It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me playing Metallica's "Orion"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What do you think?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-7-2012 by 27th Aquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 27th Aquarius

Right on brother... you rocked it!

One of my fav metallica songs

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Good choice !!

Hit the mark all the way man, good!!.. I did notice that you didn't use two strings for the slow middle part, a part which I need very light strings for because I can't get the tone other wise, and I could tell it was a single string for your part, but you got it down well!!

Also, you didn't do the duguduguna naa naa bit where kirk does it at the start, and went for the chords - I've never thought to do that, I always do that, but then I make it hard to play

Good sounding setup you have too I have to say!

You pharaoh you !!

more more more more!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Good choice !!

Hit the mark all the way man, good!!.. I did notice that you didn't use two strings for the slow middle part, a part which I need very light strings for because I can't get the tone other wise, and I could tell it was a single string for your part, but you got it down well!!

Also, you didn't do the duguduguna naa naa bit where kirk does it at the start, and went for the chords - I've never thought to do that, I always do that, but then I make it hard to play

Good sounding setup you have too I have to say!

You pharaoh you !!

more more more more!!!

Awesome man, thanks. That "doguduguna" part is Cliffs bass part I think you're talking about. I have a lot of things coming out soon, my band is also recording our album. Visit my website and follow me on one of the social media sites you use www.DanielMessemer.com

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Haha nah the bit where Kirk .. oh its impossible to say in text, but while you were playing the chords, kirk was doing the fast plucking frantic bit..

haha doesn't matter, just followed you in twitter and fb!

Looking forward to hearing more man, definitely stiking my ear out !!

Pete!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Great job. How is that Line6 head working out for you?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

WooHoo!!!!! Dude, that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

HELL YEA DUDE! Right on!! You were SPOT ON!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Great job. How is that Line6 head working out for you?

Thanks, the head is pretty good...it gets the job done. I would like a marshall cab though, the krank is all right but marshall is the way to go!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I want to tell you that was good. But I want to mention one thing. True Musical talent lies in your own creativity, not just being able to play, but being able to create something new and uniquely your own. While you first have to learn to play by playing already created pieces, you find if you have talent when you create music.

It comes from your own soul.

Good Luck

S&F
edit on 2-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

I want to tell you that was good. But I want to mention one thing. True Musical talent lies in your own creativity, not just being able to play, but being able to create something new and uniquely your own. While you first have to learn to play by playing already created pieces, you find if you have talent when you create music.

It comes from your own soul.

Good Luck

S&F
edit on 2-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

How's this? This is my band Insignia...we're recording next month and rerecording this song as well. www.InsigniaMusic.net

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I apologize for only now seeing your reply. I will give you honesty, it is what I am best at anyway

It is commercial, but this is not a bad thing as commercial sells. You need a better sound man, whoever you have sucks. Work in a section with lead guitar, this can make a huge difference.

Other than that you have a great sound which will sell. Your lead singer has a great voice, an excellent addition. Your songs are not all the same therefore a sound which would make an album..... I would buy it.

Who are you recording with, who signed you?
edit on 3-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Love your band!!! Keep up the good work!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
We're recording at Criteria "The Hit Factory" in Miami....the version in the video was a demo and even the video was put together in like 3 hours, that's why the vocals aren't synced...don't worry the final product will be coming soon. I'm just putting everything in place (band website, my website, and my YouTube videos to get some kind of audience out there)

Thanks for the feedback!

top topics

join