It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion Theories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
> If an invasion would ever occur what do you think...
> Your response would be?

An hostile invasion? I'll duck
and hide in caves as people did at WWII. Maybe.

> The governement's response will be politicaly? (pretend they never contacted aliens before)

Any gov. would have no choise but to declare war no matter who the hostile invaders are.

> The aliens would do to the earth and it's inhabitants?

Depends of why they invade; is it to take over the planet and replace us? Or is it to rule the population already here?
In the first case they can just bomb us from afar and we will not be able to strike back.
In the other they would have to land and be among us in order to control or rule over us. Then we could fight back.

> What will be the millitary response?

Fight to the last man standing? Nuclear weapons even if it destroy human cities?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What if interstellar travel requires a LOT of energy? The aliens may WANT to invade but imagine the supply-line nightmare across several light-years? I

Perhaps the aliens do want the Earth? There could be many reasons for this, my personal favorite is that planets of our type are rare and thus valuable real-estate.

It costs a LOT to invade, clean up and then migrate to our planet, perhaps more than it is worth if a big conflict were to erupt.

They could not hit us too hard (we have nukes and can simply detonate them in place if we want to do burnt earth). They cannot support a massive, overwhelming, invasion. They might have superior tech but they can�t *hold* the ground once they wipe a city out and thus invite reprisal. They are not numerous enough to wipe out all our power structures / defenses in one swipe.

To make matters worse, maybe our black projects are really really close to their tech advantage? Perhaps we have just enough defensive tech to scare them? Maybe the aliens simply suspect we are close to enough tech to hold a modest invasion at bay.

They alien�s only real choice for invasion would be to co-opt a segment of a powerful faction on the planet (i.e.: the United States). Trading limited tech for political power the aliens could set up a thier own eagents within our political / social structure. Once that is done emigration to remote locals allows them to build up a numerical presence without having to force a beachhead.

Give them a few decades and they can build production facilities and weaken human governments to facilitate a slow but effective invasion, one that happens so slowly and is so effective by the time the world realizes what is happening it is simply to late to do anything about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
here is a nicer thought, the aliens invade us, not knowing our true war prowess... they think it is going to be a clean sweep and lo-and-behold are violent nature has given us a huge war time advantage. Our strategies just maul every last one of them and their home planet never hears from them again... i believe that is a book, or a concept from a book.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There is plenty of free energy in space we could have it too but do you think the elite would like that.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
here is a nicer thought, the aliens invade us, not knowing our true war prowess... they think it is going to be a clean sweep and lo-and-behold are violent nature has given us a huge war time advantage. Our strategies just maul every last one of them and their home planet never hears from them again... i believe that is a book, or a concept from a book.

They go in thinking it's going to be a clean sweep because they didn't think we would resort to nuclear weapons. But we do, and blast the $hit out of everything.

Then they send in the archers...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think the day advanced aliens arrive on earth is the day the whole human race becomes the American Indians.
There will be the initial greetings and exchanges of gifts. The aliens will exchange some mediocre technology which we regard as amazing, in return for setting up colonies on earth.
Initially the aliens will regard us with bemusement (the noble savages) but this will rapidly turn to contempt. They will then start appropriating parts of our territories. When we complain, they will give assurances that this will be the last time they will take land. They will of course break these promises and periodic acts of rebellion by humans (in the manner of the Geronimo) will be brutally put down.
Ultimately, the aliens will dominate the planet, and the handful of us not exterminated will be looked on as some of the Earths novelties.

<< 1   >>

join