It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will america be punished for attacking iraq for no reason???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
WE ARE IN THE WAR ON TERRORISM NOT THE WAR ON COUNTRYS WITH WMD. IRAQ IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY. IT IS SURROUNDED BY HISTORY OF TERRORISM NOT ONLY AGAINST OTHER COUNTRY'S BUT AGAINST ITSELF. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THOSE WHO THINK IRAQ IS A WASTE. I ALSO CAN SAY THIS BECAUSE I SPEND A YEAR THERE AND SAY HOW THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO LIVE.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maximize_performance
I DO NOT AGREE WITH THOSE WHO THINK IRAQ IS A WASTE. I ALSO CAN SAY THIS BECAUSE I SPEND A YEAR THERE AND SAY HOW THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO LIVE.

Even though it is not nice to yell, this is a very provocative and pregnant statement. Could you elaborate?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
In terms of the idiotic argument about whether or not Saddam had WMDs, let us just say that the US had "probable cause" and that the best intelligence available convinced the Bush administration and the Congress, including the treacherous and odious war criminal Hanoi John Kerry, that, given Saddam's history of evading the UN inspectors and, most notably, his history of using WMDs, and that, given the "new normal" in the wake of 9/11, it was only prudent to depose the onerous tyrant and do our best to install a democratic government, wherein the people of Iraq could govern themselves.

Kerry claims he would have done a better job, but given his avowed conduct during the war in Vietnam, he would have nuked Afghanistan, award himself the Congressional Gold Medal of Achievement and declared himself immune from further war-related decision-making and retired to Martha's Vinyard.

[edit on 04/10/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The only way to win the war on terror is to eliminate the concept of terror itself which is obviously impossible due to humanity's tendency to use violence as a means of resolution. Saddam did have WMDs but that was what, 11 years ago? How can you say the inspectors were fooled? Did you astral project yourself to Saddam's palaces and see the WMDs for yourself? Please, the US relied on faulty intelligence so that Bush Jr. could make Daddy happy by capturing Saddam.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Ethereal Visage]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
In terms of the idiotic argument about whether or not Saddam had WMDs, let us just say that the US had "probable cause" and that the best intelligence available convinced...

Idiotic argument? "Probable cause"? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but prior to the invasion, didn't the Bush Administration actually claim they had 'overwhealming evidence' of Saddam harboring WMD's at that time? And this 'fact' combined with an alleged connection with Al-Qaida were the reasons presented as to why Iraq posed an imminent threat to the US and the rest of the free world? Didn't the Bush Administration also put a stop to the weapons inspections before the inspectors could finish their job, because they said to already have enough proof to support an attack? And isn't it also correct that there is still no credible evidence actually supporting these claims?

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Idiotic argument? "Probable cause"? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but prior to the invasion, didn't the Bush Administration actually claim they had 'overwhealming evidence' of Saddam harboring WMD's at that time?

Choose whatever terminology suits you. The fact is that the man who had to make the decisons about how to protect this nation, relied on the best intelligence available and he and the Congress and our allies, believed that Saddam was a credible threat.

Some people like yourself sound like Bush woke up one Monday morning and just thought he might invade a country for grins. I sincerely doubt that you have ever faced a challenge as great as this. You are in no way in a position to criticize our President and if you are an American you and your kind should be applauding the President's cajones instead of giving our enemies a good chuckle at the President's expense.

Who's your law school, Mr. Wordsmith?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Visage
Did you astral project yourself to Saddam's palaces and see the WMDs for yourself? Please, the US relied on faulty intelligence so that Bush Jr. could make Daddy happy by capturing Saddam.

Please, don't bother me with your silly questions about your superstitions. If you were presented with the same evidence in advance, would you have known it was faulty. How do you know it was faulty. Iraq is a big place. Saddam has a friendly neighbor. Aren't you being a little presumptuous, or do you sit on the President's cabinet? Are you the head of the CIA or some similar foreign agency? Perhaps you serve on the UN Security Council? Your Baghdad Bob? Saddam has internet access now? Your using your laptop under the covers when your supposed to be sleeping?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Please, don't bother me with your silly questions about your superstitions. If you were presented with the same evidence in advance, would you have known it was faulty. How do you know it was faulty. Iraq is a big place. Saddam has a friendly neighbor. Aren't you being a little presumptuous, or do you sit on the President's cabinet? Are you the head of the CIA or some similar foreign agency? Perhaps you serve on the UN Security Council? Your Baghdad Bob? Saddam has internet access now? Your using your laptop under the covers when your supposed to be sleeping?

What are your credentials Grady? Should I debate YOUR silly statements? Are you Rehash Rep.?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Choose whatever terminology suits you.

A terminology issue is all this is to you? Seriously?

The fact is that the man who had to make the decisons about how to protect this nation, relied on the best intelligence available and he and the Congress and our allies, believed that Saddam was a credible threat.

The fact that Mr Bush now blames this intelligence for providing faulty information really shows that even he has some serious concerns about the lack of evidence (i.e. lack of validity) to support the current war. Now, how's that for belief?

Some people like yourself sound like Bush woke up one Monday morning and just thought he might invade a country for grins. I sincerely doubt that you have ever faced a challenge as great as this.

'Some people like myself'? Am I sensing a little hostility here, Grady? Well, people like myself have a huge problem with a president finding it acceptable to attack another nation despite lacking credible evidence to support any claims about an alleged imminent threat.

You are in no way in a position to criticize our President and if you are an American you and your kind should be applauding the President's cajones instead of giving our enemies a good chuckle at the President's expense.

Well, a 'good chuckle' is hardly the correct word for it, try serious concern

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Grady logs off in the face of opposition. Yet still sees what's going on. Right?
How long before you log back on and SHOUT that there's something wrong here.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Grady logs off in the face of opposition. Yet still sees what's going on. Right?
How long before you log back on and SHOUT that there's something wrong here.

I haven't logged off. I've been on the board continuously. And what would I find wrong here? Seems to me that the board is just as I left it two days ago. All the same armchair diplomats second-guessing the Commader-in-Chief. If I could spend five minutes alone with most of you in a small room, you wouldn't know whether to spit or wind your watch. Most of you don't even know what a high-pressure job is.

I just find it annoying when people presume to know better than the man in office and especially since that man is doing as fine a job as Bush is doing. Hindsight is 20/20 and when there are no consequences to your suppositions, it's easy as pie to prosecute a war.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

If I could spend five minutes alone with most of you in a small room, you wouldn't know whether to spit or wind your watch.

Would you mind elaborating on this, Grady? Fresh out of actual arguments concering the issue at hand now, are we?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Most of you don't even know what a high-pressure job is.

I just find it annoying when people presume to know better than the man in office and especially since that man is doing as fine a job as Bush is doing.

As I recall, hasn't Bush taken more vacations than any other president before him?

High pressure? I think not.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

As I recall, hasn't Bush taken more vacations than any other president before him?

High pressure? I think not.

What do you do for a living? Is it still the paper route? The President may visit his ranch, Camp David and whatnot, but he takes his work with him. Believe me, if you ever get a job where you are never really off, you'll get the idea. When can the President ever stop being President?

Oh, wait! I know! When he's playing hide the cigar with a White House intern.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

What are your credentials Grady? Should I debate YOUR silly statements? Are you Rehash Rep.?

I am one of the rare individuals who posts a profile. You may visit there any time:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

USMC 67-71
(0811/0141/9940)

Vietnam War 68-69 (K/4/13; W/1/13; WIA:
23 Feb 69)

Military Order of the Purple Heart (Life Member)

National Rifle Association (Benefactor Memeber)

Mensa

Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, University of New Orleans, 1988

Master of Social Work, Tulane Univeristy, 1995

Licensed Master's Social Worker, New Mexico

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I didn't know you were in the military. I guess that explains your blind faith to President Bush.

Do you know what they call Marines in the Navy? Jarheads.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Ethereal Visage]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I didn't know you were in the military. I guess that explains your blind faith to President Bush.

No one gets my blind faith--not even George Bush. There is a concept called loyalty, which I can only presume is foreign to you.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
As long as loyalty to the end exists, there is no point in believing in anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

When can the President ever stop being President?

Oh, wait! I know! When he's playing hide the cigar with a White House intern.

Are you sure Mr Clinton stopped being president during that moment? Were you present in the oval office? I'm sure Miss Lewinsky thought he was very presidential at the time..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join