It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Support Rises After Supreme Court Ruling, Poll Finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, July 1 (Reuters) - Voter support for President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul has increased following the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling upholding it, although majorities still oppose it, a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Sunday showed.

Among all registered voters, support for the law rose to 48 percent in the online survey conducted after Thursday's ruling, up from 43 percent before the court decision. Opposition slipped to 52 percent from 57 percent.

Obamacare support rises After.....

Considering how much money the GOP and the Tea Party (the elite) have pored into fighting this law, this is surprising that it is gaining support, perhaps the population is starting to see the talking heads and the propaganda for what it is.

The affordable care act, the act once championed by the republican party, now demonized by it has shown a uptick in support of it. The untold millions thrown into the campaign to smear this law by the right doesn't appear to be working.

A majority is still opposed to the law, however as time marches on and peoples lives are positively affected by it, support will increase. However, support is rising in all categories.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have quite a few problems with the current administration, mainly their foreign policy, but also the fact that I believe all leaders are handpicked.

That being said, I see very little wrong with the Affordable Care Act. My main gripe with it is that it's not a single-payer universal health care system like almost every other industrialized nation has and that it still is giving money to these privatized corporations.

Still, though, there are a lot of lies and misinformation being spread about it. And those lies need to be debunked. I will give some credit to the Republicans, though. When the SC ruled for the "individual mandate" that it was a tax, the GOP didn't bat an eye. They already had a false talking point in the wings ready to go. It's like they plan out in advance what their arguments are going to be no matter what happens regardless of the issue.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I would like to point out that just because the Republican party championed for this healthcare act still doesn't make it a good idea. They probably knew they had a chocolate covered terd.
edit on 2-7-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I fail to see much "positive" in obamacare, and poll numbers can be manipulated, by as much as ten points sometimes (which they admit when they publish the poll numbers).

Nowhere in this health care mandate do they say that it is AFFORDABLE to people that do not have it now and are in the middle class. So we'll end up paying the tax (and it is a tax, no matter how obamabots want to spin it) to support people who are poor and cannot afford to pay. But guess what? We can't afford it either!

This was the poorest choice when it came to fixing our national health care crisis. So hubby and I, if we become gravely ill, can either cough up money we cannot really afford for care is that just as crappy as it was before this bill became law, or we can not have insurance and go broke paying full retail prices....or the most likely scenario, we simply don't see a doctor and let nature take its brutal course.

How is sacrificing our financial future so that people less fortunate can get care a positive? How is it okay that people that have worked hard all their lives have to give it all up in the name of charity? Are their lives more important than ours? In particular, how much better will it be for people to be forced to buy care they cannot afford, and it remains the same garbage, treat-the-symptom-and-not-the-disease care that we're getting now and are dying from? Remind me again of how this is a good thing....?
edit on 2-7-2012 by FissionSurplus because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

WASHINGTON, July 1 (Reuters) - Voter support for President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul has increased following the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling upholding it, although majorities still oppose it, a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Sunday showed.

Among all registered voters, support for the law rose to 48 percent in the online survey conducted after Thursday's ruling, up from 43 percent before the court decision. Opposition slipped to 52 percent from 57 percent.

Obamacare support rises After.....

Considering how much money the GOP and the Tea Party (the elite) have pored into fighting this law, this is surprising that it is gaining support, perhaps the population is starting to see the talking heads and the propaganda for what it is.

The affordable care act, the act once championed by the republican party, now demonized by it has shown a uptick in support of it. The untold millions thrown into the campaign to smear this law by the right doesn't appear to be working.

A majority is still opposed to the law, however as time marches on and peoples lives are positively affected by it, support will increase. However, support is rising in all categories.

I can make a online pole and get enough to make it look like anything is gaining traction if I want to. This thing is a big pile of crap and there is a reason it had to be forced down our throats. It wouldnt have passed any other way.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Do not fall for this jedi mind trick, this is exactly what they want people to think.
You will see a lot more if this up until November.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If they will blatantly commit voting fraud with their numbers I will NEVER believe one of their online polls. I will also wait to see the "Good" you spoke of and I will ALWAYS be against any system that forces me to pay for you , or you to pay for me!

Booo on these monkeys for throwing this poop at us.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't follow polls because their weakness is that they are always misleading because their questions are always worded to suit the author's outcome that they want.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I believe this law will get more popular over time. If you break the law up most pieces are popular with voters. Not having lifetime limits and being denied for pre existing conditions are just two examples. Before this law a premature baby could reach it's lifetime insurance limits in there first year of life, that's not right.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

You seem to forget this is not a law. It is a tax. The supreme court said as a law it was unconstitional. So the only way they could pass it was to call it what it is ( a tax). And not just a tax , but the largest tax increase in U.S. history.
People don't like to be taxed. They will never warm up to this idea.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by lokdog

You seem to forget this is not a law. It is a tax. The supreme court said as a law it was unconstitional. So the only way they could pass it was to call it what it is ( a tax). And not just a tax , but the largest tax increase in U.S. history.
People don't like to be taxed. They will never warm up to this idea.

And dont forget to. It paves the way for the government to turn anything into a tax now and the Supreme Court has made it legal.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Well if you were to become ill, you'd have medical bills anyway. Least this way, with the insurance not able to turn you away due to pre existing condition, you can have the insurance company pay for a portion.

The provisions in the plan are awesome I think. I just dislike the mandate. Much would have preferred single payer across the board or public option.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I bet the more time goes by and after some tweaking to this law more and more will support this.

The only thing I don't like is the mandate part.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm happy about obamacare I am self employed and pay $3800 now for health insurance. Obamacare will save me heaps of money.

I am NOT an Obama supporter or have a left/right preference at all, I know they all suck, but all this hate over healthcare is nuts.

Whatever move Obama makes is immediately demonized by the radical right and many of the people here eat it up. Did I click on ats general forum's or fox news?
edit on 2-7-2012 by PrestonSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

So being able to keep your child on your insurance until they're 26 is a tax?
Having no more lifetime limits on healthcare spending is a tax?
Being able to get insurance even though you have pre-existing conditions is a tax?

Well then there are many parts of this tax that people seem to like.

new topics

top topics

join