It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Restricting My Post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
After reading a new thread, I decided to reply. Once I wrote my response and attempted to post it, I received a message stating that "You do not have permission to post here."

What the hell is that? Am I now only allowed to post comments in threads selected by someone other than myself? What the hell is going on here?
edit on 2-7-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

thread got closed maybe?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The thread was likely moved to the complaints forum or trash bin while you were in the process of responding. It happens sometimes. It wasn't just you, it probably just went to a Mod-only forum.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

What was the thread?

When you receive that message it means the thread is a restricted forum that is either only viewable by staff or something you require extra permission for, like the Collaborative Writting forum.

If you can provide some details, I can find out what the issue was.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Apparently, the thread got closed while I was writing my response as "Lannister" and "getreadyalready" had suggested. I guess I should have put on my thinking cap and I might have figured that out for myself.

On another note, it would be nice if the message informing me that I was not allowed to post there would have given the reason why.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

it's a generic message that is populated.

Having one for every single different reason why a thread is moved/closed or otherwise unavailable to various members would probably be a coding nightmare.

On that note, feel free to send any mod a PM with the thread title and a little ask and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Myself can be reached anytime, I'm mostly here on and off all day and the link to my inbox is in my signature

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join