It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To bath in the Ocean of Bliss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Welcome to my personal two favorite chapters of Śrīmad Bhāgavatam

I saw an increase in interest on vedic teachings lately so this are the two jewels
In form of chapters I d like to share with you.
By reading this two chapters you will get blessed by Sri Krishna himself so give it a try.
It worked for me Years ago I was in a precarious life condition and the Bhagavad Gita
and Srimad Bhagavatham gave me the strength to continue. This Metaphysical knowledge makes you bath in the so called ocean of bliss and should dispel any haunting daemon etc. You can see this as the Fuel of Transcendental meditation.

SB 11.28.1: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: One should neither praise nor criticize the conditioned nature and activities of other persons. Rather, one should see this world as simply the combination of material nature and the enjoying souls, all based on the one Absolute Truth.

SB 11.28.2: Whoever indulges in praising or criticizing the qualities and behavior of others will quickly become deviated from his own best interest by his entanglement in illusory dualities.

SB 11.28.3: Just as the embodied spirit soul loses external consciousness when his senses are overcome by the illusion of dreaming or the deathlike state of deep sleep, so a person experiencing material duality must encounter illusion and death.

SB 11.28.4: That which is expressed by material words or meditated upon by the material mind is not ultimate truth. What, therefore, is actually good or bad within this insubstantial world of duality, and how can the extent of such good and bad be measured?

SB 11.28.5: Although shadows, echoes and mirages are only illusory reflections of real things, such reflections do cause a semblance of meaningful or comprehensible perception. In the same way, although the identification of the conditioned soul with the material body, mind and ego is illusory, this identification generates fear within him even up to the moment of death.

SB 11.28.6-7: The Supersoul alone is the ultimate controller and creator of this world, and thus He alone is also the created. Similarly, the Soul of all existence Himself both maintains and is maintained, withdraws and is withdrawn. No other entity can be properly ascertained as separate from Him, the Supreme Soul, who nonetheless is distinct from everything and everyone else. The appearance of the threefold material nature, which is perceived within Him, has no actual basis. Rather, you should understand that this material nature, composed of the three modes, is simply the product of His illusory potency.

SB 11.28.8: One who has properly understood the process of becoming firmly fixed in theoretical and realized knowledge, as described herein by Me, does not indulge in material criticism or praise. Like the sun, he wanders freely throughout this world.

SB 11.28.9: By direct perception, logical deduction, scriptural testimony and personal realization, one should know that this world has a beginning and an end and so is not the ultimate reality. Thus one should live in this world without attachment.

SB 11.28.10: Śrī Uddhava said: My dear Lord, it is not possible for this material existence to be the experience of either the soul, who is the seer, or of the body, which is the seen object. On the one hand, the spirit soul is innately endowed with perfect knowledge, and on the other hand, the material body is not a conscious, living entity. To whom, then, does this experience of material existence pertain?

SB 11.28.11: The spirit soul is inexhaustible, transcendental, pure, self-luminous and never covered by anything material. It is like fire. But the nonliving material body, like firewood, is dull and unaware. So in this world, who is it that actually undergoes the experience of material life?

SB 11.28.12: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: As long as the foolish spirit soul remains attracted to the material body, senses and vital force, his material existence continues to flourish, although it is ultimately meaningless.

SB 11.28.13: Actually, the living entity is transcendental to material existence. But because of his mentality of lording it over material nature, his material existential condition does not cease, and, just as in a dream, he is affected by all sorts of disadvantages.

SB 11.28.14: Although while dreaming a person experiences many undesirable things, upon awakening he is no longer confused by the dream experiences.

SB 11.28.15: Lamentation, elation, fear, anger, greed, confusion and hankering, as well as birth and death, are experiences of the false ego and not of the pure soul.

SB 11.28.16: The living entity who falsely identifies with his body, senses, life air and mind, and who dwells within these coverings, assumes the form of his own materially conditioned qualities and work. He is designated variously in relation to the total material energy, and thus, under the strict control of supreme time, he is forced to run here and there within material existence.

SB 11.28.17: Although the false ego has no factual basis, it is perceived in many forms — as the functions of the mind, speech, life air and bodily faculties. But with the sword of transcendental knowledge, sharpened by worship of a bona fide spiritual master, a sober sage will cut off this false identification and live in this world free from all material attachment.

SB 11.28.18: Real spiritual knowledge is based on the discrimination of spirit from matter, and it is cultivated by scriptural evidence, austerity, direct perception, reception of the Purāṇas' historical narrations, and logical inference. The Absolute Truth, which alone was present before the creation of the universe and which alone will remain after its destruction, is also the time factor and the ultimate cause. Even in the middle stage of this creation's existence, the Absolute Truth alone is the actual reality.

SB 11.28.19: Gold alone is present before its manufacture into gold products, the gold alone remains after the products' destruction, and the gold alone is the essential reality while it is being utilized under various designations. Similarly, I alone exist before the creation of this universe, after its destruction and during its maintenance.

SB 11.28.20: The material mind manifests in three phases of consciousness — wakefulness, sleep and deep sleep — which are products of the three modes of nature. The mind further appears in three different roles — the perceiver, the perceived and the regulator of perception. Thus the mind is manifested variously throughout these threefold designations. But it is the fourth factor, existing separately from all this, that alone constitutes the Absolute Truth.

SB 11.28.21: That which did not exist in the past and will not exist in the future also has no existence of its own for the period of its duration, but is only a superficial designation. In My opinion, whatever is created and revealed by something else is ultimately only that other thing.

SB 11.28.22: Although thus not existing in reality, this manifestation of transformations created from the mode of passion appears real because the self-manifested, self-luminous Absolute Truth exhibits Himself in the form of the material variety of the senses, the sense objects, the mind and the elements of physical nature.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

SB 11.28.23: Thus clearly understanding by discriminating logic the unique position of the Absolute Truth, one should expertly refute one's misidentification with matter and cut to pieces all doubts about the identity of the self. Becoming satisfied in the soul's natural ecstasy, one should desist from all lusty engagements of the material senses.

SB 11.28.24: The material body made of earth is not the true self; nor are the senses, their presiding demigods or the air of life; nor is the external air, water or fire or one's mind. All these are simply matter. Similarly, neither one's intelligence, material consciousness nor ego, nor the elements of ether or earth, nor the objects of sense perception, nor even the primeval state of material equilibrium can be considered the actual identity of the soul.

SB 11.28.25: For one who has properly realized My personal identity as the Supreme Godhead, what credit is there if his senses — mere products of the material modes — are perfectly concentrated in meditation? And on the other hand, what blame is incurred if his senses happen to become agitated? Indeed, what does it mean to the sun if the clouds come and go?

SB 11.28.26: The sky may display the various qualities of the air, fire, water and earth that pass through it, as well as such qualities as heat and cold, which continually come and go with the seasons. Yet the sky is never entangled with any of these qualities. Similarly, the Supreme Absolute Truth is never entangled with the contaminations of goodness, passion and ignorance, which cause the material transformations of the false ego.

SB 11.28.27: Nevertheless, until by firmly practicing devotional service to Me one has completely eliminated from his mind all contamination of material passion, one must very carefully avoid associating with the material modes, which are produced by My illusory energy.

SB 11.28.28: Just as an improperly treated disease recurs and gives repeated distress to the patient, the mind that is not completely purified of its perverted tendencies will remain attached to material things and repeatedly torment the imperfect yogī.

SB 11.28.29: Sometimes the progress of imperfect transcendentalists is checked by attachment to family members, disciples or others, who are sent by envious demigods for that purpose. But on the strength of their accumulated advancement, such imperfect transcendentalists will resume their practice of yoga in the next life. They will never again be trapped in the network of fruitive work.

SB 11.28.30: An ordinary living entity performs material work and is transformed by the reaction to such work. Thus he is driven by various desires to continue working fruitively up to the very moment of his death. A wise person, however, having experienced his own constitutional bliss, gives up all material desires and does not engage in fruitive work.

SB 11.28.31: The wise man, whose consciousness is fixed in the self, does not even notice his own bodily activities. While standing, sitting, walking, lying down, urinating, eating or performing other bodily functions, he understands that the body is acting according to its own nature.

SB 11.28.32: Although a self-realized soul may sometimes see an impure object or activity, he does not accept it as real. By logically understanding impure sense objects to be based on illusory material duality, the intelligent person sees them to be contrary to and distinct from reality, in the same way that a man awakening from sleep views his fading dream.

SB 11.28.33: Material nescience, which expands into many varieties by the activities of the modes of nature, is wrongly accepted by the conditioned soul to be identical with the self. But through the cultivation of spiritual knowledge, My dear Uddhava, this same nescience fades away at the time of liberation. The eternal self, on the other hand, is never assumed and never abandoned.

SB 11.28.34: When the sun rises it destroys the darkness covering men's eyes, but it does not create the objects they then see before them, which in fact were existing all along. Similarly, potent and factual realization of Me will destroy the darkness covering a person's true consciousness.

SB 11.28.35: The Supreme Lord is self-luminous, unborn and immeasurable. He is pure transcendental consciousness and perceives everything. One without a second, He is realized only after ordinary words cease. By Him the power of speech and the life airs are set into motion.

SB 11.28.36: Whatever apparent duality is perceived in the self is simply the confusion of the mind. Indeed, such supposed duality has no basis to rest upon apart from one's own soul.

SB 11.28.37: The duality of the five material elements is perceived only in terms of names and forms. Those who say this duality is real are pseudoscholars vainly proposing fanciful theories without basis in fact.

SB 11.28.38: The physical body of the endeavoring yogī who is not yet mature in his practice may sometimes be overcome by various disturbances. Therefore the following process is recommended.

SB 11.28.39: Some of these obstructions may be counteracted by yogic meditation or by sitting postures, practiced together with concentration on controlled breathing, and others may be counteracted by special austerities, mantras or medicinal herbs.

SB 11.28.40: These inauspicious disturbances can be gradually removed by constant remembrance of Me, by congregational hearing and chanting of My holy names, or by following in the footsteps of the great masters of yoga.

SB 11.28.41: By various methods, some yogīs free the body from disease and old age and keep it perpetually youthful. Thus they engage in yoga for the purpose of achieving material mystic perfections.

SB 11.28.42: This mystic bodily perfection is not valued very highly by those expert in transcendental knowledge. Indeed, they consider endeavor for such perfection useless, since the soul, like a tree, is permanent, but the body, like a tree's fruit, is subject to destruction.

SB 11.28.43: Although the physical body may be improved by various processes of yoga, an intelligent person who has dedicated his life to Me does not place his faith in the prospect of perfecting his physical body through yoga, and in fact he gives up such procedures.

SB 11.28.44: The yogī who has taken shelter of Me remains free from hankering because he experiences the happiness of the soul within. Thus while executing this process of yoga, he is never defeated by obstacles.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

SB 11.29.1: Śrī Uddhava said: My dear Lord Acyuta, I fear that the method of yoga described by You is very difficult for one who cannot control his mind. Therefore please explain to me in simple terms how someone can more easily execute it.

SB 11.29.2: O lotus-eyed Lord, generally those yogīs who try to steady the mind experience frustration because of their inability to perfect the state of trance. Thus they weary in their attempt to bring the mind under control.

SB 11.29.3: Therefore, O lotus-eyed Lord of the universe, swanlike men happily take shelter of Your lotus feet, the source of all transcendental ecstasy. But those who take pride in their accomplishments in yoga and karma fail to take shelter of You and are defeated by Your illusory energy.

SB 11.29.4: My dear infallible Lord, it is not very astonishing that You intimately approach Your servants who have taken exclusive shelter of You. After all, during Your appearance as Lord Rāmacandra, even while great demigods like Brahmā were vying to place the effulgent tips of their helmets upon the cushion where Your lotus feet rested, You displayed special affection for monkeys such as Hanumān because they had taken exclusive shelter of You.

SB 11.29.5: Who, then, could dare reject You, the very Soul, the most dear object of worship, and the Supreme Lord of all — You who give all possible perfections to the devotees who take shelter of You? Who could be so ungrateful, knowing the benefits You bestow? Who would reject You and accept something for the sake of material enjoyment, which simply leads to forgetfulness of You? And what lack is there for us who are engaged in the service of the dust of Your lotus feet?

SB 11.29.6: O my Lord! Transcendental poets and experts in spiritual science could not fully express their indebtedness to You, even if they were endowed with the prolonged lifetime of Brahmā, for You appear in two features — externally as the ācārya and internally as the Supersoul — to deliver the embodied living being by directing him how to come to You.

SB 11.29.7: Śukadeva Gosvāmī said: Thus questioned by the most affectionate Uddhava, Lord Kṛṣṇa, the supreme controller of all controllers, who takes the entire universe as His plaything and assumes the three forms of Brahmā, Viṣṇu and Śiva, began to reply, lovingly displaying His all-attractive smile.

SB 11.29.8: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Yes, I shall describe to you the principles of devotion to Me, by executing which a mortal human being will conquer unconquerable death.

SB 11.29.9: Always remembering Me, one should perform all his duties for Me without becoming impetuous. With mind and intelligence offered to Me, one should fix his mind in attraction to My devotional service.

SB 11.29.10: One should take shelter of holy places where My saintly devotees reside, and one should be guided by the exemplary activities of My devotees, who appear among the demigods, demons and human beings.

SB 11.29.11: Either alone or in public gatherings, with singing, dancing and other exhibitions of royal opulence, one should arrange to celebrate those holy days, ceremonies and festivals set aside specially for My worship.

SB 11.29.12: With a pure heart one should see Me, the Supreme Soul within all beings and also within oneself, to be both unblemished by anything material and also present everywhere, both externally and internally, just like the omnipresent sky.

SB 11.29.13-14: O brilliant Uddhava, one who thus views all living entities with the idea that I am present within each of them, and who by taking shelter of this divine knowledge offers due respect to everyone, is considered actually wise. Such a man sees equally the brāhmaṇa and the outcaste, the thief and the charitable promoter of brahminical culture, the sun and the tiny sparks of fire, the gentle and the cruel.

SB 11.29.15: For him who constantly meditates upon My presence within all persons, the bad tendencies of rivalry, envy and abusiveness, along with false ego, are very quickly destroyed.

SB 11.29.16: Disregarding the ridicule of one's companions, one should give up the bodily conception and its accompanying embarrassment. One should offer obeisances before all — even the dogs, outcastes, cows and asses — falling flat upon the ground like a rod.

SB 11.29.17: Until one has fully developed the ability to see Me within all living beings, one must continue to worship Me by this process with the activities of his speech, mind and body.

SB 11.29.18: By such transcendental knowledge of the all-pervading Personality of Godhead, one is able to see the Absolute Truth everywhere. Freed thus from all doubts, one gives up fruitive activities.

SB 11.29.19: Indeed, I consider this process — using one's mind, words and bodily functions for realizing Me within all living beings — to be the best possible method of spiritual enlightenment.

SB 11.29.20: My dear Uddhava, because I have personally established it, this process of devotional service unto Me is transcendental and free from any material motivation. Certainly a devotee never suffers even the slightest loss by adopting this process.

SB 11.29.21: O Uddhava, greatest of saints, in a dangerous situation an ordinary person cries, becomes fearful and laments, although such useless emotions do not change the situation. But activities offered to Me without personal motivation, even if they are externally useless, amount to the actual process of religion.

SB 11.29.22: This process is the supreme intelligence of the intelligent and the cleverness of the most clever, for by following it one can in this very life make use of the temporary and unreal to achieve Me, the eternal reality.

SB 11.29.23: Thus have I related to you — both in brief and in detail — a complete survey of the science of the Absolute Truth. Even for the demigods, this science is very difficult to comprehend.

SB 11.29.24: I have repeatedly spoken this knowledge to you with clear reasoning. Anyone who properly understands it will become free from all doubts and attain liberation.

SB 11.29.25: Anyone who fixes his attention on these clear answers to your questions will attain to the eternal, confidential goal of the Vedas — the Supreme Absolute Truth.

SB 11.29.26: One who liberally disseminates this knowledge among My devotees is the bestower of the Absolute Truth, and to him I give My very own self.

SB 11.29.27: He who loudly recites this supreme knowledge, which is the most lucid and purifying, becomes purified day by day, for he reveals Me to others with the lamp of transcendental knowledge.

SB 11.29.28: Anyone who regularly listens to this knowledge with faith and attention, all the while engaging in My pure devotional service, will never become bound by the reactions of material work.

SB 11.29.29: My dear friend Uddhava, have you now completely understood this transcendental knowledge? Are the confusion and lamentation that arose in your mind now dispelled?

SB 11.29.30: You should not share this instruction with anyone who is hypocritical, atheistic or dishonest, or with anyone who will not listen faithfully, who is not a devotee, or who is simply not humble.

SB 11.29.31: This knowledge should be taught to one who is free from these bad qualities, who is dedicated to the welfare of the brāhmaṇas, and who is kindly disposed, saintly and pure. And if common workers and women are found to have devotion for the Supreme Lord, they are also to be accepted as qualified hearers.

SB 11.29.32: When an inquisitive person comes to understand this knowledge, he has nothing further to know. After all, one who has drunk the most palatable nectar cannot remain thirsty.

SB 11.29.33: Through analytic knowledge, ritualistic work, mystic yoga, mundane business and political rule, people seek to advance in religiosity, economic development, sense gratification and liberation. But because you are My devotee, whatever men can accomplish in these multifarious ways you will very easily find within Me.

SB 11.29.34: A person who gives up all fruitive activities and offers himself entirely unto Me, eagerly desiring to render service unto Me, achieves liberation from birth and death and is promoted to the status of sharing My own opulences.

SB 11.29.35: Śukadeva Gosvāmī said: Hearing these words spoken by Lord Kṛṣṇa, and having thus been shown the entire path of yoga, Uddhava folded his hands to offer obeisances. But his throat choked up with love and his eyes overflowed with tears; so he could say nothing.

SB 11.29.36: Steadying his mind, which had become overwhelmed with love, Uddhava felt extremely grateful to Lord Kṛṣṇa, the greatest hero of the Yadu dynasty. My dear King Parīkṣit, Uddhava bowed down to touch the Lord's lotus feet with his head and then spoke with folded hands.

SB 11.29.37: Śrī Uddhava said: O unborn, primeval Lord, although I had fallen into the great darkness of illusion, my ignorance has now been dispelled by Your merciful association. Indeed, how can cold, darkness and fear exert their power over one who has approached the brilliant sun?

SB 11.29.38: In return for my insignificant surrender, You have mercifully bestowed upon me, Your servant, the torchlight of transcendental knowledge. Therefore, what devotee of Yours who has any gratitude could ever give up Your lotus feet and take shelter of another master?

SB 11.29.39: The firmly binding rope of my affection for the families of the Dāśārhas, Vṛṣṇis, Andhakas and Sātvatas — a rope You originally cast over me by Your illusory energy for the purpose of developing Your creation — is now cut off by the weapon of transcendental knowledge of the self.

SB 11.29.40: Obeisances unto You, O greatest of yogīs. Please instruct me, who am surrendered unto You, how I may have undeviating attachment to Your lotus feet.

SB 11.29.41-44: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Uddhava, take My order and go to My āśrama called Badarikā. Purify yourself by both touching and also bathing in the holy waters there, which have emanated from My lotus feet. Rid yourself of all sinful reactions with the sight of the sacred Alakanandā River. Dress yourself in bark and eat whatever is naturally available in the forest. Thus you should remain content and free from desire, tolerant of all dualities, good-natured, self-controlled, peaceful and endowed with transcendental knowledge and realization. With fixed attention, meditate constantly upon these instructions I have imparted to you and assimilate their essence. Fix your words and thoughts upon Me, and always endeavor to increase your realization of My transcendental qualities. In this way you will cross beyond the destinations of the three modes of nature and finally come back to Me.

SB 11.29.45: Śukadeva Gosvāmī said: Thus addressed by Lord Kṛṣṇa, whose intelligence destroys all the suffering of material life, Śrī Uddhava circumambulated the Lord and then fell down, placing his head upon the Lord's feet. Although Uddhava was free from the influence of all material dualities, his heart was breaking, and at this time of departure he drenched the Lord's lotus feet with his tears.

SB 11.29.46: Greatly fearing separation from Him for whom he felt such indestructible affection, Uddhava was distraught, and he could not give up the Lord's company. Finally, feeling great pain, he bowed down to the Lord again and again, placed the slippers of his master upon his head, and departed.

SB 11.29.47: Thereupon, placing the Lord deeply within his heart, the great devotee Uddhava went to Badarikāśrama. By engaging there in austerities, he attained to the Lord's personal abode, which had been described to him by the only friend of the universe, Lord Kṛṣṇa Himself.

SB 11.29.48: Thus Lord Kṛṣṇa, whose lotus feet are served by all great yoga masters, spoke to His devotee this nectarean knowledge, which comprises the entire ocean of spiritual bliss. Anyone within this universe who receives this narration with great faith is assured of liberation.

SB 11.29.49: I offer my obeisances to that Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original and greatest of all beings, Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa. He is the author of the Vedas, and just to destroy His devotees' fear of material existence, like a bee He has collected this nectarean essence of all knowledge and self-realization. Thus He has awarded to His many devotees this nectar from the ocean of bliss, and by His mercy they have drunk it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've read the Bhagavad Gita several times but not the Śrīmad Bhāgavatam. So thanks for posting this. They remind me of A Course in Miracles.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sometimes I try to remember that in all lifeforms is the Paramatma
especially when you get angry at some one. Not that simple.
But as told this is the best way to understand the self. I like to hear your feedback.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Thanks for reply if interested here you go : vedabase.net...
And what is this A Course in Miracles?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karmayogi11

Thanks for reply if interested here you go : vedabase.net...
And what is this A Course in Miracles?

Here is a short overview

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
meditation is great to calm the body, however, dabbling in mysticism isn't doing your soul any good. If you are open to spirits then spirits will be welcomed. Only through Faith in God and Jesus can one expect to transcend mortality.

All these channeled new-age spiritualists are seeing results, but be wary of the deception of selling yourself short.

I know the life energy is trying to be mainstreamed but in a superficial way and only by truly worshiping that which is beyond yourself can you truly connect to it. Not that you can't exert your will alone, but it is a superficial endeavor when there is more to it than just this life experience alone. If you invite trouble it will find you but won't reveal itself until it is too late.

Seven letters to seven churches and the churches are Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.

Only one had Christ the savior sacrificed for our benefit. The others are in denial. or in mimicry

/.02

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thanks for your video I wonder what kind of Christian school it belongs to?
In this case detachment would be forgiveness I think.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

You can always expect a Christian fundamentalist to display a narrow, dogmatic understanding of mysticism. Despite the fact that Christianity was founded by a mystic.

If Christian fundamentalists would spend a few years studying comparative religion, comparative mysticism, and comparative mythology the world would be a much more enlightened and peaceful place.

But things are as they must be.

edit on 2-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If you ask a Christian fundamentalist, it belongs to the "new age" school. If you ask me, it belongs to Christian mysticism, which is a more authentic Christianity than the narrow and dogmatic and mainstream sort most people are aquainted with.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

All these channeled new-age spiritualists are seeing results, but be wary of the deception of selling yourself short.

This vedic literature has nothing to do with channeled new-age spiritualists this is one of the oldest religious scriptures in the world.

5000 years ago is this how they saw the future:

SB 12.2.2: In Kali-yuga, wealth alone will be considered the sign of a man's good birth, proper behavior and fine qualities. And law and justice will be applied only on the basis of one's power.

SB 12.2.3: Men and women will live together merely because of superficial attraction, and success in business will depend on deceit. Womanliness and manliness will be judged according to one's expertise in sex, and a man will be known as a brāhmaṇa just by his wearing a thread.

SB 12.2.4: A person's spiritual position will be ascertained merely according to external symbols, and on that same basis people will change from one spiritual order to the next. A person's propriety will be seriously questioned if he does not earn a good living. And one who is very clever at juggling words will be considered a learned scholar.

SB 12.2.5: A person will be judged unholy if he does not have money, and hypocrisy will be accepted as virtue. Marriage will be arranged simply by verbal agreement, and a person will think he is fit to appear in public if he has merely taken a bath.

SB 12.2.6: A sacred place will be taken to consist of no more than a reservoir of water located at a distance, and beauty will be thought to depend on one's hairstyle. Filling the belly will become the goal of life, and one who is audacious will be accepted as truthful. He who can maintain a family will be regarded as an expert man, and the principles of religion will be observed only for the sake of reputation.

SB 12.2.7: As the earth thus becomes crowded with a corrupt population, whoever among any of the social classes shows himself to be the strongest will gain political power.

SB 12.2.8: Losing their wives and properties to such avaricious and merciless rulers, who will behave no better than ordinary thieves, the citizens will flee to the mountains and forests.

SB 12.2.9: Harassed by famine and excessive taxes, people will resort to eating leaves, roots, flesh, wild honey, fruits, flowers and seeds. Struck by drought, they will become completely ruined.

Not far from reality I think.

Only one had Christ the savior sacrificed for our benefit. The others are in denial. or in mimicry

Where you see religions I just see different roads to climb the same mountain.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

/2009 @ 17:31 this post

If you ask a Christian fundamentalist, it belongs to the "new age" school. If you ask me, it belongs to Christian mysticism, which is a more authentic Christianity than the narrow and dogmatic and mainstream sort most people are aquainted with.

signature:

Original Christian traditions believed in incarnation so I have heard somewhere.
But the Roman empire was power hungry like always and
they had to cut such kind of believe. A man who does not fear death
by remembering that he will attain a new body after being killed
is just maybe harder to control.

Where Christian mystics put the holy Spirit the vedas but the Brahman,
Where is Christ there are the Avatars of Vishnu
Where is Jawhe there is Narayan.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I mentioned new-age because book of miracles was mentioned.

Yes, you can climb that mountain no problem, but you will never get off of it. Only Christ died for us, all other religions fall short of Grace and the seven letters to the seven churches spell out exactly how they are all viewed in Heaven. The link in my siggy is a thread by me with understanding of what Revelation actually is saying. The pieces fit so well it can't be anything but Occams razor..

Stereotyping me for my views does me a disservice when I have stated that even the Christian churches had gone astray in that all churches have a cross at their center. Graven images.

Sorry, but all I know is what I feel and I would be remiss in advising otherwise when I can comprehend that time is coming to its conclusion and prophecy is playing out as foretold.

Destiny looms on the near horizon and I would hope your Faith isn't misplaced into any but God our creator. Call me a fundy if you want, it wouldn't be the first time I had been labeled and misunderstood as to motivation.

Where your heart goes, there too goes your soul

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Reincarnation is another fallacy. How can the dead in Christ be raised if they have incarnated into another body?

What is happening is that people are tuning into the spirit realm and misinterpreting the conveyance of another being as their own. There is a universal stream of consciousness that we can tap into but it isn't us. Even if you have been born again, what comes to you via intuition isn't from you but beyond your existence.

We are not gods, we are an extension of God and the miracle of life is the Blessing of the soul manifesting in the flesh. The soul can move on if you are in the book of life. The soul ends when you dance with the devil.

Maybe too cliche and coming across as more fundamentalism but I strongly urge you to do some soul searching.

I don't say this for me, nor to win any popularity contest, but I am conveying a message that to me is the very core of our being.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Reincarnation is another fallacy. How can the dead in Christ be raised if they have incarnated into another body?

Sri Krishna could remember all his past incarnations I can't do that but science kid
I had always that recurring nightmare of dying by giant tsunami.
If real memory or trauma of my soul or not, because of it, I will ever believe in incarnation of the Soul.
So any Christian that tells my we live just once has to spend hours brainwashing me without hope to succeed.

What is happening is that people are tuning into the spirit realm and misinterpreting the conveyance of another being as their own. There is a universal stream of consciousness that we can tap into but it isn't us. Even if you have been born again, what comes to you via intuition isn't from you but beyond your existence.

When you follow the path shown by Sri Krishna you can meditate in trance.
The point of this thread is to show this entrance to that realm of consciousness. Once there you should try to not get asleep as I often do he he he.

Stereotyping me for my views does me a disservice when I have stated that even the Christian churches had gone astray in that all churches have a cross at their center. Graven images.

You are aware that you said: only one had Christ the savior sacrificed for our benefit.
So with this Dogma aren't you stereotyping your self here?

Is it possible that you watch this video?

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thank you for your post.
I have a genuine interest in buddhism and hinduism, as I see them as the true spiritual treasures of humanity. Yet, after many years of searching, I found Advaita Vedanta to be the most direct way, or at least the most compatible with my way of thinking. I recently discovered Papaji, who was at first a Krishna bhakta, and I'm quite struck by his teaching.
If you are interested, here is his biography:
www.satsangbhavan.net...

I think we have only benefits from sharing and learning from each other' spiritual ways, except, of course, when someone thinks he's god only have monopoly over the truth

edit on 3-7-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

www.satsangbhavan.net...

Though I was unable to respond to their queries, I could hear the dis­cussion going on around me, and I was fully aware of all their attempts to bring me back to my usual state.They shook me, they gently slapped my face, they pinched my cheeks.

Very intriguing thanks for sharing. I will take a closer look at this page.

I think we have only benefits from sharing and learning from each other' spiritual ways, except, of course, when someone thinks he's god only have monopoly over the truth

I thank you and I agree that the truth is to find in many places at the same time.
To believe oneself to be almighty is delusional but It is different to believe
that God resides in al beings and that we are fractal parts of him.

top topics

join