It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry man smashes up T-Mobile shop in Manchester UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Bankers totally wreck a global economy, stealing millions and hurting innocents along the way and nothing happens.

Maybe he was a banker.

Either way, he needs help. People like this who cannot control their temper cause problems for everyone else. Image this was road rage and you were the poor sod forced off the road.

There's no excuse for his actions. Getting cheap stars by comparing it to bankers is (er) cheap. We all know bankers are *ankers, but keep to the topic in hand.

Regards

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Not surprising. A lot of this could be seen by searching Comcast is Evil

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

This is about T-Mobile UK, Comcast doesn't even have a UK presence.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

Fitness for purpose, s14(3) If the buyer expressly or impliedly makes his purpose for the goods known to the seller, the seller is obliged to make sure the goods provided are fit for that purpose, if it is reasonable for the buyer to rely on the seller's expertise.

which means if its broke and not the customers fault the seller is obliged to fix the item or renew the item.....its at the sellers discretion which warranty period or exchange period they choose, and its also the sellers discretion how best to help the buyer .

sales of goods act

Keep in mind this act (like many others) is fowl to many different textual interpretations on which huge companies abuse to benefit themselves and save costs

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not sure if this guy was "Standing his ground" as the OP puts it.... but he was certainly pushed to breaking point, he'd certainly just had enough.

The comparisons with bankers and about us standing up are a little late.

We had a movement, the occupy movement.... the world could have had their say and the banking system would now be regulated and sorted, politicians would be crapping their pants that people would come and occupy at any minute if they f***ed up again...

But no.

It was easier for them to plant stories and get the media and world against the movement and defeat it that way.

People are so stupid.

Oh well..... this is about a guy smashing up a phone shop because of a contract disagreement anyway, carry on.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think these corporations are getting too big personally. He hurt no one, only material items. Destroy the product and you destroy the size of the corporation.
That was....beautiful.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I hope the British people make this guy a folk hero.
This guy's a true expression of the coming zeitgeist.
One step further than civil disobedience, this is CIVIL DISTRUPTION in the most literal sense of those words.
By that, I mean disruption, done in a civil manner.

This is extremely important to take note of, as it could very well be the protest weapon tptb (Read: BANKS) fear most, for this is the secret weapon they've used against the people since the beginning: Sacking with a Smile.

The clerk didn't appear threatened, and the guy's body language was not violent or aggressive toward anyone..
This is the most important piece of the puzzle. #OWS take note.
edit on 7/3/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I also really hope that someone sets up a paypal account, accepting donations for this man's legal defense fund.
If people rose to support George Zimmerman, this guy really should get some support..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

Not me...

Behaving in a criminal manner, no matter the reasons, is still being a douche. He could have staged non-violent protest and sat in, or stripped (not actually illegal in England - being publicly naked). He chose a path of violence. It doesn't matter if the people didn't come under threat, but he has shown a lack of self control which will not do anyone any favours.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Not me...

Behaving in a criminal manner, no matter the reasons, is still being a douche. He could have staged non-violent protest and sat in, or stripped (not actually illegal in England - being publicly naked). He chose a path of violence. It doesn't matter if the people didn't come under threat, but he has shown a lack of self control which will not do anyone any favours.

Oh, I certainly agree that he broke the law. I'm not trying to argue that he didn't do that. I'm saying that society as a whole ought to start being supportive of those who are willing to express their discontent - even to the point of breaking the law - so that those in power will start to get the message that enough is enough.

That's what your argument boils down to - that he broke the law and we shouldn't do that.
Following your logic, what would you have people do when bills like Bill 78 get passed

You really think stripping naked would have done any better? Publicly naked may be ok, but t-mobile store is private property, and he'd only be opening himself up to potential violent action against his person, as well as a sexual assault lawsuit.. Much better plan, I'm sure.. I'm sure T-mobile would have really gotten the message too..

The clerk was clearly unthreatened and the only thing that was damaged was ill-gotten goods to begin with.

Your whole line of reasoning is laughable.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Although I don't reasonably expect a bearer of the cross of St George to be able to follow my reasoning..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
,,,,at thread title it say "angry man" but he did not look angry for me. man is very great champion i think. he take everythibg down from their walls,,,,sprey it all with fire extinguisher! is really cool,,,thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Behaving in a criminal manner, no matter the reasons, is still being a douche.

u sound like police office. can please u explain why u think this? oh no u download mp3,or stupid hollywood film,,,now u a "douche" ,,,oh no you done a big piss at the street becuz u need one where this is not a toilet at now u r a "douche" oh no u had to destroy t-mobile branch now u a... douche

what even is this word mean? "douche" ?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
that poor chap just blew off some steam...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

lol at the guy grinning at 0:22!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Ok i can't help it but i rolled off my chair laughing seeing how this guy handled that.

So calm, he just trashes the shop, sits down on a chair to wait for the cops, and thats it haha

never got physical or anything !

He even smiled when he got arrested lol.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

You have clearly never been to England, let alone Manchester , after London was nearly burnt to the ground last summer over Riots that just happened for no apparent reason, how can you come out with a statement like that ? Calling English people calm is like calling Americans softly spoken intellects. It just doesn't make sense .

Just look up any Jeremy Kyle clips on Youtube and you'll see a typical Brit, calm is not a word i would use.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Obviously sold him a blackberry, who wouldn't be angry!?

This man is an TOTAL LEGEND.

Prison? No, lets make him prime minister! Ive worked in retail and i know that basicly, as soon as the company gets your money, there not interested in the customer service side.

The consumer has no real power after the transaction has taken place due to companies "Terms and conditions" If your product breaks they can and WILL send that item off to be repaired for weeks at a time without a care in the world. Customer service people get it in the neck all the time and its not their fault, just poor policy by traders.

That happened to me with Comet. They sent away a HD recorder for repair (took a month) and it cost more to repair (they left the slip in the box !!!) than purchase. So clearly a tax scam. It still did not work upon return. They insisted on sending it away for repair again. The only redress is the courts but it would cost more money, grief, anger etc than the product is worth. They know this.

I simply parked my car outside their store whenever I went to the retail park (diy was next door) and had posters inside my window warning shoppers away from Comet. I did see several people read it and not go into the shop
I also have the full story on my website and I used to post it on any online review site where I could.

DO NOT SHOP AT COMET

Not said that for a few years !

If your from yorkshire i wonder if your referring to where B&Q is on beeston ring road? I used to work for currys and can assure you, the staff get no satisfaction from enforcing BS policies, its the people at the top of the chain that say what you can and cant do, its ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

At the time I was living in East Kilbride so that would be the Comet at Kingsgate retail park.......it always looks quiet......what a shame.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hardy har! Well done good sir, violence is clearly the answer to dissatisfaction!

And people think we are ready to "advance" to a new awaking or whatever in December. No.. I don't think we're quite there yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join