd say the best time to bug out is from 4 am to noon if you don't bug out within the first 48 hours of bug out event.

Edit: To clarify, I would travel those hours and be off the road by noon and hunkered in somewhere. Too many crazies at this point in the scenario. Pp starting to realize "oh shop this is it" going all kook and what not. Ppl rest form those hours. I think you can compare it to your freshman year at college. Same kind of mentality. I would pass out around 3 and go to class at 11. Didn't know what was going on just going with the flow to not be too noticed yet. If you are eating/resting when others are out "scavin" when you need to travel to your predetermined BOP your good to go.

edit on 2-7-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I tend to agree with traveling in the night if possible. However, you bring up a good point, which are you more comfortable in, night or day?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Bug Out Night or Day?

It won't matter. If you wait for a shtf event; it will be to late to get to any place safe. The aware predators will be
waiting for you as they anticipated the s. hitting the fan. There will be cues weeks ahead of time. Leave then!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I would say first off, that if you live in a major city and it is bug out time, most likely you will be screwed in getting out!

Imagine Godzilla attacking New York City and all of a sudden everyone jumps in their vehicles to get the hell out. I think traveling by highways would be entirely out of the question, unless you are a fortune teller. Look at the grid lock our cities have over people just trying to get to work in the morning....need I say more?

What if? We have a biological incident, where one of our many level four biolabs have a major malfunction? I am not trying to be a wiseguy, but isn't our government building a level four in tornado alley as we speak?

I am not against prepping to survive by any mean.......I guess the big question to ask, "What exactly are we prepping for?".

Nuclear? Who wants to live?
Biological? Who can live?
Military takeover? Well, just a matter of time before they track you down no matter how well prepared you are......

I know people get upset on ATS for people talking about rebellion, but I do believe that if we sit back and take it on their terms, versus US moving the chess pieces, it will only make our mission to take this country back all the more difficult!

I would have to say that forming up a local militia, would be about our best chance as a community versus, small groups of people rambling about the country side looking for shelter or some place to hide.

I am by far not an authority on the subject matter, but I do believe that strength will come in numbers, versus hiding out in a homemade bunker waiting for mobs to find you and take everything that you have worked hard gathering for your survival..... But then again, the more people who are gathered together, the easier it would be to find them.....................................

Very interesting theorys to digest, for sure!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

You bring up some very good points. I do believe that it has to do with the type of disaster and the roads would not be an option.

Also, I can see pros and cons to being the lone wolf vs in a group. Maybe that would be a great discussion on it's own, if it has not be covered already. Looks like I need to do another ATS search.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
it really depends, if its a man made event like a global economic collapse, I would bug out 1am in the morning. This is after a few of my warning signs have been going off. (Signs would be, bank runs, large TBTF banks going under, riots, 25% inflation over night, USD no longer peged to oil) My plan is based off of knowing when to leave at the right moment. If you wait to long and the masses find out there all screwed, then your too late and you will never get out.

If its a natural disaster you really dont have a choice in time.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I see a lot of people agree that it really depends on the situation and I have to agree to a point. However, now I am wondering how much of a role sheer luck will play for survival?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If I didn't have young ones to trot around, I would definitely opt for night time operations. Preferably under a full moon and clear skies. With the kids I choose the predawn hours as the light first begins to break....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I am by far not an authority on the subject matter, but I do believe that strength will come in numbers, versus hiding out in a homemade bunker waiting for mobs to find you and take everything that you have worked hard gathering for your survival..... But then again, the more people who are gathered together, the easier it would be to find them.....................................

Very interesting theorys to digest, for sure!

You are right, depending on where you are, you would be safer in a group. But problems do arise in groups. Such as control, feeding that group, getting along with each other ect... You maybe in a group but that does not mean a group member cannot kill you are get you killed. If you plan on grouping up, know the people you are grouping up with. Allot of people will deceive at a time like this.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

edit on 2-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

As a group, I think travel during the day would be the best. As for me, I don't plan on having anyone with me, so I'd probably travel in the night time. I also feel more comfortable traveling in the night than I would the day.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
If I was bugging out, I would do it when it is best for me...that could be anytime, day or night..
I wouldn't leave unless I thought I was safer leaving my current location.
You should have all you need right there, food, shelter, protection...anyway you get my point.

If I did go to a BOL or bug out, I wouldn't just go, I would have checked out the current situation and assess the threat, from there i would deside if I am going, where to and when...your BOL might be ground zero, then what?...my point being, don't go off half cocked and make your situation worse by leaving.

There are so many things that could happen, with out knowing what the SHTF is, will also help you figure out what you should do or not do...meaning, if its a hurricane and your on the coast, you will have plenty of time to get things together and go, if its a financial crash and bank holiday, it could be a lot harder to do what you want, if you have no credit cards or cash on hand, the point I am making, is that with out knowing what the SHTF is, it is hard to say if the SHTF I am doing this or that...cuz each SHTF could be different...just something to think about.

Any and all plans change, once they are needed, because nothing happens the way you expect it to...so you have to be flexible and adapt and adjust your plans as needed.....just my .02 cents

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

try the stealth aproach plan on going to work use cash instead of plastik stay out of the light.you cant fight the man with force there are to many...if every one went to work got off the plastic the all amercan way spend more than you have will only make you a slave buy a gun& blow your brains out..some of use are trying to feed our family i cant wate untill they go nuts, ill get to set back in the woods and stop working for the man.and do a little more fishing & hunting your poodle will be good fryed...for now ill teach my kids how to skin a dear work hard for what they get, dont buy it if you cant pay for it.my banker shakes my hand his poodle will taste good fryed to, hehe when # hits the fan watch out what woods you run to i might be hunting hehe

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

I'm a little confused. Are you saying practice stealth while going to work and eating poodles?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

Poodles must really taste good. You talk about eating them often.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join