It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry man smashes up T-Mobile shop in Manchester UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I love this.

Don't know the full story behind what happened, but the guy trashes the shop after getting no satisfaction.

Look at the crowds of people he has attracted by standing his ground.

And he doesn't actually look very angry to me.

And look at the number of police that arrive within minutes. Maybe they thought another riot was kicking off.

edit on 2-7-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hahahahaha, how many people have dreamn't about doing this?!

I have a free phone that I use just as a phone, so I have no idea what it's like to be frustrated wiht a provider...but hot damn! This is hilarious.

/bathsalts.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Gotta use fire extinguishers on all those new HoT phones.

I almost did the same thing at a Cingular store back in the early 2000s.
If you had their service back then, you know what I'm talking about.

I ended up staging a sit-in at their store until I got my phone back, which was "being repaired for 3 months", or until I received a phone of equal value - $300. The clerk got spooked and called the owner. The owner and I chatted on the phone and I left there with a new $400 phone.

Many ways to handle a situation like this, one that doesn't involve police is preferable to most.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Crikey! I've felt like doing that a few times at various places, but I'm glad it was someone else now and not me.
Looks like it'll be an expensive phone bill this month.

+38 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Compare this to bankers.

This guy messes up a shop and gets arrested within minutes.

Bankers totally wreck a global economy, stealing millions and hurting innocents along the way and nothing happens.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
And he looks as if he is a really kind and soft person. With the service i have experienced, as many others, i think one never knows when you will crack.

What gets me is the crowd outside! If i was a suicide bomber, i would go trash a cellular shop.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
everyone is so polite and calm in England even when there is a fire and a special deal on phones
But none in hot pink,like this guy wanted.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Compare this to bankers.

Bankers totally wreck a global economy, stealing millions and hurting innocents along the way and nothing happens.

EXACTLY! This is what is winding people up these days in UK especially ... The bankers who ruin lives, steal money, lie are the ones who don't get put away but anyone can steal or damage something worth a few hundred pounds or so and be arrested and put away straight away...

Until bankers don't start getting put in jail, this carnage will continue ...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay

Originally posted by bigyin
Compare this to bankers.

EXACTLY! This is what is winding people up these days in UK especially ... The bankers who ruin lives, steal money, lie are the ones who don't get put away but anyone can steal or damage something worth a few hundred pounds or so and be arrested and put away straight away...

Until bankers don't start getting put in jail, this carnage will continue ...

Maybe if this guy and last year's rioters were wearing posh suits and driving Bentleys they might have got away with it - and got large bonuses.

edit on 2-7-2012 by dJbdJb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
He was asking for a refund

A spokesman for T-Mobile said the incident had started when a customer requested a refund which was refused because the customer was not deemed to be entitled to it.

Read more at: menmedia.co.uk...
Source

CX

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Have they said yet what got this guy so hacked off?

I understand the bankers comments though, it amazed me tonight listening to Sky News, they are talking about an enquiry being held and all that rubbish. Let the police investigate it, not fellow corrupt businessmen and politicians.

CX.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Yeah and I wonder howlong it will be before people start smashing ATM machines and padlocking up bank doors etc...

Good on this guy.. It seems the worm is about to turn as it's tired of being pecked at by vultures.

That was a lot of people in that crowd and from the cheers, most sounded like they were behind this guy and his actions.

People are starting to react to a broken, corrupt system.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Obviously sold him a blackberry, who wouldn't be angry!?

This man is an TOTAL LEGEND.

Prison? No, lets make him prime minister! Ive worked in retail and i know that basicly, as soon as the company gets your money, there not interested in the customer service side.

The consumer has no real power after the transaction has taken place due to companies "Terms and conditions" If your product breaks they can and WILL send that item off to be repaired for weeks at a time without a care in the world. Customer service people get it in the neck all the time and its not their fault, just poor policy by traders.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Fair play, he made his protest. ( Ok in a absolute classic way!! )

He didn't resist arrest, or hide & he will take the consequences on the chin probably.

More than the Bankers will ever do.

A member of public replicates the Bankers to a T. ( In his actions)

edit on 2/7/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: Missed a bit

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I was in a dispute with T-Mobile myself. They have been taken over by everythingeverywhere.com... who have resolved the matter.. I can understand why the guy did what he did..Hope he gets off with a caution..
edit on 2/7/2012 by lewtra because: Cut the rant about T Mobile...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I just got away from Tmo here in the US, I feel his pain and rage and damn it Im glad Im not the only one! Those bastards!

Probably But I felt like this many many many times!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm no anarchist but I liked it, and so did everyone else. He did what we all wish we could at times. Very calm and deliberate, even managed to give a laugh to the cops when they showed up. Thanks for sharing it, Bigyin.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

T-Mobile refuses to give me my money back

I've been a customer of T-Mobile for a long time but cancelled my contract with them 2 years ago because we moved overseas (we turned our numbers into pre-paid accounts). After cancellation, my account had a $200 credit, which I tried to get from overseas to no avail.

We are back temporarily in the US and I spoke with Customer Service again on March 26 and was told that unless I sign a new contract, T-Mobile would not provide a refund. It seems very dishonest for T-Mobile to keep money that it rightfully owes me because I don't want to sign a service contract. It actually seems illegal. Does anybody know what would be the bestr regulatory government agency to report them and launch a dispute? I am in the state of Illinois.

They even refused to give me a credit to my prepaid account. They said the only way for me to get my money was to sign a contract with them! After this experience, we are even switching our prepaid numbers to another provider.

T-Mobile refuses to give me my money back

T-Mobile Company refuses to wipe out the bill of a DECEASED person

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Maybe he just found out that Apple had Google/Samsung's Galaxy Nexus banned in the US. Heck that's exactly what I feel like doing to an Apple store right now. Good thing for me and Apple I know how to practice some self restraint.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't like vandalism or any types of violent act, but I have to admit
that was beautiful, hilarious and very "poetic"

I'm sure this guy will become kind of famous

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join