It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whom exactly is TPTB? or Who do you think is TPTB?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Is it really the countries that are rich, or just the shareholders of companies/corporations in those countries?

and are the shareholders of these corporations all citizens of that country? But I guessing they would all pay taxes on income anyhow ? (oh wait, not if they know how to avoid it )

Seems misleading to say the richest countries, when it seems more like the richest individuals/or share holders of corporations within the country,and some may not even be citizens?

I know diddly squat about economics, so maybe you could explain to me how that list was derived, and and what it means in terms of the country.

I can understand if the answer would take too long to explain..but I am curious.

edit on 2-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

G'day manhater

Thanks for asking the question. Have you noticed that there are a lot of answers that are really NON answers? It sort of shows that maybe some people are really only worried about the ficticious "they". In other words, some people seem to THINK there must be a group or just go along with everybody else but don't really have a clue if there are TPTB or not. Just a thought. My answer is .... I have no idea. So sorry I can't help you out.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Is it really the countries that are rich, or just the shareholders of companies/corporations in those countries?

and are the shareholders of these corporations all citizens of that country? But I guessing they would all pay taxes on income anyhow ? (oh wait, not if they know how to avoid it )

Seems misleading to say the richest countries, when it seems more like the richest individuals/or share holders of corporations within the country,and some may not even be citizens?

I know diddly squat about economics, so maybe you could explain to me how that list was derived, and and what it means in terms of the country.

I can understand if the answer would take too long to explain..but I am curious.

`

Well these numbers represent the current bank account balance of each country. This is published by the CIA website. I am not an expert or well trained in economics either. I can quote what it says at the top of this list.

www.cia.gov...

This entry records a country's net trade in goods and services, plus net earnings from rents, interest, profits, and dividends, and net transfer payments (such as pension funds and worker remittances) to and from the rest of the world during the period specified. These figures are calculated on an exchange rate basis, i.e., not in purchasing power parity (PPP) terms.

As you can see the UK and USA are way at the bottom with negative account balances. Yet we know that many Corporations in America have huge income. So I don't think this list directly reflects the private business within those countries.

It just shows which countries are sustaining and building wealth while other countries are about to collapse under a sea of debt. Many of the countries at the top of the list don't have a large population in comparison to some.

Yet other like Russia and China are high on that list and also have large populations.

You can find other comparisons between countries if you navigate that webpage. Here are some other choices.

www.cia.gov...

GDP (purchasing power parity):
GDP real growth rate:
GDP - per capita (PPP):
Labor force:
Unemployment rate:
Distribution of family income - Gini Index:
Investment (gross fixed):
Taxes and other revenues:
Budget surplus (+) or deficit:
Public debt:
Inflation rate (consumer prices):
Central bank discount rate:
Commercial bank prime lending rate:
Stock of broad money:
Stock of narrow money:
Stock of domestic credit:
Market value of publicly traded shares:
Industrial production growth rate:
Electricity - production:
Electricity - consumption:
Electricity - exports:
Electricity - imports:
Oil - production:
Oil - consumption:
Oil - exports:
Oil - imports:
Oil - proved reserves:
Natural gas - production:
Natural gas - consumption:
Natural gas - exports:
Natural gas - imports:
Natural gas - proved reserves:
Current account balance:
Exports:
Imports:
Reserves of foreign exchange and gold:
Debt - external:
Stock of direct foreign investment - at home:
Stock of direct foreign investment - abroad:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Okay, let's proceed by elimination. TPTB is not Love. Nor Peace... Maybe TPTB is George Clooney?... No, don't makes sense... Wait! I think I got it! Maybe TPTB is the Biggest Bunch Of Mentally Handicaped People Who Thinks That Funding Wars And Desinformation Will Let Them Control The World!
Nice to see you again, mate.
I gave you a star.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709

G'day manhater

Thanks for asking the question. Have you noticed that there are a lot of answers that are really NON answers? It sort of shows that maybe some people are really only worried about the ficticious "they". In other words, some people seem to THINK there must be a group or just go along with everybody else but don't really have a clue if there are TPTB or not. Just a thought. My answer is .... I have no idea. So sorry I can't help you out.

Yes I noticed, that's why I asked.

You keep hearing the words thrown around but none to point it too.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I would of least taken Brad Pitt over George Clooney any-day.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

TPTB depends on where you be and what you be talking about.

If you are talking about Global military power. I would say it's divided between NATO and the BRICS.

If you're talking about monetary power or if you talking religious power or if you're talking about individuals.

You need to be more specific about the subject. There are lots of PTB.

I think you are probably referring to things like the Global elite. Well it's a huge list.

However it may vary depending on where they come from. China is a huge super power nowadays.

Brazil, Russia, India,China and South Africa = BRICS nations are becoming stronger allies and are competing with Western economies.

Maybe this will help. These diagrams are usually who people are referring to.

Groups like the UN, CFR, Trilateral commission, Royal Society, Bilderbergs

edit on 7/2/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Difficult to pin down exactly but I think this book goes a long way toward doing that and taking names.

Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time

The archetype of "Tragedy and Hope" is the work of Procopius, a courtier in the time of the Byzantine emperor Justinian, whose official history, the " De Aedificiis," celebrated the accomplishments of his monarch - but who supplemented it with a secret history, the "Anecdota," in which he spilled the dirt on the emperor and his wife Theodora.
Much of the interest in Quigley's book centers around his dirt-spilling account of the machinations of international bankers and of the organizations they formed to exert influence behind-the-scenes on political and diplomatic activity, such as the Round Table, the Royal Institute of International Affairs and the Council on Foreign Relations.
While his discussion of these matters occupies a fairly small number of the book's 1300-odd pages, it has drawn the attention of so-called "conspiracy theorists," mostly on the political right (e.g. the John Birch Society) but also some on the left, such as the sociologist G. William Domhoff, who pursue much the same theme - that the domestic and international policy of the United States (and other countries) are manipulated by a "power élite" in a way that makes their supposed democracy largely a sham.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is a supposed list of names of people who are part of "The Committee of 300"

Watch this video for more

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The Rothchilds.

And some people believe the Zionists.

edit on 2-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When I was a kid, it was my parents.

As an adult, it's now who ever is selling me coffee and/or beer.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This video is 5 hours long. You can also find divided into separate parts on youtube.

Part 1 of 29

Full Version

www.youtube.com...

Although geographically separate, the city-states of London, the Vatican, and the District of Colombia are one interlocking empire called Empire of The City. The flag of Washington's District of Colombia has three red stars, one for each city-state in the three city empire.

This Corporate Empire of three city-states controls the world economically through London's inner-city, militarily through the District of Colombia, and spiritually through the Vatican. From the mystery religions of ancient Egypt to the Zionist role in 9/11, Ring Of Power unrevises 4000 years of revisionist human history with never -- before -- seen revelations.

Ring Of Power puzzles together the pieces of a giant puzzle into one BIG PICTURE documentary series. ABOUT THE PRODUCER: The Producer is an experienced, award winning documentary filmmaker who, as a child, learned that her father was a member of the secretive cult of Freemasonry.

From the mystery religions of ancient Egypt to the Zionist role in 9/11, "Ring Of Power" unrevises 4000 years of revisionist human history with never - before - seen revelations. "Ring Of Power" puzzles together the pieces of a giant puzzle into one BIG PICTURE documentary series. The Producer is an experienced, award winning documentary filmmaker who, as a child, learned that her father was a member of the secretive cult of Freemasonry.

She recalls many arguments between her parents over her father's secret meetings and the exclusion of women from the brotherhood. The Masonic ring that her father wore had been passed down from father to son over the generations. When she asked her father about the meaning of the letter "G" and the compass and square on his ring, she got no response. As an adult, she decided to investigate. That investigation grew into four years of intensive research into the identity and history of the diabolical globalists who she calls the "Ring Of Power". Their goal is one World Empire and one world ruler.

Episode I: 9/11 THE UNTOLD STORY (38 min.) Half the world believes Muslims were responsible for 9/11. The other half believes Israeli Zionists were responsible. Whos right?

Episode II: HIDDEN EMPIRE (22 min.) The worlds most powerful empire is not the U.S.A. It is an empire that insiders call Empire Of The City.

Episode III: TRAIL OF THE PHARAOHS (25 min.) Did the Biblical Abraham really live to be 175? Did Moses really turn staffs into snakes and rivers into blood?

Episode IV: GOD AND THE QUEEN (30 min.) Genealogy charts show that British and French royalty are descendants of Mary Magdalene and Jesus Christ. Is it true?

Episode V: ALL THE QUEENS MEN (22 min.) How rich and powerful is Queen Elizabeth II?«

Episode VI: THE GODFATHERS (30 min.) They scammed control of the Bank of England and the U.S. Federal Reserve, then they found GOD -- Gold, Oil and Drugs.

Episode VII: CHEATING AT MONOPOLY (52 min.) How many people would play a game of monopoly if the banker was cheating and fixing the rules? Over 6 billion.

Episode VIII: ASSES OF EVIL (29 min.) The New World Order Mafia are invisible rulers who make puppets out of politicians, heroes out of villains and villains out of heroes.

Episode IX: KING OF HEARTS (22 min.) The ultimate goal of "insiders" is to disarm the world and create one world empire under one world ruler. Who is he?

Episode X: SOLUTIONS (28 min.) Protesting and writing letters to deaf politicians doesn't work. What does work?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Dude, STOP OVERLOADING US WITH TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

PLEASE!

Nobody's going to watch a five hour long video. People have trouble watching a twenty minute long video.

You don't have to overload us with really large bright and shiny pictures either.

To be certain, there is a lot of information out there that people should watch and read about, but most people on a forum like this don't have long attention spans and want to keep things summarized and short and sweet.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Dude [insert T&C violation here]

Why don't you speak for yourself. OK

Do you think you're TPTB here?

I don't really care what your opinion is. I will post what I want.

If you don't want to watch it you don't have to.

But don't assume everyone else is as ignorant as you.

You posted the same typical answer a 12 yr old could come up with.

"Dude it's the Rothschilds man"

Whatever you say Sadam

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Dude, STOP OVERLOADING US WITH TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

PLEASE!

Nobody's going to watch a five hour long video. People have trouble watching a twenty minute long video.

You don't have to overload us with really large bright and shiny pictures either.

To be certain, there is a lot of information out there that people should watch and read about, but most people on a forum like this don't have long attention spans and want to keep things summarized and short and sweet.

I was going to say the same thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I was going to say the same thing.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was a troll thread. No wonder you have no idea who TPTB are.

You don't really want to know do you? Was this whole thing just a sarcastic rhetorical question?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, technically. It was both.

I don't believe in this nonsense.

But if you do, okay by me..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
TPTB = The latest fashionable Scapegoat in the long line of other scapegoats in History, both ancient aswell as modern, that people have blamed everything crappy in life for, including Satan, Demons, Witches, Jews, Witches, Gay Agendas, and what have you.

Nothing new, just a fad that will eventually be replaced by another one so that people can tell themselves that they don't have any own responsibility for their actions in life, and more importantly, so that they have something to be angry at for every crap that happends in life.

That being said, I fully believe that there are alot that is withheld from the public on several matters, and I am also fully open for the possibility that some fashion of secet society/ies could be lurking behind the curtains, but if so, they are apparently not very successfull in what they are claimed to be doing, considering that dates and "predictions" for all sorts of stuff these guys are said to be up to, always comes and goes like any other day.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

your name clearly fits your attitude

it's only nonsense for those who haven't done the research

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

Originally posted by Manhater

your name clearly fits your attitude

it's only nonsense for those who haven't done the research

I only have so much time on my hands, between school and work. Besides mowing my yard and keeping up with the house alone.

You want me to watch a 5 hour to a 6 hour long video for Christ sake. But you won't tell me nothing about it.. So, why should I watch it in the first place?

It's not giving me credited hours.

Like really dudes. Come on.

I can't do everything.

edit on 2-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join