It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA Files Of Military and Aircraft Projects As Far Back as The 1940's!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have found it quite interesting that even though we tend to argue our opinions, that many are unaware of the FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) files. Many of these files are easily available, and some are out but blacked out to the point that you dont even want to bother.

But the fact remains that they are available and I will be adding them here, all that I can find, and subject material that is widely discussed here on the Military Projects forum. This can in fact open a new door for researchers here on ATS.

I will make them easily accessible, so that you can search what you are interested in.

Air Force History
1940's- 1980's

History of the 161st Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron 29 August 1944 - April 1945
documents.theblackvault.com...

History of the 22nd Bombardment Group - May 1944

History of the 25th Bombardment Group Aug Sep 1944

History of the 5th Air Disarmament Group (Provisional) 1944

The Inception, Organization and Functions of Headquarters, U.S. Strategic Air Forces in Europe, 28 May 1945

This list is very long so I will compress them here and you can find the link that you want.
www.theblackvault.com...

Project Silverbug

Project Silver Bug was the American "Black" project version of the Avro Aircraft Canada Y-2 undertaken by the United States Air Force in 1953.

Weapon System 118P

On 4 January 1955 the USAF issued Systems Requirement SR-12 for the Weapons System WS-118P high-speed reconnaissance vehicle.

Range was to be over 5000 km, altitude over 30 km. Bell provided a proposal on 1 December 1955, calling for a three-phase program using a glider designed to be boosted by a two-stage rocket to Mach 15 at 50 km altitude (Phase I would produce an 8,000 km range vehicle; Phase II a 16,000 km range vehicle; and Phase III an orbital vehicle).
Below are some of the documents released on this program.

Aircraft Configuration Survey for Weapon System 118P

Phase 3 Preliminary Development Plan

Reconnaissance System 118P Phase 3

Standard Aircraft Characteristics, Phase 2 1/2, Weapon System 118P HIGH-ALTITUDE RECONNAISSANCE

V/STOL Aircraft, Designs and Concepts

Vertical and/or Short Take-Off and Landing (V/STOL) is a term used to describe aircraft that are able to take-off or land vertically or on short runways. Most were experiments or outright failures from the 1950s to 1970s. Vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) describes craft which do not require short runways. Generally, a V/STOL aircraft needs to be able to hover; helicopters are not typically considered under the V/STOL classification.
Below are documents pertaining to different aircraft, designs and concepts obtained under the Freedom of Information Act

www.theblackvault.com...

Here are the rest......

USAF Southeast Asia Monographs

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)

The Senior Citizen Program - "The Aurora"

The "X"-Planes

Stealth Technology

Project Oxcart

Parasite Aircraft

Other Aviation Documents

MiG 23 (Russian)

F-22 "Raptor"

F-117 "Stealth Fighter"

B-2 "Stealth Bomber"

Air Force One Flyover of New York City

A-12 Avenger II - U.S. Navy Stealth

All of the above can be found here. www.theblackvault.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Very interesting, I'll have to look them over when I have time over the next few days. Your last link doesn't work though. I get a database error.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I linked directly from the post and it went there, sorry if your having trouble with it, but it works.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

It's working now. My have just been a temporary overload thing. Anyway I'll sit and go through this over the next couple of days and give any thoughts or comments to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hiya NRE, it's good to see the Black Vault catching some positive attention.

Damn near every file on the site was acquired through FOIA by John Greenwald Jr. IIRC, he was nagging the hell out of the authorities from age 18 for these documents. Vocation and passion.

A couple of years back, I found a series of files that detailed the names of FOIA applicants to NASA. There were scores of names in there and the one that stood out was....John Greenwald Jr.

A lot of UFO researchers lay claim to extensive FOIA requests and they weren't in there...he was all over the lists.

There's a good interview where he relates his adventures with bureaucracy and I think he had his dad in a small bit of trouble due to being too young to sign for the bundles of mail coming through. He's even requested files on himself and been declined.

Coincidentally, I've been thinking about posting a thread about one of the Black Vault files.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Hiya NRE, it's good to see the Black Vault catching some positive attention.

Damn near every file on the site was acquired through FOIA by John Greenwald Jr. IIRC, he was nagging the hell out of the authorities from age 18 for these documents. Vocation and passion.

A couple of years back, I found a series of files that detailed the names of FOIA applicants to NASA. There were scores of names in there and the one that stood out was....John Greenwald Jr.

A lot of UFO researchers lay claim to extensive FOIA requests and they weren't in there...he was all over the lists.

There's a good interview where he relates his adventures with bureaucracy and I think he had his dad in a small bit of trouble due to being too young to sign for the bundles of mail coming through. He's even requested files on himself and been declined.

Coincidentally, I've been thinking about posting a thread about one of the Black Vault files.

I sometimes forget that there is so much information floating out there, that can confirm so many things discussed here. I am going to try to get out all the info that I can, so that it can be more readily available.

BTW, if you do start a thread U2U me the link

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Great find!

See somethings I've always wanted some additional info on. I've been extremely interested in Oxcart and Aquatone.

I wonder if anything exists about Project Rover and NERVA that can be obtained via FOIA.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Good work making an accessible and user-friendly entrance into these, albeit, technical matters.

new topics

top topics

join