It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS - Occupy Philly on 4th of July

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

And cash mobs as I'm sure you know but for those that don't... it's like a flash mob except your group decides to pick a small local business with like 10-20 dollars a person and spend that 10-20 dollars in that store.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

OWS Ha HA Ha what jokes these derainged Morons are~ Come to Florida, I mean the last time you idiots showed up in Miami and Orlando you all ran when we came out with the Zip Ties.

Funny how all you losers talk tough on the net yet cry like little kids when you are caught vandalizing innocent peoples buisnesses, walk into banks to occupy, and get your asses beat when you trespass on residential property huh?

Have fun in Jial when you attempt to oocupy the Liberty bell suckers lol!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The OP has truly blown my mind. People want to go to Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love, the home of the liberty bell, etc. and protest at Independence Mall, perhaps the epitome of consumerism... and the OP complains about the inconvenience it will cause to her holiday activities, which would have centered around perpetuating the status quo of politically-disengaged consumerism.

I understand the complaint, and there are plenty of others who I am sure will agree with you. What I don't understand is how the OP then goes on to say that it accomplishes nothing. The protest has not even started, and it already convinced her to do something besides shop at the mall on 4th of July. I'd say that is an accomplishment...

Protests are supposed to send a symbolic message to people, and I think occupying Independence Mall on 4th of July in Philadelphia is fairly symbolic.

I agree that there should be protests in DC on 4th of July. I am astonished that there have been no riots in the streets of DC yet. I think we can all agree that it would be reasonable for that to happen at this point.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUPERMASON
reply to post by detachedindividual

OWS Ha HA Ha what jokes these derainged Morons are~ Come to Florida, I mean the last time you idiots showed up in Miami and Orlando you all ran when we came out with the Zip Ties.

Funny how all you losers talk tough on the net yet cry like little kids when you are caught vandalizing innocent peoples buisnesses, walk into banks to occupy, and get your asses beat when you trespass on residential property huh?

Have fun in Jial when you attempt to oocupy the Liberty bell suckers lol!

You are pretty twisted. It's funny that you call other people morons; your intellect is obviously staggering. I live in Florida, and I'm well aware of your type, the good old boys. You think a badge puts you above the rest of society. You are bullies. You are selfish. You are generally racist. You people are a disgrace to our state and our country. No one in the service of the people should fantasize about hurting others, especially their own citizens. Serving is a privilege and an honor, which you are unfit to maintain. There are plenty of people in Florida who would love a government job. I can only hope that when the government house gets cleaned, we will flush turds such as yourself along with all the others.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
reply to post by jibeho

And you don't seem to understand that the banksters and banking cartels are the ones that caused the financial collapse, not the government...even though more government banking regulation would have stopped it...but you're against more regulation are you?
edit on 7/2/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

You sure about that statement?? Better check your jug of Kool Aid...

The root of the financial collapse is the systematic failure of Federal Housing policy. Plain and simple. The Banks were playing in a field that was groomed for them by the govt. In many cases they were directly steered by the government.

Essentially, it was the government’s housing policy that was intended to provide financing to people who were unable for one reason or another, mostly lack of resources, to get mortgage credit. Look to Freddie and Fannie. It was the big push and Fannie and Freddie were the govt. selected agents of delivery. Then look to HUD and the Community Reinvestment Act and their involvement with the Mortgage Bankers Association to push mortgages onto those who did not have the means to pay for them.

By the end of 2008 28 million subprime mortgages were officially on the books. 20 million of those were through govt. entities Fannie, Freddie and FHA. All Guided by the Community Reinvestment Act. The govt. demanded these mortgages.

Clearly the banks were involved. They had to be according to the govt.

The Wall Street Bailout that followed is another story in itself.

I think you need to do some more homework instead of believing what your are told about the "banksters" and "Banking Cartel" Your use of those terms say it all!!
edit on 3-7-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes but, those programs/policies were set up by politicians who more often than not, had been bought by the Financial/Big Business Sector if not directly by elected/appointed officials directly from the Financial/Big Business Sector.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And round and round it goes.

The evil bankers bought the corrupt politicians who enabled the evil bankers to bribe the corrupt politicians who made the laws so evil bankers could make money to bribe the corrpt politicians who paved the way for the evil bankers to kill tiny kittens that the corrupt politicians ate with lots of ketchup. . . . . .

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by petrus4

Freedom?? From what? I can't get a straight answer from anyone from within the movement. If they truly wanted freedom they would take the sit in to DC and KEEP it in DC. They don't have the fortitude to do it since some of these folks are the same one who want "free" healthcare compliments of a Govt. with its thumb on the nation.

I admit it; I can't entirely disagree with this.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I can. I know that that it is preferable and even enjoyable to some people to assume that Occupiers don't have jobs, the majority of us do and the fact is that most of us stay local in order to keep those jobs. Some do travel for events such as these but again it is usually people that aren't beyond a few hours drive.

People also like to completely ignore the fact that there is active protest going on in DC, despite the fact that myself and others have repeated such information ad nauseum (Occupy K St, Occupy DC, Occupy Congress). Symbolism is important in a protest movement and I can hardly think of a more symbolic place to protest against loss of liberty and to have conversations on how to get it back, than Philadelphia.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If the OCCUTARDS had any type of coherent message, they may have been taken seriously. They have lost their 30 minutes of fame and have evolved into the sham protest they started as. They should do them a favor and break out the fire hoses, they get a bath and it will be very warm outside.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

I live in Jacksonville, I would like the OCCUTARDS to disrupt my legal and taxpaying business or tresspass on my property. I do not need a badge to protect from the likes of you morons, yes I agree you are morons. it is a shame most of the OCCUTARDS are college educated but a brains full of mush taught by liberal slime mongers. What next you will be rioting to get your loans paid, you voted for OBAMA suffer. Get a job

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by wagnificent

I live in Jacksonville, I would like the OCCUTARDS to disrupt my legal and taxpaying business or tresspass on my property. I do not need a badge to protect from the likes of you morons, yes I agree you are morons. it is a shame most of the OCCUTARDS are college educated but a brains full of mush taught by liberal slime mongers. What next you will be rioting to get your loans paid, you voted for OBAMA suffer. Get a job

There are times when I honestly wonder whether or not someone is successfully carrying out a rottweiler/human hybrid breeding program, in America.

edit on 3-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

You wouldn't happen to sell bath salts would you?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Also, I continue to admire your tenacity, Kali, even if I do suspect it is largely for a lost cause. Jibeho, beezzer, and their conservative ilk are not interested in anything remotely resembling rational debate, where Occupy are concerned. They troll, purely for the joy of trolling.

We can say whatever we like, and the response will always come directly from the perpetual tape loop inside their heads.

"Get a bath, a shave, and a job, filthy hippie scum."

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
And round and round it goes.

The evil bankers bought the corrupt politicians who enabled the evil bankers to bribe the corrupt politicians who made the laws so evil bankers could make money to bribe the corrpt politicians who paved the way for the evil bankers to kill tiny kittens that the corrupt politicians ate with lots of ketchup. . . . . .

I think that our grandchildren will be studying your statement. Sums it up nicely.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It may be a lost cause on ATS but not in life, I will continue fight for things I believe in... ignorance on this board has no effect on that. I enjoy debating differences of opinion, but more importantly I'm driven to correct dis/misinformation. They haven't seen it fist-hand but I have, I only wish that counted for more than biased opinions and outright lies put forth by their frequented media sources. Oh well, let the debates continue... lol.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Also, I continue to admire your tenacity, Kali, even if I do suspect it is largely for a lost cause. Jibeho, beezzer, and their conservative ilk are not interested in anything remotely resembling rational debate, where Occupy are concerned. They troll, purely for the joy of trolling.

We can say whatever we like, and the response will always come directly from the perpetual tape loop inside their heads.

You Rang? I'm here just like Kali to correct the slew of misinformation that lies out there regarding the Occupy movement. I just take a different perspective and that is apparently "wrong" with you guys. I see what you folks can't see.

You all seem to be afflicted with "Occupy Myopia". You can't see or hear anything that goes on beyond the "mic check" and the General Assembly (of a "leaderless" movement). You refuse to accept the hand holding between the radicals and the Ruckus bunch with the bongo beaters and the Leaders who are pulling all of your strings from the comfort of a nice suite on the Upper East Side. The links to union muscle and corruption etc etc... I could do this all day...

"troll" I guess I should say the same about all of you when you come crashing into threads to share your own opinions. I'll try not to....

Cheers!
edit on 3-7-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Who said you couldn't share your opinion? My point with my last post is, you would know how ridiculous your claims are if you actually went and observed yourself. You don't need to agree or even like us. In these whole 9 months, I haven't been offered money, haven't seen much union activity, not heard "Ruckus Bunch" from anyone but you, nor George Soros... if there's money involved, we're sure as hell not seeing it. What exactly is your problem with the Ruckus bunch and bongos anyway?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I'd love to sit and debate their message.

Um, what is it?

A central theme?

Core values?

Can they get on the same page?

Your definition of troll?
"Someone who doesn't agree with me".
edit on 3-7-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join