It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Care may save states billions!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Now that we are going to be required to purchase health care or pay a fine I can no longer understand why the Medicaid system would need to exist. When someone owns a car they are required to have auto insurance if they do not they are fined. There are no subsidized auto insurance policies available for someone that cannot afford auto insurance or is poor. It seems to me that health insurance should be the same way. Plus, if they continue the Medicaid system then its coverage will have to be adjusted so that it is not offering greater coverage than the least expensive mandatory health insurance policy someone is required to have. It would disenfranchise those that must pay for insurance if the policy they must purchase offers substandard or less coverage than Medicaid which others are receiving for free or at no cost. President Obama wants everything to be fair to all. We all see that he is a fair man and would never let this take place. Excuse me I just threw up in my mouth.

Really, how will this issue be addressed? What are the policies going to look like that meet the mandatory requirements so I do not incur a fine for not having coverage? What is this policy going to cost me? Why would Medicaid need to exist anymore? The new law is very clear everyone is required to have health care coverage or be fined. So you’re unemployed, no place to live, no money for food, but I must have health care insurance. Food or health care coverage....which do I choose? This is crazy we have gained nothing but a big damn headache. I do not get it. What am I missing? I think getting people employed would do much more for everyone having the ability to receiving health care vs. making it mandatory that I purchase this fantasy policy that does not exist at a cost that remains to be a mystery.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

Yes. And Amtrak is a HUGE SUCCESS. Government is a huge money saver. They are so efficient. Just count on it. Just look at the post office.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Id like to know these questions aswell. I don't have health care at the moment because I choose not to. Is it no longer a matter of choice? Am I now required to pay for health coverage that ill most likely will not use for 10 years or more?

I just dont know much about this obamacare but I know im rather healthy and rarely need to go to the hospital.

watch, now that we all are forced to pay insurance some radical flu will sweep across the US. obama will be praised for making health care a requirement because thats what saves our lives. lol had to add that, this is a conspiracy site after all

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It seems that there are still a few whom are not sure what the Healthcare coverages are and who needs to pay and who is exempted. Perhaps the media and grassroot organisations should spend more efforts to reach out to others, to explain and clarify clearly.

But ultimately, the onus is still upon one to WANT to comprehend it. If belligerance rules. they will only fall into politically motivated schemes to win opposition votes, not for the sake of the country, but for personal agendas of greed and power. Ignorances are the major culprits to Democracy, for the ignorant are often made use of and have their free will stolen.

The truth of the matter is that Healthcare will save the nation billions.

Many fools believed that they should not pay for healthcare (or even idiotically call for a rebellion over this issue), and yet, when they fall ill or have medical issues or emergencies, as ALL humans do, where do they go?

They go to the Public hospitals emergency wards and get treated 'FREE', because american doctors will not turn away anyone, or hospital administrators force the poor to pay, unlike repressive nations such as China that turns away patients if they cannot pay, and left to die.

In truth, it is not 'FREE' as those fools believed. Someone else have to pay for the time, efforts and materials. It doesnt drop from the sky. The bills are charged to the federal budgets and deficits and through it, the National Debt, which means EVERYONE is paying for it, and IN FULL, to the tune of billions each year, even to the innocent next generations.

Wherelse, if everyone shares that healthcare costs through insurance schemes, those BILLS can be offset and paid by insurance firms using ethical capitalist methods to invest it for returns and growth, that the govts cannot as it does not indulges in private enterprises, or at least not as full fledged insurance entities. It would mean Billions off the national debts onces healthcare kicks in and shared by all.

Liberty and equality for all, by all means, but then, why should others be made to pay, worse, in FULL to the National Debt, when those whom are not poor, are fully capable of sharing those costs, refuse to pay up when being humans, they would naturally need medical care in their lifetimes, and shoulder that responsibility of society?
edit on 2-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Employers had that added responsiblity to provide healthcare, simply because their workers spend most of their waking hours working for them.

They cannot simply shirk from such responsibilities, as workers who have poor health will only lead to low productivity and thus profits to the company.

Very often, those costs are added to a product or service costs. It is only conscionable to do so, and to compete in the free market, not by cutting corners or treating workers as mules. Even mules get vets medical attention when they fall ill, how more humans?

It is only countries like China or Russia that treat humans worse than mules. Should USA follow suit, and buy products and services from such HumanEnslavers?

The only TRUE way to beat competition for Employers is to ensure lower premiums, and that is by ensuring that all workers remain healthy, adopt healthy lifestyles and work in a healthy environment.

There is no need to force anyone, or discriminate against those with health problems, but only simply by encouraging them towards better health, with pay increments or bonuses tied to improved health consciousness, measured by amount of sick leaves or hospitalization stays due to company's poor working environment which is the fault of the company and should be rectified by management so as to stay profitable - issues that human have control over, and never to blame or ostracize any worker if the fault lays with acts of nature or the environment instead

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

You sound a little confused. Medicaid is remaining, in fact, it's being expanded to include people making up to 133% of the federal poverty level. I think that's about $18,000/year. In addition to that, if your state willfully expands its medicaid program to include up to or more than 133% of the poverty level the federal government will pay for the states program up to 90%.

So if you're unemployed or underemployed you're likely eligible for medicaid under Obamacare and will face no 'fine' or 'tax' of any sort.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

OK, so what if I do not qualify for Medicaid because I make $2,000 to much and I have to purchase insurance. The insurance I purchase, will it be equal to the coverage provided by Medicaid. What are my premiums going to be? Currently, in Kentucky if you are in good health and wanted a policy that is equivalent to Medicaid it would cost you about $600+ a month for a man and $1000.00 a month for a women that can still have children. So unless you are making about $12,000 over the magic poverty number you’re going to be hit hard. Once again how is this helping? It a disaster in the making. How many Americans go to England, Canada, or other socialized medicine countries for medical services? VERY FEW. The reasons why services are not available, waiting time to receive services are measured in months, and basically services are substandard. I guess that is what we are shooting for. Insure everyone and provide crappy care. Such a wonderful goal to achieve.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

The law places much of your problems on your state to decide how to fulfill. Kentucky should be both expanding their medicaid coverage and should be setting up a group insurance type plan to lower the costs of health insurance, this is the state health exchange that the law requries states to develop. You should be getting a tax break if you manage to get some form of health insurance to help cover the costs as well in 2014, when the tax/fine is levied upon you if you don't have insurance.

Fortunately, Steve Beshear, has stated he will begin implementing the state exchange and the medicaid expansion in Kentucky. Give it time, it's not the end of the world. You still have another two years before you really have to worry about paying a tax/fine.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Save?? Really?

The National Governors Association (NGA) reports states are facing a collective $95 billion budget shortfall this year alone. But ObamaCare's expansion of Medicaid will force an additional $118 billion in unfunded mandates onto the states through 2023.

When the Senate was voting on the health-care bill in 2010, we suggested anyone who voted for it ought to serve as a governor and actually try to implement its new mandates and costs. That's the real trick—implementing a more than $2.5 trillion bill that increases costs in a health-care system that is already too expensive, and doing so when state budgets have been roiled by recession.

online.wsj.com...

"save" is not part of the government vernacular as long as they have tax payers to fund their madness!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The federal government is going to pay for 100% of the states' cost of medicaid for three years after the mandate take effect, then the feds are going to pay for 90% every year after that. Only if the states want them to.

The federal government is offering to give the states $258 billion collectively. If any of those state governors really can't tell that $258 billion coming in is better than $118 billion going out then they should probably figure out how to add and subtract.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The auto insurance analogy is flawed. Government mandates only a portion of auto insurance. The only auto insurance that is mandated is liability. You do not have to cover yourself or your stuff. I was the left would drop this mime.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm looking for someone who is against Obama care that has actually researched it's provisions and isn't a millionaire.
Please don't reply if research is from televised media or political sources.

I don't think this person exists.
edit on 4-7-2012 by fripw because: missed a word

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fripw

Please don't reply if research is from televised media or political sources.

Why did you make a thread then?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

It depends on the state. My state actuallyl provides MAIF for people who are not eligible for insurance otherwise.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Very good post. Might I add, Walmart's Healthcare strategy is to dump their sick to the states which costs each state billions of dollar while Walmart has record profits. Not to mention that Walmart took out insurance policies on their employees so that they could profit off of their illness/death.

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
It seems that there are still a few whom are not sure what the Healthcare coverages are and who needs to pay and who is exempted. Perhaps the media and grassroot organisations should spend more efforts to reach out to others, to explain and clarify clearly.

But ultimately, the onus is still upon one to WANT to comprehend it. If belligerance rules. they will only fall into politically motivated schemes to win opposition votes, not for the sake of the country, but for personal agendas of greed and power. Ignorances are the major culprits to Democracy, for the ignorant are often made use of and have their free will stolen.

The truth of the matter is that Healthcare will save the nation billions.

Many fools believed that they should not pay for healthcare (or even idiotically call for a rebellion over this issue), and yet, when they fall ill or have medical issues or emergencies, as ALL humans do, where do they go?

They go to the Public hospitals emergency wards and get treated 'FREE', because american doctors will not turn away anyone, or hospital administrators force the poor to pay, unlike repressive nations such as China that turns away patients if they cannot pay, and left to die.

In truth, it is not 'FREE' as those fools believed. Someone else have to pay for the time, efforts and materials. It doesnt drop from the sky. The bills are charged to the federal budgets and deficits and through it, the National Debt, which means EVERYONE is paying for it, and IN FULL, to the tune of billions each year, even to the innocent next generations.

Wherelse, if everyone shares that healthcare costs through insurance schemes, those BILLS can be offset and paid by insurance firms using ethical capitalist methods to invest it for returns and growth, that the govts cannot as it does not indulges in private enterprises, or at least not as full fledged insurance entities. It would mean Billions off the national debts onces healthcare kicks in and shared by all.

Liberty and equality for all, by all means, but then, why should others be made to pay, worse, in FULL to the National Debt, when those whom are not poor, are fully capable of sharing those costs, refuse to pay up when being humans, they would naturally need medical care in their lifetimes, and shoulder that responsibility of society?
edit on 2-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Rich people, IE those who make buttloads of money like $50,000 a year will have to pay. Poor people like me who make $10,000 a year get free healthcare. Poor people are not required to buy insurance. We need medicare because of poor people who can't afford these stupidly expensive insurance plans. I once had a construction job where they had insurance. It had a $700 deductible. That is not insurance. It is a complete waste of money. I quit the job when I was told I HAD to pay for it. They should have banned deductibles. They make most insurance plans useless.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Can't create a new thread. I guess I need 20 posts first.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Can't create a new thread. I guess I need 20 posts first.

oops double post
edit on 4-7-2012 by fripw because: oops double post

new topics

top topics

join