It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of Entrepreneur could you be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

As we get closer to production of the first episode of the first web series, I'll come back to this thread and give you a tag line and brief synopsis.

In general terms, I would like the Youtube channel to be an exercise in extremes. When cable was first beginning I thought it was amusing how it seemed as if all these executives for cable networks seemed to be all asking: "What do we do?" "I don't know, what do you wanna do?" "I know, let's look at real television and do what they do". Eventually, networks like HBO, Showtime, AMC and others began doing what "real" television did, but better. There were networks, like MTV that busted out of the mold, but look at MTV today and it looks a lot like "real" television.

Internet television seems to be going down the same road. Hulu is "real" television on the internet. In order to generate enough views, I think it is probably important to make webisodes that are familiar to viewers in that they resemble "real" television. (This, by the way, is how you make money off of Youtube, once you begin generating enough views, Youtube pays you to allow them to run advertising on your channel. Some are making over $100,000 a year this way) The web series we will begin with will resemble "real" television to some degree, and the whole intent - beyond having fun and being artists - would be to attract as many viewers as we can.

As we develop a strong subscription base I would like to start experimenting with internet television creating entertainment that is more germane to the internet. I am still just formulating this thought, but how would you marry the idea of the hyperlink to webisodes? Create content where if the viewer wants, they can click a hyperlink when it comes up and go to another video related to the one they're watching, and then click back. The idea is to create some form of entertainment where the viewer can easily leave one video mid way and click a hyperlink to another related video that only enhances the story being told.

Just a thought. Exercise in extremes. On one extreme I want to be mainstream enough to make money, on the other extreme I want to have enough artistic freedom to push the edges of the envelope and find new ways to make art.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

Great advice , thanks for your contribution

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Sounds like it will be interesting and thanks for the reply. I think you know more about the link issues than I, so I don't have any input on that aspect, but your direction and intent sounds good. The ole dance between art imitating life and vice versa is at play, and it sounds like you are exploiting the schism which will bring balance and entertainment and varied perspectives. I look froward to checking it out.

<< 1   >>

join