It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft - looking for partners !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi all fellow ATSers.

I am a WoW player who's looking for friends to share the gaming.

Background

I am now playing the game for over 3 years (right in WotLK) and am enjoying 8 max level characters with a small high level PVE experience. I have an extensive knowledge of the game, all its history, very thorough knowledge of the game, maps, instances, strats, professions, high feats, etc.

Now, what then?

I once was part of a guild with a few online friends. Sadly enough, many of them have left the game, and the former friend (yes... that's sad, but that's life) with who I founded the guild decided to give us up, get his own way and ignore my existence.

So I am basically the only member left of the guild... But I would like to recruit, build a decent roster, and have fun together!

Who, what then?

I am looking for players on European realms, preferably in French as all my characters sit on French speaking severs.

Because of my life and work, I play, so to say, only during weekends. I also play when I am off work, but that is not necessarily during holiday periods.

I can provide a lot of help to new players, and I am certainly patient enough.

So, thus...

I am inviting interested players to contact me in a U2U where I'll give them more info on how to contact me in game.

It doesn't take a lot to repopulate a guild with its little history and give it a second life. I can help provide a lot of help for new or returning players, including components for professions, weapons & armors, gold, experience, and even some power-leveling with my maxed-out characters.

Send me a U2U without hesitation, even if you're not ready to migrate your character, we can still group through different servers now, and help each other there. Don't be shy!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

After the recent Panda expansion, I don't think many people respect what has become of WOW. I used to play but not anymore, sorry/

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

No, not necessarily. The game has changed, definitely, it has evolved, definitely. Whether it is better or worse is a question of personal taste.

Personally, I can't say I have played before BC. I had tested it at the time (free account), but actually bought the game much later. To find it quite different, I reckon, and it has since then changed a lot more.

What I can say is that, overall, it is true I find it easier than before. As I am not exactly a high level hardcore gamer, I can't find this change to be a bad one. However, I reckon many high level players have left, and it has obviously "casualised" the game, which is not always a good thing.

But this being said, it is very possible to run a group a people in the "good old spirit", even if the game is substantially more accessible and easier to play, and to have a great deal of fun in it.

Where people go and rant about many things in the game, they forget the main important thing: it is a game that they play, not a duty to fulfill, not a job to do. Those who play with this spirit have forgotten the main part of playing a MMORPG.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

No, not necessarily. The game has changed, definitely, it has evolved, definitely. Whether it is better or worse is a question of personal taste.

Personally, I can't say I have played before BC. I had tested it at the time (free account), but actually bought the game much later. To find it quite different, I reckon, and it has since then changed a lot more.

What I can say is that, overall, it is true I find it easier than before. As I am not exactly a high level hardcore gamer, I can't find this change to be a bad one. However, I reckon many high level players have left, and it has obviously "casualised" the game, which is not always a good thing.

But this being said, it is very possible to run a group a people in the "good old spirit", even if the game is substantially more accessible and easier to play, and to have a great deal of fun in it.

Where people go and rant about many things in the game, they forget the main important thing: it is a game that they play, not a duty to fulfill, not a job to do. Those who play with this spirit have forgotten the main part of playing a MMORPG.

Yeah your probably right, WOW isn't going to die but its golden age has definately passed. If your having fun with the game then good for you, and if your looking for WOW players then it might be best to visit one of their forums. But I'm sure there are a few ATS members who play it, since there are literally millions of us on here.

And if you ever get tired of it there are some pretty good new mmorpgs that have just came out, and some of them don't even have monthly subscrptions!!!

EDIT: Oh my god, I just realised you have less than 1000 posts and you only have about 400 stars yet you have been here since 2004!!!!
Hell I have more than you (not to brag) and I've only been here a few months!!
Whats your story man?
edit on 2-7-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

EDIT: Oh my god, I just realised you have less than 1000 posts and you only have about 400 stars yet you have been here since 2004!!!!
Hell I have more than you (not to brag) and I've only been here a few months!!
Whats your story man?
edit on 2-7-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

Yeah I'm just not a big poster. (not criticising anything but) I am not just replying to anything and everything for the sole purpose of accumulating points and stars and what have you. I try to stick to good and important stuff and write something useful as much as possible.

Completely off topic but less than 1000 posts, 400 stars (probably most of them in recent posts, as this exists only for a short time out of 8 years
), 140 flags (incl. over 100 on my best thread) and 17 applauses in total, that shows the kind of poster I am.

Anyway, yes I'm enjoying the game, I enjoy (some) farming, I enjoy collecting rares, mounts, pets, etc., I enjoy playing and "getting away from it all"!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Wow thats awesome I wish I could be as relaxed about it as you, and 17 applauses!!
How did you manage that? I've only got one

Anyways nice to hear your having fun with it, its always good to get away from life for a bit.

new topics

top topics

join