Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

All in the Name of $$$ Oxycontin Makers Pushing for FDA to Ok Use for SIX YEAR OLDS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Your child is in pain. The ONLY thing the doctor will prescribe is OC. what then? Let your child stay in pain, or give them the drug?

Ofcourse help them with the designed drug to help, its just sad this is the way AND THERE ARE BETTER DRUGS AND WAYS JUST NOT PRESENTED TO THE GENERAL POPULACE. Another poster ASKED IF THE SAME SITUATION WAS PRESENTED TO A big pharma COMPANY INDIVIDUAL whos child was sick and in pain what would they prescribe? It would be interesting to see what meds they accepted as prescribed?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh likes "hillbilly heroin" That's all I need to know. He's a fine patriot and a fine American that we all can use as a role model.

www.cbsnews.com...

aww. but his back hurt!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Our ancestors... and our great-grandparents.. did not need fancy drugs and medications to survive. They endured, they knew life could, and would, be hard, and they used the wonders of the natural world to help them cope. However, it is impossible to regulate (read: TAX) naturally occuring roots and flora for the most part. It wasn't until the early 1900's that the elite saw the enormous tax revenue that could be generated from medicine...

And here we are today, a world of people being peddled 'snake venom tonic' that is only making us more dependent on their poisons, and most people willingly submit to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

This is the stated reason. The issue is it is a dangerous drug, and what happens when they get better? Here is a site with a lot of bad news...

OxyKills

CJ

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I am sorry to hear that. It looks like it is getting worse too...

Fla. Oxy overdose deaths up 27.9% in 2010

Medical examiners who performed more than 9,000 drug-related autopsies found that in 2010, 5,647 people died with one or more prescription drugs in their system. Of those cases, prescription drugs were the cause of death for 2,710 individuals, marking an 8.9 percent increase over 2009. Oxycodone was responsible for the most deaths (1,516), compared to 981 deaths caused by benzodiazepines (981 of which were caused by Xanax), 694 due to methadone, 572 due to alcohol and 561 due to coc aine

Deaths on the Rise

CJ

link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You, sir, are missing another factor. Who says the administered drug has to be over the counter? Who says it has to be prescription? Maybe at that point, if your faith in the pharmaceutical industry fails, you should rely on natural remedies.

Just don't advise it to anyone else. Feds frown on that sort of helpfulness.

Personally, i do. What natural pain remedy would you recommend for a kid with, say, a broken leg?

link   
Any parent that would knowingly give oxi to a 6 year old...is not fit to be a parent. But, I can see a lot of addicted parents using their kids as a way to get their fix....deplorable...

Des

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

One of the scariest things (not that it should affect kids) is the effect of OC mixed with booze. Mixing the two causes an ungodly number of people to go to sleep, and never wake up.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Any parent that would knowingly give oxi to a 6 year old...is not fit to be a parent. But, I can see a lot of addicted parents using their kids as a way to get their fix....deplorable...

Des

And that is the other point I was about to bring up. What this will do, more than anything else, is give addicts another outlet to get OC.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

There are alternatives, but billions of $ make it hard to change the system.

A report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, published in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, says the researchers examined drug overdose deaths in Florida from 2003 to 2009, and during the seven-year study period, the death rate involving prescription drugs increased by 84.2 percent

The greatest increase was observed in the oxycodone death rate, which rose 264.6 percent, followed by alprazolam at 233.8 percent and methadone use by 79.2 percent, the report says.

Drugs Kill

CJ

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
Just so everyone knows, if the doctor prescribes oxycodone to you or your child, you are under no obligation to actually have it filled or take the pills. People act like these drug companies own them because they don't have enough sense to just say "no". I couldn't care less if anyone is addicted to anything, I have no business keeping them from their stuff. I just know I would ask the doctor for something not in the opiate category. Why is only worrying about yourself so difficult? Why is thinking for yourself so much more difficult?

One of the big issues here is that people blindly follow their doctors orders without questioning anything. I can say though this is one of those things where an undereducated parent may feel like they are doing the right thing because their doctor told them so...after all, we didn't go to medical school. It is another in a long line of questionable practices that doctors prescribe, all in the name of $.

CJ

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

One of the big issues here is that people blindly follow their doctors orders without questioning anything. I can say though this is one of those things where an undereducated parent may feel like they are doing the right thing because their doctor told them so...after all, we didn't go to medical school. It is another in a long line of questionable practices that doctors prescribe, all in the name of $.

CJ

That is precisely the problem. These drugs are legal, and prescribed by a doctor, so a lot of people think they are not dangerous. Also, many people have multiple doctors, so they get unintended drug interactions.

The most lethal combination is a narcotic (Oxy), with a muscle-relaxer, with an anti-depressant, and then if you add in a sleep-aid, or some alcohol, or both, then there is a very, very likely chance that you won't wake up. But a lot of people feel perfectly comfortable taking the Zanax from their general practitioner, and the Oxy an muscle-relaxer from the ER doc, and then they have a left over sleep-aid, and they are hurting, so they figure it will help them get to sleep, and all of a suddent they are dead. Their loved one is right there beside them, kids in the next room, they eat dinner together, take there prescribed meds, and then they are no more. Just gone. Just can't wake them up the next morning, because sometime during the night their breathing dropped a little too low, and their natural adrenaline response was numbed by the drugs, and they just forgot to breathe any more.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Burn the fields and spend money on endorphin release procedures which will even help out those experiencing broken parts ect.. Seems the endorphins are released from some type of charge detected within the human body so mimic ELECTRIC charge but with neutral effecting materials or technology that may sit near damaged area requesting charge. So you have a band or attachment that causes endorphin release to desired location... and not dopamine release which would relieve/HIDE pain and send dopamine's which also cause addiction?

Just keeping excuses to keep the OPIAT drug that cost more then gold around... What power system would not want that type of power,SMH. Especially when the world $$ system pays attention to gold its not hard to consider its power and influences abroad.

Its SAD OP that this $$$$ runs everything. The system is flawed.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
OXY is one ive never had...but in a lifetime of injuries i have had just about every other opoid....
Leretine, morphine,percocette. and a host of other hospital administered pain meds...
I have a permanently degenerating spine now....and am taking something new thats very expensive, but isnt classed as an opoid. drug.
It works not as well as the other stuff, but it leaves no stigma on a resume, or socially.....
So for a hundred twenty five bucks a month...i get half assed pain relief, but dont get accused even silently, of being a junkie.This stuff is called TRAMADOL.....and the med insurance wont pay for it.....dont ask....
The funny part about it is that the drug actually mimics heroin to such a degree you get adicted to it too.....

In fact itis the same molecular shape as heroin/morphene and fits into the receptors which you have in your brain for pain killing natural produced substances....(made by the body itself....)why opoids work in the first place....
The hypocracy of the whole situation is so thick and formidable that those in real pain have to go through all kind of demeaning scenes with doctors druggists and those ignoramuses that think they know all about drugs and pain and addiction, but have never even broken an arm for petes sake....
Try a broken back with three broken ribs one of which stuck through your right lung.....
just one injury....one time.....there have been others....sure i say give the kid anything he needs...just dont
turn him into a junkie.....
I havent gone that route, but i know others who have........its all in the mind......

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Tramadol is not new. It is just super-tylenol. You are right, it is a half-assed pain relief. If your insurance won't cover it, then stop spending all that money and just take triple doses of generic OTC acetaminophen.

It is basically the same thing as Utram and Ultracet.

It isn't simply acetaminophen, but it isn't much stronger either.

I'm not advocating you go to something stronger! I applaud you for keeping your drug usage at a minimum. If the tramadol is working, by all means keep taking it. I only offered my opinion because you mentioned the expense of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Having lost both of my in-laws to suicide caused by OC you can understand my disdain for this and other opiods that are being prescribed. If a little makes me feel good then a lot will make me feel incredible. Then after they run out of either their prescription or the money to by OC they turn to the cheaper street alternative. Thats the reason for the increased heroine problems. But yeah, it's safe for six year olds. Have fun detoxing an elementary school kid, that will work out great. F big pharma.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Right on that. So you are fully aware of what is really going on here then. its a god damn racket.
And the point here is they are going to be using kids to be able to make it even more accessible. Not cool, but that is Big Pharma for you.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by libra75

We're already facing the task of detoxing kids.

Number of babies born addicted to prescription drugs has TRIPLED over the last decade.

About 3.4 of every 1,000 infants born in a hospital in 2009 suffered from a type of drug withdrawal commonly seen in the babies of pregnant women who abuse narcotic pain medications, the study says. It's published today in The Journal of the American Medical Association.

That's about 13,539 infants a year, or one drug-addicted baby born every hour, says the study's lead author, Stephen Patrick, a fellow in neonatal-perinatal medicine at the University of Michigan.

This is truly an epic problem. And it is still getting worse instead of better!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Our ancestors... and our great-grandparents.. did not need fancy drugs and medications to survive. They endured, they knew life could, and would, be hard, and they used the wonders of the natural world to help them cope. However, it is impossible to regulate (read: TAX) naturally occuring roots and flora for the most part. It wasn't until the early 1900's that the elite saw the enormous tax revenue that could be generated from medicine...

And here we are today, a world of people being peddled 'snake venom tonic' that is only making us more dependent on their poisons, and most people willingly submit to it.

You my friend, HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!

I went to my dentist to get a tooth pulled. Of course I suffered with the pain and had many sleepless nights because I don't have dental insurance, but needless to say, the pain was so bad I considered a bullet! I asked my dentist, "What the hell did they do back in the day before dentistry?" He chuckled, and said, "They used whiskey, and if that didn't work, they used ether to put people out so they could pull the tooth."!

I am not saying it is a bad thing that we have come a long way in medicine, but I do have to be wary of the fact that BIG PHARM could care less about our health and well being! They along with our government, only care about two things, money and power!

Look at the advances in tech that we have attained, but when was the last time you have EVER heard of Big Pharm coming up with a cure???? They would go bankrupt if they did such a stupid thing!!

It's all about the money!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is disgusting to the core....
We have failed as Americans and future role models of our children if we continue to let drug pushing BIG PHARM start feeding our 6 year olds pain killers that adults can't even use properly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join