It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did downed UFO cause Colorado Wildfires?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Hi Drew,
Thanks for your great post.
I completely agree that the place was probably thick with hikers...and to your point, several of the witnesses to the fireball/object were indeed hikers.
Example:

"Ron Davis, who lives part-time in Lake City, said by e-mail that he was hiking on Redcloud Peak in Hinsdale County when he saw what he thought was silvery "space junk" burning across the eastern sky, traveling from north to south with a white tail. "

Elsewhere in this thread, I posted another article reference to at least 3 other folks in the area, stating that they saw flaming pieces of the object actually impacting on the ground.

It seems some isolated early fires were already in the region, as pilots of a firefighting plane also saw the flaming debris falling through the sky over the area.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Double post, sorry.
edit on 5-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
reply to post by IAMTAT

Sigh. Honestly guys? REALLY? Do any of you people do even BASIC research to actually find out the truth? That article says the fire started on the 28th of June.

"Sightings Daily reports UFO activity over Waldo Canyon, Colorado 28 June 2012 which reportedly resulted in a subsequent crash and massive forest fire."

Mr. Raymond Samuels of the oh so legitimate source of news, the Examiner (LMFAO
) can't even get the friggin date right when the fire started!

www.inciweb.org...

"Date of Origin Saturday June 23rd, 2012 approx. 12:00 PM"

Drew,
I'm not vouching for the accuracy of all details in the press articles presented, nor for those quoted.
I have no idea who Mr. Samuels is, aside from the fact that he is a reporter.

As to the actual date, flaming objects were reported falling in the Colorado Springs area as early as June 19.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Much of the criticism towards my original post has centered around the understanding that the idea of a wildfire being caused or exacerbated by the flaming debris of an unidentified flying object crashing to earth just sounds ludicrous.

And I agree that, in any other case, the idea would definitely be far-fetched...

...EXCEPT for the presence of the following documented eyewitness testimony:

1.) Pilots in two states WITNESSING and going on the public record that flaming & smoking objects were observed crossing the sky and descending to earth in the area.

2.) Firefighting operations being suspended, with planes being grounded for an hour and a half, DUE to these unidentified objects being observed by regardedly credible sources).

3.) Local officials and hikers in the area, WITNESSING flaming metal and debris actually falling to earth in the exact area where the wildfires began and spread outward from.

4.) NATO spokesmen have stated that, while they assume it was a meteor, they also added that they really had "no information as to what it actually was"...THIS is an on-the record authoritative source (by any/every standard or criteria).

MY POINT here is that there is UNDENIABLE PROOF of the EXISTENCE of a well-witnessed, authoritatively acknowledged, UNIDENTIFIED and FLYING...flaming/smoking, metalic-looking, OBJECT,...which crossed several states on it's flaming descent to earth, before exploding, breaking-up, and crashing to the ground in the exact area where the wildfires began!

WHY IGNORE THIS RELIABLE WITNESS EVIDENCE AS A CAUSE?...IT EXISTS; IS UNDENIABLE; IS ON-THE-RECORD; PRINTED IN REPUTABLE MAINSTREAM PUBLICATIONS!

While everyone ASSUMES that these fires may have been started by lightning or a careless smoker...because they are more 'practical' explanations, the FACTS remain that those theories are still presumptive...and have NO actual concrete evidence or eyewitness testimony to back them up.

When it's all said and done, I think it would be very irresponsible and close-minded to ignore and dismiss so much existing and reliable witness observation and testimony...simply because it sounds fantastic...or might offend the sensibilities of some.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I never thought about it before but its possible the UAV's flying over America now could crash and start forest fires.

I bet lots of those UAV's have accidents and crash...and burn. With the plan to put many of them over American airspace....guess we can expect more forest fires.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

If a UFO crashed, someone would have seen it.

Drew,

Witnesses DID see flaming objects strike the ground in the area.

I would assume that you would consider the LA TIMES to be a reputable publication...and a qoute from the Chaffee County Sheriff to be an authoratative source.

Please see article below:

FROM THE LA TIMES:

"Chaffee County Sheriff W. Peter Palmer told the Los Angeles Times that his office received four reports of meteors striking the ground.

"People heard a boom; they saw things flying through the air, things like that," he said. "The local fire chief went looking for smoke to see if the impacts started another fire. That’s the last thing we need."

Read Full Article:
www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I never thought about it before but its possible the UAV's flying over America now could crash and start forest fires.

I bet lots of those UAV's have accidents and crash...and burn. With the plan to put many of them over American airspace....guess we can expect more forest fires.

Downed drones are another great fire-starting UFO possibility...although, I wouldn't expect anyone to ever fess-up to it...ESPECIALLY in this case.

ODD, though, that NORAD officials stated that it was DEFINITELY NOT "Man-made", when in the next breath, they said that they really have "NO INFORMATION" as to what it might have been!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

reply to post by IAMTAT

Sigh. Honestly guys? REALLY? Do any of you people do even BASIC research to actually find out the truth? That article says the fire started on the 28th of June.

"Sightings Daily reports UFO activity over Waldo Canyon, Colorado 28 June 2012 which reportedly resulted in a subsequent crash and massive forest fire."

Mr. Raymond Samuels of the oh so legitimate source of news, the Examiner (LMFAO
) can't even get the friggin date right when the fire started!

www.inciweb.org...

"Date of Origin Saturday June 23rd, 2012 approx. 12:00 PM"

Drew,
I'm not vouching for the accuracy of all details in the press articles presented, nor for those quoted.
I have no idea who Mr. Samuels is, aside from the fact that he is a reporter.

As to the actual date, flaming objects were reported falling in the Colorado Springs area as early as June 19.

They didn't start a fire. The objects in question fell around the Lake George area DURING a different fire called the Springer Fire. The grounding of aircraft was on that fire, not the Waldo Canyon fire.

We often have meteor strikes around here and I've personally witnessed at least 3 very close ones, although not during the day!

I dunno; meteors and space junk are not uncommon to fall from the sky, but to make the giant leap and claim a UFO started a completely different fire a week later is premature at best IMO.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If a UFO crashed, someone would have seen it.

Drew,

Witnesses DID see flaming objects strike the ground in the area.

I would assume that you would consider the LA TIMES to be a reputable publication...and a qoute from the Chaffee County Sheriff to be an authoratative source.

Please see article below:

FROM THE LA TIMES:

"Chaffee County Sheriff W. Peter Palmer told the Los Angeles Times that his office received four reports of meteors striking the ground.

"People heard a boom; they saw things flying through the air, things like that," he said. "The local fire chief went looking for smoke to see if the impacts started another fire. That’s the last thing we need."

Read Full Article:
www.latimes.com...

The article is discussing a different area at a different time than the Waldo canyon fire. Chaffee county is 2 counties to the west of where the Waldo Canyon fire occurred.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

We often have meteor strikes around here and I've personally witnessed at least 3 very close ones, although not during the day!

Wow....
What are the chances of that?
I'd do the lottery if I was you.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

No.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

If this is any help, today from 9news. While the Waldo Canyon fire origin has been pinpointed, the cause has either not yet been determined, or they just not saying what the cause was to protect their investigation,

www.9news.com...

I noticed in one of Drew's video links that purported to be the start of the Waldo fire, there seemed to be a blue smoke fire already on going, with the blue smoke drifting up from the right, nothing like what the camera was concentrating on, but there nevertheless. What the camera focused on was very white smoke, and perhaps some black smoke, (possibly fuel) as well.

edit on 5-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Great alternative force feels close.

GAFFC.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I believe a downed UFO caused the fire I think they were just observing like how they have been spotted observing different battles through out time.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASeer
reply to post by IAMTAT

I believe a downed UFO caused the fire I think they were just observing like how they have been spotted observing different battles through out time.

Interesting theory, ASeer.
I know that the Colorado Springs area had been reporting numerous ufo sightings for some time now (many since March).

Maybe the area is of interest to 'them' (whomever or whatever that refers to), because of NORAD/Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Are there any vids of the 'ufo' before it went down, or are all vids of subsequent sightings?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by IAMTAT

If this is any help, today from 9news. While the Waldo Canyon fire origin has been pinpointed, the cause has either not yet been determined, or they just not saying what the cause was to protect their investigation,

www.9news.com...

I noticed in one of Drew's video links that purported to be the start of the Waldo fire, there seemed to be a blue smoke fire already on going, with the blue smoke drifting up from the right, nothing like what the camera was concentrating on, but there nevertheless. What the camera focused on was very white smoke, and perhaps some black smoke, (possibly fuel) as well.

edit on 5-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

Thanks, Smurfy.
I wonder if that is the same area that various witnesses pointed out as the place flaming debris fell to earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Are there any vids of the 'ufo' before it went down, or are all vids of subsequent sightings?

Hi, BlueMule.
I've really been looking for those too. Something tells me that someone will come forward with evidence.
I know, from searching, that there has been heavy ufo sighting activity in the arera for quite a while.

I posted the infrared youtube on here earlier, along with the one recorded from the tv.
I don't know if there have been any others.

edit on 6-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Hello, can you kindly post links for what you have written during this post not only as a matter of reference for other readers but also so people are not left to question you or what you have written during this post. If what you have written is true we could potentially be looking at another Roswell. One question that needs to be answered is; were these objects caught on radar? If so, this can be the first point of reference for the investigation.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So I'm noticing these new threads on ATS regarding unidentified Flying Objects showing up on live network footage covering the aerial effort to control the Colorado wildfires in Waldo

Canyon.www.youtube.com...

Synopsis: Strange flying objects appear to be shadowing helicoptors as they are engaged in the firefighting effort.
The ATS debate continues in the usually predictable manner; hoax, reflections, drones, swamp gas...etc. vs. true example of extra-terrestrial craft.

Intrigued, I started doing searches for other reports of strange objects being seen around the wildfire containment effort.

I came across this article in the Denver Post from June 20, which records that 'something' strange and unidentified in the sky (the article speculates it was a meteor, but concludes that nobody really knew what it actually was), was interfering with the firefighting effort by forcing authorities to ground their planes for an hour and a half.

Here are a few quotes from the article:

"A Pueblo air-dispatch center began receiving reports of "balls of fire or something in the air" this afternoon, and officials grounded flights to make sure no aircraft were hit , fire team spokesman Ron Roth said.

Planes were allowed to resume flights about 90 minutes later.

"We don't have to determine what it is, just that it's safe to fly at this point," he said."

The North American Aerospace Defense Command based at Peterson Air Force Base in El Paso County doesn't think whatever fell was man-made."

"We have no indication anything manmade entered that area." said NORAD spokesman John Cornelia, adding, "We have no information as to what this might have been."

"Ron Davis, who lives part-time in Lake City, said by e-mail that he was hiking on Redcloud Peak in Hinsdale County when he saw what he thought was silvery "space junk" burning across the eastern sky, traveling from north to south with a white tail. "

Read FULL Article:
www.denverpost.com...

This, in conjuction with this UFO showing up on live tv reporting the wildfire fighting effort, leads me wonder beyond the question as to whether or not UFOs are interested in monitoring our efforts to contain these fires.

Are they, in fact, trying to hamper containment efforts...or, perhaps more importantly, was a crashed UFO actually responsible for starting these specific fires....and they are monitoring our efforts in this area to prevent any type of discovery or recovery?

Yes, I know this is far-out speculation on my part, but there does seem to exist, at least in the form of the above referenced mainstream print and broadcast media, circumstantial evidence to at least provoke this speculation.

edit on 2-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: vid link added

edit on 2-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

If you were noticing these threads, why didn't you just add your two cents on those threads? I've read at least two of them and there is nothing new here. I'm not criticizing your attempt to add your opinion, just the need to start another thread on a topic that's pretty much been covered already. Even the link to the DP article has been published on ATS already.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join