It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleepy Wolfeboro New Hampshire wakes up with Mitt Romney Vacation:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Coast Guard boats. Men in dark glasses driving S.U.V.’s. Pasty reporters, drinking up the sunlight with notepads and cameras in hand. The signs pointed to just one thing: Mitt Romney, currently Wolfeboro’s most famous summer resident and the presumed Republican nominee for president, was in town.

www.nytimes.com...

Long Time residents of Wolfeboro state that the Romney's are generally down to earth low key vacationers who enjoy taking bike rides around the neighborhood and playing in the lake off their dock. Residents worry that because of politics and popularity, the Romney's may not be able to enjoy their vacation with as much solitary as they once had.

Whatever their political beliefs residents of this sleepy New Hampshire town say that Romney and his family have always been "regular people" and very low key.

David Hemenway has Romney books for sale advertised in his Bookstore window. Even facing criticisms from his customers, he says that Romney is here and you should know who's running for President. Aside from that, there is hardly any political activism going on.

One resident inquired that its not a political town. The Romney's come here to relax and be on vacation. Nobody cares who he is.

In the past:
Someone saw him doing his own shopping at Hunter’s grocery down on Main
Someone spotted him piloting his modest Boston Whaler under the bridge, with his wife, Ann, at his side (“You would expect someone with his money to have a bigger boat, but he tries to fit in”)
Someone waited on his family at dinner (“Just really nice and smiley and polite”)
edit on 1-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Cool story

2nd

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Thank you always hit and miss with this crowd about Romney.

However, let's see if they can hold off the politics and just talk about a man and his vacation!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yep just regular folks with $250 million dollars.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
and an elevator in his garage

everyone has one of those

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Can they not enjoy a vacation?

Romney has had a very tough primary battle he deserves some time off especially on the week of July 4!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
At least Romney can take a vacation without worrying that one of his houses will get foreclosed on. But please, lets all just kiss his butt because he is a rich republican douche.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Dear jjf3rd77,

Nice to see you again.

It sounds positive for Romney. It's got to help that the people who know him think he's a regular guy.

But I wonder about this out of touch business. Can a President really be "in touch?" What does that even mean? Is there a certain amount of money that makes you "out of touch?" Obama's worth over $10 million, that's a whole different world than the one I play in. Is he out of touch? (Hold the jokes for a minute.) The Queen of England has a net worth twice Romney's. Is she super out of touch?

I just don't see the connection.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If you can pay all the bills and still manage to put money in the bank, then you are out of touch with many of us. People I know have to decide whether to have car insurance or a place to live. Food or a telephone.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I myself reside in the Granite state about 20 miles north of Wolfeboro which is where my boss lives, and where my current job had its office before it moved in 2010.. I have never met Mr. Romney, but my boss has and his sons fiance actually waited on him a couple times at one of the fine dining establishments in town.. other than being "arrogant" and a "cheap tipper", havent heard much else about good ole' Mitt.. just my 1 Cent.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
At least Romney can take a vacation without worrying that one of his houses will get foreclosed on. But please, lets all just kiss his butt because he is a rich republican douche.

I make peanuts, I spend my money wisely, I live within my means, I can take a vacation without my house getting foreclosed on. Even rich people who live beyond their means get foreclosed on. Stop spewing bile.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The GameKeeper

If that is the worst you have heard then that is pretty amazing. How many people do you know that is the worst that can be said about them?

new topics

top topics

join