It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian Admits The Mujahideen are in Syria Helping The Rebels, With New Name

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Source Guardian

As for the process of the operation, the target was chosen and moves of its staff were under surveillance as well as its entrances and exits. At 4am on Wednesday 8 Shaaban 1433 (27-6-2012), with the blessing of God the building was stormed by the lions of al-Jabha, may God bless them, and they engaged with the security members some of whom were killed, wounded and others taken as prisoners. Then, the Mujahideen completed the mission to destroy the administration offices and studios with explosive devices and returned safely, with the blessing of God.

Then, the Mujahideen completed the mission to destroy the administration offices and studios with explosive devices and returned safely

The Group itself
Source

This is the same Mujahideen that has been causing the bombings in Iraq.
Iraq's deputy interior minister said early February that weapons and jihadists were entering Syria from its country
Isn't that surprising
we were once again helping the jihadists.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

"with the blessing of God. "
Foreigner's ,,never get anything right,,,
Jihadist yes,, Islamic Jihadist,,no,,
Muslum,,Absolutely.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
WELL, WELL, well

it's almost becoming too easy to discern the real culprits and the REAL terrorists these days!
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I'll gladly show you!

Israel teams with terror group [Mujahedin] to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC News

rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com...

Ex-US officials investigated over speeches to Iranian dissident group on terror list

Speaking firms representing ex-FBI Director Louis Freeh and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton have received federal subpoenas as part of an expanding investigation into the source of payments to former top government officials who have publicly advocated removing an Iranian dissident group [Mujahedin] from the State Department list of terrorist groups, three sources familiar with the investigation told NBC News.

openchannel.msnbc.msn.com...

There you have it folks. Israel is openly supporting a known terrorist organization to destabilize the middle east for their own interests killing scientists and instigating uprisings. AND American officials are working hard to remove them from their own terror lists!
edit on 2-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

"group [Mujahedin] from the State Department list of terrorist groups"

State Department list,,,,guess everyone keeps a list these days,,

anyway ya it was part of the Contract when U.S.Of.A was there.

Mujahedin,,yup Rockey,, same guys,, sorry.

State Department
gotta agree with, Rockey on this one.
and they want too bring H.I.N.D.S too Syria,, brrrrr.
ya i know its all make believe.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Good stuff, OP. A plethora of info in that link.

But your headline is misleading. It would be more accurate to say "The Mujaheddin are claiming responsibility for an attack in Syria's media via the website alnusraa.blogspot.co.uk".

The Guardian is reporting what Syrian state media and other sources are saying. They aren't 'admitting' anything. It may be true, it may not. The aren't vouching for the authenticity of the info. They are just highlighting what the press in Syria is saying. It's a rather key distinction.

Interestingly, the Guardian's source says the communique from the Mujaheddin comes from a UK web address.

1.53pm: Syria: The government news agency, Sana, says al-Nusra Front (Jabhat al-Nusra) has claimed responsibility for the attack on al-Ikhbariya TV channel last week. The station's studios were badly damaged and seven employees were reportedly killed in the attack.

2:33 Syria: Our colleague Mona Mahmood has located what we think is the statement from al-Nusra Front mentioned by Sana (see 1.53pm).

It's Communique No 32 on the website alnusraa.blogspot.co.uk. The relevant part, in Arabic, says:

As for the process of the operation, the target was chosen and moves of its staff were under surveillance as well as its entrances and exits. At 4am on Wednesday 8 Shaaban 1433 (27-6-2012), with the blessing of God the building was stormed by the lions of al-Jabha, may God bless them, and they engaged with the security members some of whom were killed, wounded and others taken as prisoners. Then, the Mujahideen completed the mission to destroy the administration offices and studios with explosive devices and returned safely, with the blessing of God.

edit on 2-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Also, of interesting note, they are saying the Russians are planning on meeting with the 'rebels' soon. Is Putin's support of Assad finally shifting to support for the rebels?

• Russia has agreed to meet representatives of the Syrian opposition later this month, the RIA Novosti agency is reporting (see 11.02am).

Also, also of interesting note, division amongst the 'rebels':

The UN-backed plan for a "transitional authority" in Syria, which was discussed by foreign ministers in Geneva on Saturday, appears to have deepened existing divisions within the opposition. The Free Syrian Army and some other elements are boycotting the Cairo meeting (see 10.53am).

edit on 2-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Also, of interesting note, they are saying the Russians are planning on meeting with the 'rebels' soon. Is Putin's support of Assad finally shifting to support for the rebels?

To answer your question, No, this is the same meeting that Putin and Russia in case of Libya.
Russia makes first contact with Libyan opposition

"Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov (foreground-C) meets with Fatah member Azzam al-Ahmed (Backround 3-R) Mussa Abu Marzuk of Hamas (Background 3-L) , and Maher al-Taher (Background 2-L) of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and other members of the Plestinian delegation during their meeting in Moscow on May 23, 2011 (AFP Photo / Alexander Nemenov)"

From my own source which i have posted.

Deputy foreign minister Mikhail Bogdanov was quoted by the RIA Novosti agency as saying Monday that the first group headed by opposition leader Michel Kilo will will arrive later this week.

Michel Kilo is a christian Syrian of different opposition group, that may or may not have ties with Assad.
Of course the rebels control much of the eastern Syria that's because its there route to Turkey without that supply line they will be cut off, if they aren't already.

The rebels claim that they have 60% control of Syria even though that is highly unlikely, they do however seem to control 40% not 60% much of Syria boarder areas, because don't forget.

Kurds don't wont to be part of this at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Lol the guardian, proven infiltrated long ago by KGB

Journalist working for Russian intelligence services

KGB defector Oleg Gordievsky identified prominent Guardian editor Richard Gott as one of his agents.

Source

And it is pure comedy that you would use this source since the facts are,

The paper supported NATO's military intervention in the Kosovo War in 1999. Though the United Nations Security Council did not support the action, The Guardian stated that "the only honourable course for Europe and America is to use military force".[38] Mary Kaldor's piece was headlined "Bombs away! But to save civilians we must get in some soldiers too."[39]

And you have always been against the action there.

In short the Source is used and abused more than a ten cent street corner worker.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Is that your best argument? because it fails short

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

To answer your question, No, this is the same meeting that Putin and Russia in case of Libya.
Russia makes first contact with Libyan opposition

No, as it clearly shows, Russia is meeting with rebels in SYRIA. Your source says so:

• Russia has agreed to meet representatives of the Syrian opposition later this month, the RIA Novosti agency is reporting (see 11.02am).

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It really is a shame you've taken this on as your pet project, because you really muddy the waters of lucid debate. This isn't the guardian 'admitting' anything. They are simply reporting what other sources are saying. In this case, they are reporting the the Mujaheddin are taking credit for an attack on Syrian state media buildings. It may very well be true, but it is not actually being verified by the Guardian.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Is that your best argument? because it fails short

It left this story without a credible source, now you are left alone pushing your Anti-Western agenda in yet another thread creation.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

It really is a shame you've taken this on as your pet project, because you really muddy the waters of lucid debate. This isn't the guardian 'admitting' anything. They are simply reporting what other sources are saying. In this case, they are reporting the the Mujaheddin are taking credit for an attack on Syrian state media buildings. It may very well be true, but it is not actually being verified by the Guardian.

Which is self admitting, which is why i titled the thread guardian Admits The Mujahideen are in Syria Helping The Rebels.But you and TinfoilTP its pretty clear what you two are trying to do here, and thus giving each other likes

but it is not actually being verified by the Guardian
And i could say the same thing about defections to, that they could be nothing more then exaggerated stoeries out of the Turkish press and of course the syrian observatory for human rights.

A Syrian observatory for human rights run by two people.

For example.
[url=http://www.680news.com/news/world/article/378970--turkey-s-state-news-agency-says-85-syrian-soldiers-including-general-defect-to-turkey]Source[/u rl]

Sounds like you stanguilles7 and TinfoilTP both have an agenda on here and its pretty clear on what is.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No credible source eh?
did you even read the link i posted?
Source

2.33pm: Syria: Our colleague Mona Mahmood has located what we think is the statement from al-Nusra Front mentioned by Sana (see 1.53pm).

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I cant believe some ATS users are giving likes for at the troll at least i have presented my argument with sources,links,quotes.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I cant believe some ATS users are giving likes for at the troll at least i have presented my argument with sources,links,quotes.

Have you ever considered that you often misrepresent your data, as you have done here?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Mujahideen means strugglers or people doing jihad.

any Muslim group fighting a jihad can use the name Mujahideen as its a generic name for there freedom fighters.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Have you ever considered that you often misrepresent your data, as you have done here?

No.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

No.

Star for honesty.

I figured as much.

It's too bad, because this is an interesting topic, and it doesnt help when you post so many intentionally misleading headlines like this one.

The Guardian has not 'admitted' anything. They posted a link to a blog that made the claim. the blog is based in the UK. Why is a group in the UK claiming responsibility for an attack on Syrian forces in Syria?

edit on 5-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

They posted a link to a blog that made the claim

Well its clear that you and that user have a clear agenda on here, the Mujahideen are in Syria whatever you like it or not, i have seen the videos of them on YouTube, but apperently you two seems to be defending them? thats surprising.

TinfoilTP is a well known troll and a Ron Paul hater. but i am not honestly surprised.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join