It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flanagan Neurophone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I purchased a Flanagan Neurophone (GRS model) from their web site about 6 months ago - www.neurophone.com/grs.htm - and I was wondering if anyone else here has any experience with this device (or similar). If so, do you find that it performs as advertised (relaxation, meditation, accelerated learning, etc)? Have you found any other possible applications for it?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think you've wasted your money, but that's justmy opinion.

What is your experience so far with it?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
the concept is based on verifiable hard science and flanagan himself has admitted on the net that the circuitry in most of the units produced are "incomplete", most people cannot afford sensitive enough electrodes (costing thousands of $$$), or they require a long period of "practice" until they will actually notice the effects of the direct skin-to-brain transduction of the acoustic wave-form.

The electronics involved are quite simple, however I have never gotten around to building one. Too many projects...also, the analog version would indeed require very, very exepensive electrodes to make contact with the skin....although it would probably not be too difficult to engineer a digital version of the device which could function with a very high signal to noise ratio with very cheap electrodes....according to Flanagan he did develop the digital model and had the patent yanked under National Security...

intriguing stuff....

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I think you've wasted your money, but that's justmy opinion.

What is your experience so far with it?

Do you say it's a waste of money because it doesn't work, or because they charge too much for it? Flanagan's neurophone was something I had been reading about for a long time and I was very curious about, so for me personally it was a good investment (If I HADN'T bought it, I'd still be sitting here wondering if I should).

My observations so far: The device does indeed create a sound which is perceivable in the head, but so far I have only been able to hear it when the transducers are placed on the forehead, face, or neck - not with other parts like arms and legs as some people have said.

The device has a mode called "sleep entrainment" (it pulses at increasing intervals and puts you to sleep in about 10 minutes) which I can say definitely works, even at very low volume when the sound is barely perceivable.

One thing I'm still slightly skeptical about is whether it is actually doing anything amazing to produce that sound. The effect is similar to what you can hear if you stick your fingers in your ears and rustle your hair around.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey Groo,

2 years later and i'm wondering how did that machine work for you? how many times a day did you use it? any benefits? you still using it? just curious to know.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i purchased a neurophone several years ago but did not get the results that were advertised. still have it but have pretty much given up on it. Flanagan is a genius but i think he may have "sold out" in working for the government. the product "crystal energy" that he helped to produce and market with his wife (now deceased) does seem to give me more energy and less sick days. the story of patrick flanagan, his inventions, his work and eventual lawsuit with nick begich, the conspiracy theory regarding his wife's possible ketamine overdose, etc. are all fascinating and worthy of their own thread on this site. the short answer to the question of whether the neurophone works as advertised is: not in my experience.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamballa
2 years later and i'm wondering how did that machine work for you?

Sorry I'm about 6 months late replying to this, but anyway...

I still have the device and still experiment with it occasionally, but I have to say I've not had any amazing results with it. Like I said before, the sleep entrainment function does work, but so do similar sounds when you listen to them with regular earphones.

I've listened to various radio interviews with Flanagan in which he describes all sorts of incredible effects from listening to this thing such as enhanced memory, protection from EMF interference, producing deep delta brainwaves within about 10 or 15 minutes, etc - but I really can't say I've observed any effects at all.

I'm glad I tried it for myself though. If the government plans to use similar technology to control us all like he says, then I don't think we have much to worry about just yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Groo the Wanderer

test

top topics

join