It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO Exposed – Hoax Of The Year or Government Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

I listened to the interview from the time you said. Lindberg is just not "ruling out" ufo because in reality, they have no idea what it is. The host even said, "It's a bit of a stretch to think that", and Peter replied "Yeah". He really is leaning more towards a pre ice-age structure because of the circle of rocks that landed on top from melting ice. I really don't think in anyway they are trying to deliberately imply this is a space ship. He thinks i'ts more like a pill box used for defense.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numb3r
reply to post by anathema777

I have no idea what it really is but one thing I'm fairly sure of is that if was extraterrestrial then we would wouldn't be hearing about it.

Or if they wanted to disclose the truth this might be the way they would go about it.

I don't think it's anything though. But I can see a thrilling money hungry documentary about this mystery that turns out to be nothing. That's why the slow release of info.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by interupt42

There was a different interview I was listening to. Found it here at ATS and he thinks it's a structure before the ice age. Regarding additional footage, pictures or what have you. They can't release everything because they don't own it. Understandably, because the TV show flipping the bill does. However, some new things will be released but not everything

On that same link which is suppose to be the latest update from their website : www.oceanexplorer.se...

2012-07-02
New interview with Peter Lindberg, from the website The Unexplained with Howard Hughes

theunexplained.tv...

When he talks about the "structure before the ice age" . That was in reference to one of the questions.
Note : not exact quotes but along the lines:

Q by interviewer: Do you think its possibly a military type thing from world war 2.

A by Lindberg: If it was man made then it was before the ice age, due to the rocks found on top of the object.

Then he goes on about not being able to say its not a UFO.

Like I said I'm skeptical, but I'm waiting to see how it turns out.

However, in another earlier interview he did , he appeared to me to be under some control or encouragement by the investors (or someone) to keep answering in vague and mysterious responses. In addition he almost came across to me as having an internal conflict with having to purposely answer in such a manner as if he was going against his own morals . Atleast that is how it came across to me with no factual evidence to back it up.

However, I still stand by previous post that if they don't say what they found or release better images by the time the documentary is released then there will be nothing worthwhile to watch in the documentary.

You can't come up with a better marketing strategy to sell a boat load of dvd then just coming out and saying.
"We found a real UFO", "Here are the pictures", and "We will go into more details on the dvd" . They would have every news outlet and media outlet wanting to buy the rights and everyone and their mother would buy the dvd for additional information. That is ofcourse if a real UFO was found.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Unless "TPTB" decided that it was finally time to let us in on the idea that we aren't alone in this universe. Or maybe, something slipped past their radar? Maybe the big bad government doesn't really know everything that goes on. Just maybe, they were caught off guard and due to the location and the fact they didn't catch it first, they can't step in and take control with out starting a huge fight.

I am not going to claim it is a UFO/USO. Although if it turned out to be a UFO, no one would believe it anyway. The discovery x team could announce that after lab sample were sent off, and they explored the inside they can confirm it is something not man-made and is real; you would still have the same amount of people believing the story as you do now.

People will believe what they want to believe until all the facts come in. You can't really call it a hoax or say it's real until you can prove one way or another. Until then, everything is just speculation and fun idea's.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Your Kidding...

You are saying that this Russell Tetrault is an official spokesperson for the team and that he believes it is a UFO and more over, so much in fact that he states they will prove it?

There goes any credibility of Science this team ever had.

Scientists don't speak that way no matter what their personal beliefs. That's very bad science.

I hate most scientists for believing religious scientific dogma aka the cult of the church of science but on the other hand we don't need real scientists going off half cocked and losing all they are trying to gain.

Please somebody tell me this Russell Tetrault doesn't really represent this team.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Here is another interview of Russell Tetrault ringsidereport.com...

Here is a little bit of that interview

SH: Talk about your interest in UFOs.

I first got into the study of UFOs when I was 12 and my father and I went to a campsite in New England and we saw multiple silver discs in the sky. I could not believe it. My father and I spoke about that incident the entire way home and have spoken about it a lot since.

SH: What do you think the most compelling piece of UFO evidence is?

Roswell and the cover up comes to mind. I spoke to a high ranking military official that stated to me that it was an alien crash and that there were bodies recovered. I didn’t need a high ranking official to tell me this though. The explanation that the government gave was so all over the place that you couldn’t take it seriously. So, if they are lying, why are they lying? Think about it. They’re covering something up.

SH: Where does the Baltic Sea UFO place in history?

I don’t know yet. All signs point to this thing being either a downed craft or an abandoned ship. The fact that it interferes with all of our equipment confirms that it is not a rock, but don’t be surprised if that becomes the cover story. It will most likely be called one, but I’m trying to get the truth out there.

SH: What is the UFO Baltic Sea Information Project?

Well, I started it with my good friend, Max Winkler, and it is a company fully funded by donations from the public and it allows us to pay our way to monitor the dives to the craft and to get on the ships as they bring up first account reports. We are privy to a lot of information before anyone can get to it and thus far, it has been very effective.

SH: You said to me last time we spoke that there may have been some hieroglyphics written on the craft. Can you talk about that?

I can’t. I can say that there are some strange things that have been discovered, but I’m currently awaiting the entire picture and I don’t want to say anything unless I know it to be 100% true. You have my word that when I know, I will call you.

So this Stan Hernandez guy has written two stories on Russell Tetrault. This one on June 28th and the Ops on July 1st.
edit on 3-7-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I don't know what people mean by "hoax." I think it was an actual odd-shaped object on sonar - they finally got a dive team there. It DOES seem odd even for a rock formation. So they are playing it up a bit - after all, they are in it for the money. I don't think the object or their research is a hoax. They are simply not scientists, and not qualified in any way to do a real study of this thing.

They also may be driven by the television station funding them - they may have been asked to exaggerate or be nebulous in their description and findings, so that a future documentary / show will rake in the ratings. It's not a huge deal to me - I don't think for a moment it every came from the sky, but I do think it's an interesting rock formation that may not be natural. Only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I don't know what people mean by "hoax." I think it was an actual odd-shaped object on sonar - they finally got a dive team there. It DOES seem odd even for a rock formation. So they are playing it up a bit - after all, they are in it for the money. I don't think the object or their research is a hoax. They are simply not scientists, and not qualified in any way to do a real study of this thing.

They also may be driven by the television station funding them - they may have been asked to exaggerate or be nebulous in their description and findings, so that a future documentary / show will rake in the ratings. It's not a huge deal to me - I don't think for a moment it every came from the sky, but I do think it's an interesting rock formation that may not be natural. Only time will tell.

You know what? Star for you... Ive been so caught up in the lack of forthcoming information and other aspects of this case that had driven me to lean towards a hoax, scam or just over exaggerated rock formations that I forgot these guys were "treasure hunters"... That being said and kept in context I dont think we should weigh their actions as far as profit goes against them or the find.

So that in mind weather it were a UFO, USO, Atlantis, some kind of intelligent design or natural occurrence so what if their prime motivation is money? I would venture to guess the truth behind the find itself is their secondary, because after all, they are treasure hunters, not scientists.

Now if they were scientists with funding secured doing research for some University you can take it to the bank their primary, secondary directive etc would be the find and the truth/facts related to it, period.

In the end both groups have the same goals, just perhaps in a different order. Assuming its legit and not hoax/scam.

Thanx for your post as it caused me to rethink my stance on the matter and helped me put it back into perspective.

*edit*
I hope anyone reading this can appreciate how much of a pain it is creating these threads and doing substantive replies/posts using a mobile phone. If I get a call and for got to copy everything every minute or so I gotta start all over. This one took me 30 minutes, non stop.

NEEDS my laptop!

-Anathema

-Anathema
edit on 7/3/2012 by anathema777 because: Fixed typos

edit on 7/3/2012 by anathema777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Although I hope it is a downed UFO...who doesn't? I think there could be a logical explanation...

They had found right angles and what appears to be corridors.

I'm wondering if anyone had thought that perhaps it could have been a downed/abandoned test craft, maybe from USSR/Russia or space junk that didn't quite burn up?

Plausible?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I wish people would stop calling it a UFO. It is NOT a UFO!!

UFO= unidentified FLYING object.... Last I checked it wasn't flying and it was made of stone and at the bottom of the Sea. So therefore not a UFO.

I dont; believe it's anything extraterrestrial but possibly something left from an older civilization when that part of the Sea was above sea level.

Whatever it is, it's interesting, esp the hole and possible stairs. I hope more pictures are released and video of what this object is. Either way if it is something left over from a civilization then it's a part of our history and I look forward to hearing more about it..

But seriously STOP calling it a UFO!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What do you guys think about Mr. Lindbergs statements about the right angle boxes, long linear lines and *possibly* some form of hieroglyphic/s writings on the structure?

Obviously we would all find it awesome if there are some pictures, drawings, writing, or strange hieroglyphic like markings on the discovery.

If there is that would prove a few fantastic possibilities... It would mean the structure/object *as long as its not a UFO/USO* was built/placed before the Baltic Sea formed, which would pre-date the last ice-age making it over 10,000 years old if my research on the timeline is correct.

It would also mean ancient man was building structures and writing intelligent communications 1000's of years earlier then we ever thought possible.

What do you all think about the matter?

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah I suppose calling it a UFO would be incorrect. At best its a USO, unidentified submersable object.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Article title; Baltic USO - HOAX OR GUBMENT?!
Article content; Some dude has an opinion about some other dude who thinks the uso is alien.

now i know standards of reporting have gotten really lax since we realised we could all be our own press and jury with the power of the internet, and i know everyone is just itching to get in with the first memorable diss
but this is just getting depressing.
at least this one doesn't have a frothing idiot hook like a giant mushroom.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
In my opinion, the OX team is working unprofessional and they don't have a scientific background. They could have done many things differently - but this does NOT mean it's a hoax.

In fact, this recent "MSNBC piece" is some piece which only speculates whether the OX project is a hoax based on some scientist's opinions and criticism about how the OX team goes about things. Even being a skeptic, i found that piece NOT very good and simply merely someone's very skeptical comments/opinion, rather uninteresting and proving or disproving nothing really.

As for myself, i have the impression that the OX team is genuine but they are just doing a lot of things wrong. I dont think it's scammers/hoaxters. In fact, from what i know they are now using their own money to fund the project, certainly not making a "profit" from it as the MSNBC piece suggests. Maybe they are trying to get in some of the money now even with silly things like t-shirts, TV contracts etc...but there is nothing wrong with it per se
edit on 9-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Latest: We seem to have additional sonar images that are quite different than the previously released images.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PulpArk
Latest: We seem to have additional sonar images that are quite different than the previously released images.

this is how disinfo works.... when someone starts posting an obvious hoax.... Read here:

Originally posted by Imtor
So obvious, what he did is

- he took the end of the Falcon-like figure and pasted it on the other side then flipped it horizontally, so you get two ends left and right of this 'boat' then he copied the middle of the Falcon-like object and pasted it 10-20 times to make the body of the 'boat'.

HOAX EXPOSED

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PulpArk

this is how disinfo works.... when someone starts posting an obvious hoax.... Read here:

So obvious, what he did is

- he took the end of the Falcon-like figure and pasted it on the other side then flipped it horizontally, so you get two ends left and right of this 'boat' then he copied the middle of the Falcon-like object and pasted it 10-20 times to make the body of the 'boat'.

HOAX EXPOSED

If the video is in any way connected with Ocean X and the "anomaly team", I would say it is highly suggestive of a hoax or practical joke. But trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, my theory is they are just making another "Blair Witch Project" type TV production, and we are all playing bit parts in this production - at no cost or renumeration from the producers! (It would be funny if when "The Anomaly" gets aired if they include posts from ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PulpArk

First of all...

This picture troubles me. Why are the descriptions of the details on the monitor sideways as if it's part of the sonar picture?? Someone edited that in to try and make it look authentic. This should be your first clue that someone is trying to discredit the expedition.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Imtor, is this mr. Lindbergs team that is responsible for the release of this new so celled updated sonar imaging? If so why do you thunk after they have oh so carefully controlled the release of pictures and information would they release something so obviouslt faked/hoaxed/poorly put together? I mean seriously this would officially put an end to any further questions we have as to if the discovery is something real, interesting, of scientific importance or hoaxed... Not to mention anyone ob ATS, scratch that, a 8 year old with moderate computer skills and at least twenty minutes of time invested in MS Paint could have put together a more convincing "sonar" image, dont you think?

Good work on revealing the hoax by the way.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just stumbled across the below article which I think may carry some weight:

‘Baltic UFO’ may be secret Nazi sub-trap

www.rt.com...

Personally, I'm on the fence like many others regarding the 'UFO' story but this is certainly an interesting possibility?

Though it has to be said I fear Ocean X are raising this profile purely for their own financial gain. Or maybe that's just the sceptic in me...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join