It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian Neanderthals, Humans Mated 100,000 years ago

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Of course Humans mated with Neanderthal women. They were easy and desperate. Kinda on the dumb side too so they didn't complain about Friday Night Football or the fact that we didn't take out the garbage.

~~~~

So, they dated these and judging by the structure found humans to have mated with cheap wome - I mean,.. Neanderthal women? How exactly did they do that? Did they take DNA samples?

Could it just be they are jumping to conclusions and there are other factors that could cause them to appear to have mated - factors they are not taking into account?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Of course Humans mated with Neanderthal women. They were easy and desperate. Kinda on the dumb side too so they didn't complain about Friday Night Football or the fact that we didn't take out the garbage.

Could it just be they are jumping to conclusions and there are other factors that could cause them to appear to have mated - factors they are not taking into account?

I thought about somethings that perhaps 'Neanderthal Women' were just that...'Neanderthalic'
all hairy and big and bit on the rough side. Could this also be the reason for the Neanderthal Male to seek out modern human females as they were not perhaps that hairy and all being termed 'modern'? Could this also be the reason where their numbers were dwindling as more and more attractive(modern) females were available as they migrated?
How many modern humans do we know that always 'checks out the menu' but does not order or goes for a buffet?

Surely the modern human males will mate with any female (if I have to derive this based on the existing male behaviour and sexuality pattern) be it a Neanderthal or Modern. I am not sure how much of the modern human genes have altered or changed such that their sexual preference and/or behaviour has changed to the present day but lets ask ourselves that how many men will not think of sexual act in the dark even if a 'ugly' or 'fat' woman shared a bed with them? Just a thought and nothing more to it

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Well who knows how supposed ''modern homo sapiens'' that weren't Neanderthal homo sapiens looked, though it is now held that Neanderthals were fair skinned and red haired.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 3-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It's also accepted that Neanderthals were as varied as modern man with regards to hair and skin color. Not all were blonde, redheads etc etc etc some were brunettes and possibly not that fair skinned. I think that all depended on their diets and locations. Not all Neanderthal remains were found in colder regions

There have been some found as far south from their well established regions as Israel

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know, I posted links about the areas and origins at the start of the thread, as well as some threads before this. Some people think of Neanderthal as hair of monkey and grunting, the red hair and fair skin normally surprises. Also note I didn't say ALL Neanderthal and ''held as''.

The gene mutations could also account for the red haired Chinese mummies found and the infamous red hair of Jewish peoples.

I also think there is only a very limited amount of evidence for any supposed theory on particular archaic homo sapiens as well as for the general 'origins' of humanity, if there is even a particular place. The evidence so far is like 3 pieces of a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. There is a lot of speculation.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It's also accepted that Neanderthals were as varied as modern man with regards to hair and skin color. Not all were blonde, redheads etc etc etc some were brunettes and possibly not that fair skinned. I think that all depended on their diets and locations. Not all Neanderthal remains were found in colder regions

There have been some found as far south from their well established regions as Israel

It is though pretty much accepted that those southerly migrations occurred during periods of colder climates, making areas such as Israel more temperately suited to them.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
It is though pretty much accepted that those southerly migrations occurred during periods of colder climates, making areas such as Israel more temperately suited to them.

Temperately suited for which group?

Neanderthals or HSS?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
The gene mutations could also account for the red haired Chinese mummies found and the infamous red hair of Jewish peoples.

Have you researched the Denisovian's possible contributions?

edit on 3-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Neaderthals, it is well established that HSS had better adaptation to less temperate climates.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Have you researched the Denisovian's possible contributions?

Particularly in relation to red haired Chinese mummies or Jewish peoples?

The isn't much fossil evidence of Denisovians so far and the research is limited, a common ancestor to Neanderthal and DNA in current Melanesian and Aboriginal.

Are you suggesting a specific connection to either of these or to red hair in general?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The Chinese mummies are very often hidden from any outside research. The information we do have is limited. I think they all should be tested for such evidence. Does it really seem possible that the Denisovian line made it all the way to the Melanesian yet left no sign in between the two locations?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The Chinese mummies are very often hidden from any outside research. The information we do have is limited. I think they all should be tested for such evidence. Does it really seem possible that the Denisovian line made it all the way to the Melanesian yet left no sign in between the two locations?

Which Chinese mummies are you referring to? I presume not the Tarim ones, they would be far too recent to be of significance...could you provide me with a link please. Otherwise, the evidence is bound to be scant due to the lack of structured burials, until that point, bodies were presumably prey to carrion scavengers as well as the elements. It is only when we are lucky enough to find a cave in or similar event that we have enough to work with to gain any sense of the picture.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Which Chinese mummies are you referring to? I presume not the Tarim ones, they would be far too recent to be of significance...could you provide me with a link please.

Far too recent for what? Being distant descendants from a much older line that was over time diluted by wave after wave of HSS to the point that they may have a very tiny [Albeit significant] % of either Denisovian and or Neanderthal DNA?

Which could possibly account for their red or blonde hair.

Otherwise, the evidence is bound to be scant due to the lack of structured burials, until that point, bodies were presumably prey to carrion scavengers as well as the elements. It is only when we are lucky enough to find a cave in or similar event that we have enough to work with to gain any sense of the picture.

The deal is that we have no idea just how many have been found and what results if any have been discovered looking for these types of connections. The point I'm trying to make is that there could very well be evidence locked away and not known because nobody is looking for this type of connection.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

As far as a link goes, this is my own theory and question. I'm postulating here. Not making any attempts of point of fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

But the Tarim mummies have been genetically profiled anyway

And are dated to a time when there were already established trade routes. Yes, highly irrelevent to events that occurred tens of thousands of years prior, both in terms of DNA profiling and human movements.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

As far as a link goes, this is my own theory and question. I'm postulating here. Not making any attempts of point of fact.

Clearly.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

True but...

Denisovians are a fairly new discovery relatively speaking. My question is, have they gone back and looked at the DATA now that this new line was discovered?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Why would there be any need to? The mummies were from different geographical locations for starters and do not represent a single homogenous group, secondly, given human movements prior to that, it wouldn't actually tell us anything, and with that in mind, thirdly it would cost a fortune that could be better spent elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Why would there be any need to?

Why not?

The mummies were from different geographical locations for starters and do not represent a single homogenous group,

Does that really matter?

secondly, given human movements prior to that, it wouldn't actually tell us anything,

Genetic evidence of who they were related to is all. Melanesians are genetically related to Denisovians yet look where they are located in respect to Siberia. Could there have been descendents closer to home than the Pacific?

and with that in mind, thirdly it would cost a fortune that could be better spent elsewhere.

That's a matter of opinion I'm afraid.
I value understanding human history very highly.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

There are a lot of caucasian blonde and red haired mummies found in areas that aren't now considered mostly caucasian populated areas. There was obviously a vast spread of caucasian througout most areas, suggesting possible populations of these areas for a long time, perhaps 100's of thousands of years. Perhaps all having Neanderthal genes. There just isn't the complete evidence to piece all parts together yet but it is interesting.

As for Denisovian, it is likely IMO that there are plenty of other examples, probably in many places.

There are so many posibilities for HSS and HS? interactions and interbreeding. There could be many more as yet to be found with even more significance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join