It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evergreen State SkySound Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thanks for coming,

I have decided to move this project forward so that I can get it over with. I posted my first thread regarding sky sounds in Marysville, Washington last week and I received many supportive posts from people in the area who confirmed that they too had heard strange sounds. This gave me an idea.

My idea is to have anyone from the area within 30 miles of Marysville, Washington to take a moment and answer the questions below. If you do this accurately I will use the information to triangulate on a map exactly where the sounds appear to be coming from. then I will go there and take video footage of whatever I see. It could be the next big viral investigation...Probably not but who else here is willing to do this? Come to think of it, if any of you would like to meet up in the area when we discover the general location and come with me to film it, I am game.

Here are the questions:

1: Date that you heard the sound? If not, Please describe it.
2: Did you take video or audio? Can you please post it in your post?
3: your general location? (City or street if you can be specific. I don't expect an address.)
4: Direction from your location? * (see below for instructions on how to answer this)

If you have any other questions that you think that I should ad to this list please let me know. I am keeping it brief as possible but I don't mind getting a little more detailed if someone thinks that it will help.

* So what I have done to determine the direction of the sound from my location is to go to google maps and point in the direction of the sound like so...

Then I put the circle around it and imagined 360 degrees with 0 starting at north. I determined that the sound from my location is coming from 330 degrees from North. Also I right clicked in Google Maps at my location then clicked "What is here" That gave me the GPS coordinates for my location. Once you have them PM me with the GPS coordinates please so that I may be as accurate as possible. Don't put the GPS in your post. For security reasons of course.

Lastly, this survey has a deadline. If we manage to gather enough people's participation by July 3rd at Noon, I will head out that afternoon and film it what I find at the location that we have determined. I will consider 4 a good number of participants but the more the better. Spread the word to family and friends and get me their info too. Anyone who has heard strange sounds in the area.

Good luck and thanks for coming.

Cheers

edit on 1-7-2012 by Mrgone because: misspeilled word

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

What kind of sound?

What have you heard in your area?

Please explain.

edit on 1-7-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
almost forgot to add this from the first post.

Jump to youtube cause I don't know how to post video yet

The video of what I have been hearing.

Cheers
edit on 1-7-2012 by Mrgone because: misspelled word

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Good for you for being willing to do this. Unfortunately I am in TN and unable to help, but I look forward to the results. I am happy someone is taking the initiative instead of just sitting behing their computer.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

Jump to youtube cause I don't know how to post video yet

Cheers
edit on 1-7-2012 by Mrgone because: misspelled word

How to post youtube vieos
edit on 1-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

How to post youtube vieos
edit on 1-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

Thank you so much for that link. I am greatful.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Is this not an oxymoron? Or something similar? Video is visual, audio is what you hear. I have a hard time taking seriously anything that substantiates itself with a youtube video.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idahomie

Is this not an oxymoron? Or something similar? Video is visual, audio is what you hear. I have a hard time taking seriously anything that substantiates itself with a youtube video.

no

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow! This has no traction at all.

I know that a lot of you out there are better at writting headlines than me. I challenge all of you to a headline contest that will get the people of Washington to check it out. The winner will win....respect

Help a brother out. I really wanted to do this and this seemed the place to start.

Post your best thread titles for this project here.

Thanks and cheers

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i'm not in the area but i hope your project get some responses. the sky sound thing seems to have died down and turned to booming and shaking. you could try to post in the main strange sound threat at the top of the forum........

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hey! I'm in Marysville, not really pm'ing you all the stuff, I figure it is past your deadline anyway. I have heard similar noises (from what I can make out on your video). I am near 67th and Grove if that helps at all... I moved hear from VA about 18 months ago and lived in VA all my life-for 32 years before we moved here. Right next to Langley AFB, 20 mins from NAS Oceana, nothing but various jet action. The noise that I keep hearing sounds like jet noise. Jets firing up and taking off mainly. Weather and other factors interfere with how far the noise can travel, so that could be why it isn't consistent at all. (If that is what it is). I hear it from the east and west, and I think I hear it from the west directly and east because it is bouncing off Mount Pilchuck. What is around you that it could be bouncing off?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thanks for reading this post but you can now consider this topic closed. I will not be monitoring this thread anymore.

Mrgone

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Thanks for reading this post but you can now consider this topic closed. I will not be monitoring this thread anymore.

Mrgone
Wow what happened to abruptly drop this?

top topics

join