It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I’m back, at least for a few minutes. Then I’m going on my vacation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hi.

I took a break today not only from ATS but from the internet, my computer, my phone and my tv. I did listen to the radio most of the day.

You wouldn’t believe how much I accomplished! Well maybe you would I don’t know. I got caught up on my laundry, washed the dog, cleaned pretty much my whole apartment and that’s what this is kinda all about.

I was cleaning out my desk going through a bunch of notes and paperwork when I found the account info. for a different ATS account. I didn’t get banned or anything I just lost my password and I couldn’t access the email account I used so I just created this account.

Just out of curiosity I logged into the other account. Of course it worked but I just logged back out, I didn’t even check the profile page. It did get me thinking about something.

If I wanted to I could've logged into that account on another device and basically comment on a thread as two different users. What if I had three devices or four!

I have ‘discussed’ topics where looking back I really believe this was happening. Maybe not but…..I think it happens.

So then I wondered how many people are there on ATS? Am I talking with 100’s of different people or 10’s of different people?

Well I threw the password away so I only have one account which is enough.

C Ya.

CX

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Have a great vacation mate...and yes, it is amazing how productive we can be when the computer is off.

In fact my most productive times are during power cuts funnily enough. Might just go and pull the fuse right now.

CX.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Everyone on ATS is me. I'm so tired of logging in and logging out.

Thank god you're leaving for a break, maybe I can have a cuppa coffee..

whew..

Can you pm me @ skepticoverlord@ats.com when you get back? I need to be prepared..

such is life.

-- PS - I know what you're really up to.. you don't fool us!! I mean Me..

edit on 2-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

You see I'm trying to be serious and well I guess what comes around goes around or whatever.

Not sure what your p.s. means but I could just be saying that.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by mainidh

You see I'm trying to be serious and well I guess what comes around goes around or whatever.

Not sure what your p.s. means but I could just be saying that.

You were trying to be serial? On the interwebs??

I dun believe you.

8]

I still know what you're up to you crazy fool you!!

*winks*

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Sound's to me like you're trying to cover your tracks in case you get caught with that second account

I do think it happens more than we all know.It would be that easy to get away with it.But really who does that?
It's amazing what we accomplish when we turn off the computer and turn our attention to things that need to be done.

I hope you enjoy your vacation !

ETA: To clarify,it's pretty easy to pick those people out.They have a similar posting style in the sense that their replies are the same...and usually their threads have a similar tone too.Not going to name anyone,but here's a hint...I suspect one is posting in this thread right now! (and no,it isn't the op)

edit on 2-7-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Something says, I should take a vacation and get off my behind to clean the house as well. Been so worn down and tired that I haven't the energy to do anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

So then I wondered how many people are there on ATS? Am I talking with 100’s of different people or 10’s of different people?

You can go to the "Forums" page and at the very bottom is a list of all the members who are logged in.

I can't tell you how many of those people use multiple accounts. I have seen "debunkers" of certain topics use that technique to try to pretend that others agree with them.

I rarely see more than 500 users logged in at any one time. Right now as I post this it says that 287 people are logged in. That number includes the mods and staff members.

new topics

top topics

join