It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi Everyone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've been browsing here off and on for a little while, but recently GLP has decided to ban me for expressing my opinion in a respectful manner, so I decided to finally register here.
I know many of you consider GLP a crappy forum, but I had gotten to know a few nice people there and I liked the simplicity of the forum UI there, so that's why I stuck around there for so long..
Hopefully I'll learn the interface for this forum and find interesting topics to participate in here! I'll look forward to getting to know everyone on here. So far, I'm actually impressed.
There seems to be a much more reasonable moderation system here, as opposed to GLP where you can be as vile as you wish and nothing happens while the actual contributors are randomly banned.

Sorry for the long rant, but anyway, there's my introduction!
edit on 2-7-2012 by KandyWarhol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KandyWarhol

Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy your stay and I'll see you on the boards.

Like your name.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

THis site is great, interesting Stuff..enjoy your time..peace

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Hi, and welcome to ATS. I am Sherlock Holmes undercover, don't tell anyone.
GLP recently started to block their access, that's why I quit it.
Welcome to the club!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yes it's true. After the war all of the Nazi's who survived fled Germany and moved to GLP. Where they have been hiding ever since.

Welcome to ATS. I'm sure you'll find plenty of topics to interest you.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS...we don't eat our first born over here.....hope you find what you are looking for..

See you in the forums. If you ever have any questions, just ask. People here are friendly and helpful.

Des

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hi Kandy and welcome

This site is a fountain of information - period.

Oh, and I noticed the Mods have given you a K of 70 !!! K- Karma rating, don't bother trying to work out the formula - its more closely guarded that the vatican archives

Defecting from GLP has its ups it seems.

See you round like a rissole

edit on 2-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Homer Simpson moment - Doh!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
From one new member of the site to another, welcome!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Welcome KandyWarhol

We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, ATS can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

For now you can reply to any thread you wish. And once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only at this time.

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "Topics" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

So a higher "K" is a bad thing? If so, it looks like I've already made some enemies..
edit on 3-7-2012 by KandyWarhol because: Replied to the wrong post

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Quite the opposite.
High K seems good.
Most float between 10 and 30 I've noticed, seems to be a relationship between amount of posts v's flags and stars received but I suggest there is more to it than that.

Oh, believe you me, you will undoubtedly know when you have made enemies, some on this site become God-like behind their keyboards - but you can tell them a mile away - they always appear from the bridge they live under.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I think applause is also factored in. I'm actually posting to see my K score. I don't usually pay much mind to the points in a persons avatar.

Hi Kandy! Great name and I like the avatar.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Hello and happy 4th of July. Welcome to ATS

Feel free to ask me for help anytime.

I'd appreciate your support. Please flag the thread below.

Vote for me - ATS Regent contest

Thank you and have fun.

PS: I saw you said you were having trouble with your avatar. You need to re-size it, because it's too big. Or you can try to use it as a background picture instead.

Here is the right size for an Avatar

Or try this thread for more help

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join