It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad's forces on offensive; Moscow defends him again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
When are people going to see that the ME isn’t a playground for US/Israeli domination but rather a chessboard for the big game? Moscow just can’t seem to get enough of Assad and his radical, inept minions. It won’t be long until US and allies must wield the big sword once again; and whose fault will it be really?

Turkey, a NATO member that has turned against Assad and allowed its territory to become a rear base for rebels, has mobilized since Syrian forces shot down one of its jets 10 days ago. It sent forces towards the border this week and said it would treat Syrian troops approaching the frontier as hostile.

Top level diplomacy has so far been futile, and a much-anticipated meeting in Geneva on Saturday showed that Western and Arab states had yet to persuade Russia and China to drop support for Assad.
The two countries have repeatedly used veto power at the U.N. Security Council to block calls for Assad to leave power.

The meeting, convened by peace envoy Kofi Annan, agreed that Syria should seek a transitional unity government, but Moscow and Beijing successfully blocked language that would have suggested the new arrangement should exclude Assad.
link

Over 10,000 people have died in Syria so far, and China and Moscow are prolonging the agony. Where is the outrage from all the 'America haters' constantly bagging on the US over innocent deaths in the ME?

Do these deaths not count?

edit on 1-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It all depends on who you think is really at fault for all these (so called) deaths.
Anderson Cooper sure did a bang up job with his whole Danny segment.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

It all depends on who you think is really at fault for all these (so called) deaths.

So you question the number of deaths and who is at fault?

Please enlighten me…what do you think is going on there, sir?

I assume you believe the US is to blame for everything going on in Syria??

What role does Russia and China play then; are they the good guys?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't believe the MSM on this one at all !!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Actually, yeah....

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FawnyKate

Reuters is the MSM now?

Anyway, China and Russia have been backing him all along. What strikes you strange about this story?

As international leaders express outrage over mass killings in Syria -- and lament the inability to pass a U.N. Security Council resolution denouncing the Syrian regime -- questions linger about the two countries behind the impasse.

On Saturday, China and Russia vetoed a draft resolution that would have demanded Syrian President Bashar al-Assad stop the killing and answer calls aimed at finding a Syrian-led solution to the 11-month crisis.
Feb 5

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It won’t be long until US and allies must wield the big sword once again; and whose fault will it be really?

It will be Americas fault for once again sticking our noses in where it doesn't belong. We are the ones arming the rebels and setting them against Assad. Syria is another Afghanistan because we are giving arms to al-Qaeda who is also against Assad while forgetting these are the people we started the war on terrorism for attacking us.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
War Is a Racket is the title of two works, a speech and a booklet, by retired United States Marine Corps Major General and two time Medal of Honor recipient Smedley D. Butler. In them, Butler frankly discusses from his experience as a career military officer how business interests commercially benefit from warfare.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

So you’re a fan of Reagan??

So Russia and China are the good guys? On what planet do you live?

Russia and China have US targeted as well. If you’re asserting that US should leave Syria for fear of Russia and China you’re mistaken. The US isn’t good at hiding or running.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It will be Americas fault for once again sticking our noses in where it doesn't belong.

Where are Russia and China’s noses?

Do they belong?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

War Is a Racket is the title of two works, a speech and a booklet, by retired United States Marine Corps Major General and two time Medal of Honor recipient Smedley D. Butler. In them, Butler frankly discusses from his experience as a career military officer how business interests commercially benefit from warfare.

Somewhere in my life I’ve heard of him!

Semper Fi!

I know it’s a racket…however, we’re in the middle of a global chess game. US isn’t the ONLY nation that benefits from the racket that is WAR. Obviously Russia and China are not on the SAME PAGE as the US and the majority of the world and they have chosen a side.

Considering 'all war is a racket', which side of the court will you be on?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
First thing you need to do is stop getting your propaganda from CNN and FOX and other American mainstream media.

I was in Bosnia in early 1990s, CIA wanted to bomb serbs but didn't have a good enough reason, so they staged a massacre of Bosnian Muslims while they waited in the breadline and had cameras standing by to tape the whole thing.

After that they had a green light for NATO operation. They are doing the same in Syria, those first massacres of women and children was rebel's doing with CIA backing. They were hoping it would give them ability to bomb Syria.

You don't get to hear Syrian people being victims of random killings by rebel gangs in the cities.

You don't get to see those videos and hear that information because you are being conditioned to support wars, mass murders and control of the world by Zionist, Neocons and their war machine.

Your ignorance will be your undoing, because when they are done with the world, they are coming for you, citizens of western countries.

Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung confirms: Houla massacre committed by Syrian “rebels”
www.wsws.org...

RIGHT NOW CIA AND MOSSAD are working overtime in Syria to destabilize the country, Syrian currency is already destroyed just like Libyan currency is

You think people of Libya have better life now that economy is in shambles and country in civil war.

OP you are just a shill, there is no truth in you and you disgust me.
edit on 1-7-2012 by rory212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What ya think happens when Turkey attacks Syria?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rory212

OP you are just a shill, there is no truth in you and you disgust me.

On the contrary your reaction could be considered propaganda as well! Don't think Russia is not covertly sticking their noses in Syria as well in an effort to protect and enhance their own strategic and economic interests! Not to mention political agendas.

What is disgusting is you wrongly throwing the word "Shill" simply when someone has a different opinion/outlook to your own. Disgraceful
edit on 1-7-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rory212

Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung confirms: Houla massacre committed by Syrian “rebels”
www.wsws.org...

And how do we know this isn't propaganda from the Assad regime? See I can do it too.

I think your shill for the Assad regime. Which Serbs are you talking about? The orthodox Serbs who passed the referendum of independence along with Muslim Bosniaks and Catholic Croats or the Bosnian Serbs who rejected the referendum

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rory212

I served in Bosnia in 96’ with 2/8 as part of the 24th MEU. Thanks!

I saw firsthand the destruction and fear caused by Milosevic and it got worse after my tour, so if you’d like to blame the CIA for the millions of deaths in Yugoslavia I can tell you for a fact you’re being disingenuous to say the least.

I’ve also heard all the BS about the innocence of IRAQ but I was there in 2003 during the initial push so I’ve seen the conditions on the ground there as well.

US is an easy scapegoat! You act like you know the score but you really don’t know a thing!

Talk to people who’ve been there, study some history, and maybe then you’ll know what’s up!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

It will be Americas fault for once again sticking our noses in where it doesn't belong.

Where are Russia and China’s noses?

Do they belong?

Are they the ones that started this? China and Russia only became involved after it became common knowledge that we were starting the civil war in that country.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Are they the ones that started this? China and Russia only became involved after it became common knowledge that we were starting the civil war in that country.

Started what?

The current conflict in Syria is all because of the CIA?

So tell me why Russia and China are involved with Syria (and Iran…and N. Korea…and Pakistan, etc). Are those nefarious connections or is it just when the US is involved?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I served in Bosnia in 96’ with 2/8 as part of the 24th MEU. Thanks!

I saw firsthand the destruction and fear caused by Milosevic and it got worse after my tour, so if you’d like to blame the CIA for the millions of deaths in Yugoslavia I can tell you for a fact you’re being disingenuous to say the least.

I’ve also heard all the BS about the innocence of IRAQ but I was there in 2003 during the initial push so I’ve seen the conditions on the ground there as well.

US is an easy scapegoat! You act like you know the score but you really don’t know a thing!

Talk to people who’ve been there, study some history, and maybe then you’ll know what’s up!

I am so glad you revealed yourself there because now I will publicly expose you for what you are, a warmonger, A Neocon Zionist

SO you were in Bosnia in 96, when the war was over 99%, guess what pal, I was there in 1991, helping to chopper off few Israeli citizens from Sarajevo.

I've seen with my own eyes money and weapons from Saudi Arabia shipped to Bosnian Muslims before any of the heavy fighting even started. I've seen with my own eyes my CO give intel to MUJAHIDEENS from middle east shipped to Bosnia to stir up trouble.

Don't tell me your propaganda pal, been there, done that, they are doing the same thing to Syria.

And you are a traitor, you and your brainwashed ilk have turned away from founding fathers vision for America.

You've bought into bull# of ends justify the means, and we gotta F#@K them because they might get the idea to F#%K us.

You ought to be ashamed, you and your kind will be the end of us all. Even after it is clear CIA and Mossad did 9/11 you are still here to tell us the valor of Iraq war.

I will follow you on ATS and expose you to everyone.
edit on 2-7-2012 by rory212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What role does Russia and China play then; are they the good guys?

Question to you seabag seeing how you always see America,Israel and Britian as the good guys, would you prefer an axis of Saudi Arabia, Qatar alliance?

Seeing how both Saudi Arabia, Qatar are undemocratic countries and both of them have not only funded the libyan rebels and supplied them with weapons and arms.

But the same two countries that i have often have discussed in my threads are now funding the rebels in Syria and even sending there own terrorist groups into Syria.

So my question would you support and do you support Saudi Arabia, Qatar on Syria? don't forget this is the same Saudi Arabia that is arming the brutal regime in Bahrain.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join