It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan’s Pentagon: US Spending $92 Million on Massive Building

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

So Afghanistan, science, the future, we have in Afghanistan a large country that needs some type of development and a trade center there would greatly increase their GDP per capita which today is 960 bucks.

Canada and the US is around 50,000 each.
(I am begging money from America this week so thats why I didn't say ours is 50,000 and theirs is 48,000 and the two thousand difference is because they are fat, and they are sroooo.)

However we can afford to play Socrates and Plato with the world and Afghanistan looks like one possible candidate location.

So more future, since technology likes to know trends and suspected trends, but to see it, you have to look in the Western World or the modern world in general, so the cloud based distribution system which is like the torrent system, can move goods to your house, freely if shipping is free locally, by you simply clicking the mouse. Goods can flow to your door. And you are not always home. But if you had a mail box that worked, then you see everywhere you go, you can just click or touch screen, goods are flowing to your house in a different way than today.
I personally hate advertising and billboard advertising is even illegal here everyone hates it so much, except on Indian reserves because they need money and its their land, we are like that but any ad, that had a thing on it that I could point my phone at, and it would flow to my house, oh yeah, I am an impulse buyer too, when it comes to small things that I want that catch my eye which may be related to my hobbies.
I forget about the price tag then.

You know guys can be lazy. And or all of a sudden they now spring in to action and do the laundry etc,and on payday, a fool and his money is soon parted, and in the majority of the world that has expendable income, it does tend to get spent quite quickly on impulse buying.

Now this could be a blessing or a curse for man I am not sure which, but as that system evolves, it will include the option to just chuck money into a savings account for a rainy day. So you have good devil on one shoulder and bad devil on the other shoulder,. er I mean you have choices, one of which for Canadians is (not unlike the Scots in some respects), to put money in the bank. Or invest or buy some type of property maybe even a car or boat and not use it but just have it as a kind of status symbol or just investment vehicle or bank in and of itself.
When you make the kind of money people do in the modern world, there are other things they want to do with their money instead of shopping, yet what they do is still a kind of shopping in itself, only its to make their money grow or to keep it from shrinking.
So hand held devices that click and shoot to pay and deliver for free as you are driving on the freeway, (I am exaggerating because you can't use your phone while driving) but above a talking urinal, might also have some kind of investment options and insurance plans and you know, they will in time find new and better ways to reach the consumer, and click and pay on impulse is something they will try to get into.
If, I was looking for a house, and I was using a urinal, and above it was a real estate ad, that had a listing I was interested in, I might even use my phone to point at it, for contact by the agent. (you can tell I don't like advertising and this is painful for me to encourage but I can see it coming.)

So on the bus, you have a target market of middle class and students, I took marketing of course, so where the statistics say your customers will be, you want to put your ad there with a click and pay, free delivery scheme, and if you can get one by the Tokyo subway, and you were selling Geiger counters when they needed one?
And you had a trusted reputation for delivery?

With a world of 7 billion people and a trade network geographically distributed, a cloud based system may be the only system which can meet the demands as they arise.

Remember that peer to peer systems can transmit about 4 megabytes in the time a torrent system can transmit 4 gigabytes. So that won't translate perfectly across the board to moving goods, unless the system is equally optimized. But even if it is just halfway optimized, those Geiger counters might have been there at an affordable price and thats just one example. We really want to be able to move food like that.
Perishable goods.
Especially on the Silk Road.

We want to be able to get raw materials through Afghanistan in both directions, and ship finished products in both directions. Bulk food and packaged products ready for market. Also sea food, both ways, so we need proper storage and scientific monitoring systems.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So Afghanistan is not suitable for that kind of central warehousing, but go east to Europe, or go to North America and one of our new trade hubs, might stock a constant supply of frozen pizzas, made who knows where, and if a large company wants to put them on sale in New York, well then the system rotates the stock.

And just in time, millions of frozen pizzas hit their depots and are then turned into your typical fast food.

Because mass production has a larger profit margin, then they can ship things around more if they want to and absorb the extra cost. But we are collectively trying to find better ways to move things quickly and cheaply and big giant airplanes that can move noodles and still make it pay, may someday be a reality.
At present though Afghanistan is important because land based shipping might be the most affordable method.

I guess the point I am getting at is there are 4 billion people in Asia who can buy noodles, they can't buy steak.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So what do you do about the shipping of cans of corn? Why do you have to ask me, questions like that, when there are so many things at stake?

Well you don't have to get dogs to sniff cans of corn, since all cans of corn smell like tin cans, you can shake them.

I know what you do, probably you don't, and if I tell you how will that affect the future?

Well if the cans of corn weigh the same amount but its cheaper than to ship cans of beans, then I might be checking a few random cans of corn, or beans or coffee or anything but I wouldn't be wasting too much time with dogs and all that serious looking security business in a situation where you know thats been done and is it effective? Well I guess once in a while someone trips over a huge shipment of something.

This is the kind of issue that a global trade organization with proper management can capitalize on as they vigorously pursue revenue from giant companies who worry about their corporate image and the protection of the consumer. You know there is a lot of money in food safety and not just global food management for philanthropy. The standard of living people enjoy is protected by proper systems and those are mostly computer systems, and all goods sold in Canada on a shelf, as a for instance, must have a bar code and that bar code tells the system everything you need to know, but thats not always true of imported goods.

I don't want people to end up saying UN, global food management, oh, that is going to cost us money again, sorry we gave at the office.
Global food management is not all Biafra.

Its that imported jam you are eating, and that no name product and that product on sale etc. and here like in many places what Monsanto is doing is important. Scientists networking through a global hub network, will be able to tell you things a weather bureau cannot. In terms of how the crops are doing today, almost everywhere in the world, and you know thats important for global food management and the global economy.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

So you want to know the low down on Afghanistan? Well either it becomes a large area mostly controlled by giant pharmaceutical organizations, and holistic health organizations, and has a large trade hub associated with it, or else it is just a truck stop.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Money has been spent on Afghanistan already...
www.atimes.com...
Jan 29, 2010l

The average income of Afghan workers has jumped to $426 a year from $70 since 2004, says Aziz Shams, spokesperson of the Ministry of Finance. In the past two years, poverty has declined from 42% to 36%, according to Fardin Sediqi, chief of the Methodology and Supervision Department of the Ministry of Economy.

On top of this is the $62 billion pledged to Afghanistan by the international community since 2002, of which $35.4 billion has been recieved. Of this amount, $8 billion went to the Afghan government and the rest has been spent directly by the donor countries for Afghanistan or by non-government organizations.

The seemingly improving economic outlook has yet to translate into dragging Afghanistan from the foot of most measures of poverty.

The nation still ranks the second poorest, after Niger in West Africa, among the 182 countries considered in the 2009 Human Development Report prepared by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).

Second poorest country.

So I am talking about only a 5 billion dollar investment there but a very large investment over time by companies which like the idea of having a region that is specific for their use as an industry.

And if big business can't see the opportunity, Internet people will get them to grow crops they can sell and they will pay for shipping because to an Afghan getting an AVERAGE of 426 dollars per year in income, they will work for less than other places if you show them what you want. Tell them grow this I will buy it, and here are some seeds.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
And you can read about it here...

www.time.com...

Saffron is also a high-value crop: one kilogram can fetch $2,000 to $3,000 in the local market, says Aslami. That compares to just over $90 a kilogram for poppies. But, he adds, "The Agriculture Ministry focuses on production only. The farmer's problem is processing, development, getting a brand and entering the international market ... There is no clear international marketing system in Afghanistan for saffron."

Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Google wants to invest in Afghanistan? They want to know the details of how the billboard sends information to the system in the car but the google map, if the sign was accurately mapped, would be enough since the database of the system and I merely chose on-star as an example of a system that could be used to retrieve real time data from a data base, You just need to know what sign is the buyer looking at exactly. Without the need for glasses.

Sorry, that was a cheap shot. (they just came out with new camera glasses and a transparent display.)

QR-codes are really ugly.
www.mojo40.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Of course I am not suggesting I found opium in a can of Libby's corn from China, where do you GET these ideas from???

All I was saying is that if you shake the can, lol you will know the specific density of the matter inside by using modern methods of statistical analysis sheesh. You make me sound like a scientist.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's better to build infrastructure than bombs, I would supppose. I don't see how any succesful withdrawal plan can be implemented without the construction of civil society and defence. Unless of course you simply up and leave an anarchic sh#thole.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join