It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did downed UFO cause Colorado Wildfires?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
More eyewitness reports from another article:

"Reports of a plane breaking up in the sky or objects falling from the sky grounded aircraft fighting the Spring Fire Wednesday afternoon."

"Pueblo Sheriff Kirk Taylor said people in several counties saw what appeared to falling objects. Chaffee County described it as an airplane that went to pieces."

“It was quite interesting,” said Mary Grace McAlister, who witnessed it along with a friend at the Breckenridge Golf Course in Summit County."
It looked like a bright light falling to the earth ... it looked like something was on fire, and we couldn't tell if it was an airplane," she told the Summit Daily News."

Read FULL article:
www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

Originally posted by Echtelion

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
That looks like a normal commercial airliner to me in the background. You can tell it is way off into the distance and much higher than the helicopter.

There's one thing with commercial airliners that I reckoned: THEY HAVE WINGS!

....or perhaps you forgot that small, irrelevant detail.

Huh?

I have seen many images on a camera and even with my own two eyes about a airliner not looking like it has wings. Its called an optical illusion.

Wow.... you're really going a long way simply to debunk. Just as for insulting people's intelligence.

At that distance, it IS usually fairly easy to see wings on a commercial airplane.

This just in: UFO debunkers have reached a new low.
edit on 3/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This was my first thread in '07. Related? Who knows. But something to consider based on this thread nonetheless. None of the links work anymore but I have a ex-text summarizing the story.
UFO Battle Over Kelowna

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I personally think this stuff has reached the point it pretty much guarantees no intelligent person will want to be anywhere near this topic. It's really sad that the Internet and places like YouTube, that could have been really helpful, have instead resulted in a circus of the absurd.

What next - "Did a UFO Cause the Occupy Movement?" - "Are Progressives Really Evil Aliens Sent to Take Over the World and Eat Our Children?" (Well the second one might be true)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
sigh...

stop posting this nonsense...it was HAARP ffs :S

everyone knows that?!!?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I remember colliding with an aircraft...the pilot was actually trying to recruit me! I fell and there was fire EVERYWHERE. The fire started crawling up a slope...after a time I went underground with some soldiers. Then I was back in my body, thousands of miles away.

edit on 3-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hmmm, coincidently the Chinese had a manned mission to their space station. This and the wildfire times overlap. Possibly a booster or other debris?

P.S. I don't believe in coincidences.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i just read a comment here: www.reuters.com...

"The US Forest Service refuses to allow Evergreen, who built and operates the world’s biggest forest fire tankers from even bidding on fire fighting jobs.

Why?"

i dont quite understand as i am german what Evergreen is but does anyone know if there is any reason to not allow them to "bid" on fire fighting jobs..and why do you have to "bid" instead of just going there..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Almost started a thread last wed because for 2 nights in a row I saw what I would call a ufo. Didn't take a picture seeing it was just a light in the sky. Sure we have all seen enough of those by now.

First one (last tuesday) was stationary or was going straight up. Bright light looked like an aircraft landing light and faded out as it gained altitude. Second one (wed night) started at the same location in the sky similar bright landing light but was moving west over Denver away from me. It slowly faded out as it moved towards the horizion. Both were far to bright to be a plane plus the second was moving away from me so the light I saw was at the rear of the craft.

Don't have fires in this area but it could be connected. Im in littleton south of the boulder fire and north of the colorado springs fire.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance, but is it common practice to ground an entire fleet of low-flying aircraft for an hour and a half, due to a POSSIBLE meteor sighting?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

How did I insult you? By not agreeing with you? That doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Some friends hiking emailed this pic claiming meteor?picturepost-dev.sr.unh.edu...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

I have been seeing a lot also and I live in Aurora. I seen one that looked like a subtle light in the sky it started to slow and let out a big bluish glow kinda like mist or something it looked very weird. It had to have been in the past couple weeks around 9 or 10 at night. There was also a couple I seen another night very high up in the air traveling pretty fast it looked like a light but the speed was way faster than normal planes which I see around all the time because I am by Buckley Airforce base.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

Kette states that the destruction of some of the homes mimics that of the World Trade Center. Note that several of the trees in picture 22 in this CNN series are standing, but the structures are completely extinguished, reduced not to trashy piles of burnt debris, but to pulverized dust. (Click forward to picture 22 to see the image.)

Intersting, indeed.. picture 22:

Reuters, CNN Wildfire Pics

Can someone explain this? There are trees that appear untouched, yet the homes are just gone!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahtzeestone
reply to post by Thaxter

Kette states that the destruction of some of the homes mimics that of the World Trade Center. Note that several of the trees in picture 22 in this CNN series are standing, but the structures are completely extinguished, reduced not to trashy piles of burnt debris, but to pulverized dust. (Click forward to picture 22 to see the image.)

Intersting, indeed.. picture 22:

Reuters, CNN Wildfire Pics

Can someone explain this? There are trees that appear untouched, yet the homes are just gone!

I'm no botanist, but I would assume that the majority of unburnt trees are evergreens, and as such, do not burn as readily as the others.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
MORE eyewitness reports from the LA TIMES:

(These include reports of people actually witnessing an impact.)

"Chaffee County Sheriff W. Peter Palmer told the Los Angeles Times that his office received four reports of meteors striking the ground."

"People heard a boom; they saw things flying through the air, things like that," he said. "The local fire chief went looking for smoke to see if the impacts started another fire. That’s the last thing we need."

"The Colorado sightings corresponded with reports of a possible meteor filed by the crews of two commercial aircraft over Liberal, Kan., meteorologist Scott Entrekin of the National Weather Service in Boulder, told the AP. Other sky sightings were reported in Raton, N.M., he said."

Read FULL article here:

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Maybe it was the decepticons and the autobots? Just saying......

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Whatever is seen in the youtube video, (if not cgi) there is no reason why the emergency services couldn't be using a drone to pinpoint key areas, a good use for the things, and unconnected to any possible 'fireball' origin for the fires.

Here's a recent list, they are around most places including Colorado,

gizmodo.com...

I dare say most of them will not be like the one depicted.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"Are Progressives Really Evil Aliens Sent to Take Over the World and Eat Our Children?" (Well the second one might be true)

Edited -
nevermind, emotional political off topic reaction, congrats Blaine, ya ruffled my feathers with your snarky generalization, but realizing that blaming an entire movement these days is rather insulting and non-productive, I will retract my response and take the high road friend, and I hope that you may do the same sometimes.
edit on 3-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think 99.999999 % no.

But now we have a mod/site owner involved in this thread.

How many people flipped a cig butt out that day, or some kids having a bon fire drinking beer,I could buy into a baby bigfooot more playing with matches than a downed UFO.
Arson to?

Sure it could of been a number of things.

Pretty sad on the horror and devistation!

Lets keep out hearts out to those who lost there homes and replant the forest.
Lets not play a blame game saying it was a UFO or goverment drone.

A lot of you hate the news/reporters ,yet buy into it when it serves your purpose?
I have noticed this here.

Time to slow down and think.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join