It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priorities (Robot vs Living Being)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A robot's priority is to survive.

But should a living being's priority be to survive since a living being should have everlasting life no matter what happens to its physical body of only one of its lifetimes?

Life goes on you must buy into. If life does not go on, then nothing matters.

Why should a living being that utilizes a physical body bother with struggling to survive, since they have everlasting life?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Actually, we are hard-wired for "survival of species" ahead of our "survival of self." It is more important that we breed than it is that we live. Many species are killed during the act of breeding, but they do it anyway. Even humans regularly risk life and limb just for the opportunity to practice breeding.

A robot on the other hand only has whatever motivations we program into it. The hardware is probably worth a lot more than the software, so if a robot were able to calculate risk, it should probably take the opportunity that provides the least chance of damaging its equipment, even if it means "dying" whatever that is to a robot. In this way, the other robots could use it for parts to make repairs to themselves.

NOW, on the spiritual aspect of humans, we had a guy named "Stonewall Jackson." He sat up high and mighty in his saddle even as horses were shot out from under him and people died all around him, and advisors begged to keep him off the front lines. His reasoning? "God has already determined the time and place of my death, what do I have to fear?"

We fight just for the sake of fighting. Win or lose is of no consequence, we simply need to undertake the battle for our own personal growth.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think you have just touched on the greatest secret of all time.....

If everyone knew without a doubt that life was eternal after death then people would just bust a cap in their head when they don't like their life they are having and then get a mulligan to do it over again with a new body.

Now here is the kicker.....
Even though we are all internal beings we are still here to learn and taking the easy way out by something like suicide means you did not learn so it is like taking a step backwards in your own personal development. I don't know about you but it is my goal to reach some higher level because I sure as heck don't want to be put back here with the scum bags that are running this world.

join