It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's what it would take for Obama or Romney to Win:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Obama:
Has to talk to the nation in a mature positive way and come up with a plan. A leader doesn't talk AT people.
Ought to admit that he has overreached and that this whole mess is partially his fault; he would soar in the polls if this happened!
Has to stop being dictator-like. This is not Europe or Africa!

Romney's got it harder:
Romney needs to talk to the nation in a mature positive way and come up with a plan
He ought to admit that people like him have caused many of America's problems. He will try his best to work with government and corporations to come up with a long term stability plan.
Romney needs to get away from Obama and stop hoping that the economy will be the only issue people care about.
He needs to talk about other things but not too much! Independents get tired of social conservative crap.
Romney should either try to embrace the anti-establishment image as much as he can, or change the stigma of the rich in America. (The latter would probably be easier for Romney to do)

www.foxnews.com...

Very good article from Fox News highlighting the challenges each candidate has.
edit on 2-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Romney s job is not to win, its to not mess up enough that it becomes obvious that he didn't want the job in the first place.

See John Kerry for an example.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Romney needs to loosen up and come across as a "regular guy" if he is to have any hope. I don't have high hopes he can pull it off. He really has that Al Gore, elitist-trying-to-look-like-a-common-man thing going. It always comes off as weirdly stiff and disingenuous. That's my prediction of what will blow it for him.

Obama is a "cool cat", Romney, not so much.

edit on 2-7-2012 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Because after all, that’s what we need in a POTUS…..a “cool cat”.

I understand your point though; Romney is a bit…..stuffy! The Gore comparison is accurate.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
More obomney threads from the centrist...dude, Romney isnt THAT cute for you to be all about him like you are. How many Obomney threads have you posted now? like 30? ATS said to cut it out, they are sick of Obomney. I think its mainly because they suck.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Here is what it would take for Obama or Romney to win: Spend a lot of money to convince simpletons to vote for them so they can pretend to represent their interests. Lie, pander, and give hollow oratory attacking the opposition and their ideals while they promote their own destructive creed with the moronic masses waving their flags and cheering ignorantly for their own demise.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
More obomney threads from the centrist...dude, Romney isnt THAT cute for you to be all about him like you are. How many Obomney threads have you posted now? like 30? ATS said to cut it out, they are sick of Obomney. I think its mainly because they suck.

To be honest, this is the first actual "centrist" thread I've seen him make. He gets a star and flag for this one.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by tjack

Because after all, that’s what we need in a POTUS…..a “cool cat”.

I understand your point though; Romney is a bit…..stuffy! The Gore comparison is accurate.

Although I LOVE being quoted with the added rolly eye smiley, I wasn't saying that's what we need in a POTUS, I was saying the "cool guy" wins the election more often than not, at least as long as I've been paying enough attention to realize it.

top topics

join