It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God particle is 'found': Scientists at Cern expected to announce on Wednesday Higgs boson particle

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveandLightandRainbows

We gave GR to the Jew Einstein, I understand this is well beyond your comprehension levels as a Human.

I can't drag your Humanness into Enlightenment nor shall I try.

edit on 5-7-2012 by LoveandLightandRainbows because: (no reason given)

Hi ET

But why did you give such a wrong hypothesis to einstein. You know that einstein was working
for someones agenda, maybe yours .
Yes you are right about enlightenment and consiousness.
But hey your appearance on this thread all of a sudden is an enigma. Lol but welcome

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I was thinking as to whether a particle needs mass to have a gravitational field and I guess all that matters is energy density. So I guess a photon can bend space-time. I'm not very familiar with general relativity but I do recall a stress-energy tensor.
I was wondering if the Higgs field and Higgs boson were needed for gravity and I guess not.
Even if particles were mass-less they would still bend space-time and cause gravity.

I may be incorrect! That is why I brought it up.

edit on 5-7-2012 by dxdydz because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by dxdydz because: changed "an" to "a"

I wonder what the universe would look like without the Higgs field?
edit on 5-7-2012 by dxdydz because: Added last line.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Originally posted by LoveandLightandRainbows

We gave GR to the Jew Einstein, I understand this is well beyond your comprehension levels as a Human.

I can't drag your Humanness into Enlightenment nor shall I try.

Hi ET

But why did you give such a wrong hypothesis to einstein.

Has it occurred to you that some Extraterrestrials aren't the brightest bulb in the box?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Has it occurred to you that some Extraterrestrials aren't the brightest bulb in the box?

Lol. That's a nice one.
But he does admit that he is still learning like the rest of us

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Very interesting. Thank you OP!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ummmmm??????? So what am I missing? No planet wide calamities, no oceans boiling, no aliens invading. I'm going to off the Deep End and suggest, that this will only suggest that there are MICRO Particles to Particles of which we know, and even them go deeper.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So now that they say they found evidence of the God particle they want 20 billion more dollars to build another colider.
I knew that was coming when they were making such a big issue of finding it. Not many countries have committed to it yet. The timing on finding proof of the Higgs Boson seems to coincide with this asking for more money. Possible Motive for deceit?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So now that they say they found evidence of the God particle they want 20 billion more dollars to build another colider.
I knew that was coming when they were making such a big issue of finding it. Not many countries have committed to it yet. The timing on finding proof of the Higgs Boson seems to coincide with this asking for more money. Possible Motive for deceit?

As a person who is familiar, to some degree, how this research works, I can tell you there is little to no room for deceit. I worked on prototypes for ATLAS hardware 30 years ago and more recently on computing for same. You can't fool people in this field of study. They are way too smart. No offense, but a lot smarter than your average ATSer.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

It's no coincidence that they released a desire to build a new colider right after they found the God Particle. Acquisition of 20 billion $ for the physics organizations expansion can make things happen. Common People aren't that smart to be able to challenge this without input from people there who know how to interpret the evidence. Most physicists not in that exact field would have to trust the scientists there and would not challenge their interpretation. I'm not saying that they didn't actually find it only that they have motive on a huge scale to call it the god particle.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It's no coincidence that they released a desire to build a new colider right after they found the God Particle.

I haven't seen that. Do you have a link you could post or do you remember where you saw the announcement?

And why would they need a new collider?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

they released a desire

I'm happy that they got a release from their desire.

But seriously, plans for ILC (the next generation machine) have been worked on for a while, it's nothing new. And if it's going to happen, it will take DECADES to develop and build. Even organizing the funding will take a very, very long time. So it's not like they just popped up with the proposal, but rather re-emphasized the point that it would be good to get things going.
edit on 7-7-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Please stop calling it the God Particle and call it the Higgs boson. God particle such a stupid name that is completely misleading and erroneous that sparks ignorant people to spew vitriol.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
And why would they need a new collider?

If anything, this repeats the pattern whereby a proton/proton (or proton/antiproton) accelerator is used as a discovery machine, while a subsequent e/e or e+/e- machine is used as a precision measurement tool. Happened before with CERN SPS followed by LEP, now it's LHC followed by ILC (hopefully).

One thing that the proton accelerators are missing is the well defined energy delivered to the collision point. In the proton case, there are 3 quarks (and many other partons) among which the energy is shared, so only a fraction, which is not too easy to determine, goes into the reaction being studied. By contrast, e/e machines accelerate point-like object e.g. electrons and/or positrons, and the respective energies can be controlled with a remarkable precision. This allows for an effective energy scan, which is hard to do with a hadron collider like the LHC. Confer studying a resonance, you have to have a precise knob to control frequency (in this case, energy) to have the most correct measurement of where things happen.

Why to build a proton accelerator in the first place? Long story short, it's a lot cheaper since there is no (or little) synchrotron radiation emitted by the beams. Look it up for more info. The next proposed collider is linear and not circular anyhow (while the rest of my exposition above still works) -- because at this energy scale even a large circular machine will suffer large energy losses via the synchrotron radiation, and a linear machine, while gigantic, won't have this problem.

edit on 7-7-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

By several orders of magnitude.
edit on 7-7-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by LoveisanArt

The irony is that you just typed that paragraph on a device which is itself a product of over 500 years of continuous innovation in communications and engineering technology. You do not recognize that your feelings regarding this matter are tainted by your own fluffiness. 30 years ago, you would be fortunate to reach 10 people with your message of higher spiritual awareness. Today, you can reach tens of thousands or even millions, using the very science you decry and fail to understand at even a rudimentary level.

There is nothing wrong with a thirst for spiritual food, but don't deny the spoon to spite the bowl.
edit on 2-7-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

was that a serious post ?? if you were spiritually open at all, you would never have written such a dull reply -_- ..

Why would you bring up an "if" scenario of 30 years ago.. its 2012 so it doesnt matter smart ass.. also the irony in your own post replying to mine lol.

My point wasnt about technology and its advances.. its about the fact this God particle which is a crap label anyways.. has always been known to elite science, or those in the "know". But spiritual beings as myself have already understood this particle, which is heavily influenced by consciousness and the mind of an observer. I take it you are a science dweller.. Quantum Physics is science, and it already knew about this God particle. It looks past that... you are truly unblanced wth logical and rationality.. balance yourself with spirituality and your love for science and the windows of knowledge open right up for ya my friend.

Peace..

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
There is nothing special about this find..

Yeah well if you don't give a damn about physics, this may apply to you.

I have a feeling this "god particle" (what a stupid label) has been known all along anyways

...another random statement with no merit. Have all feelings you want, buddy, what a way to educate yourself!

You science lovers who depend on science for knowledge of the universe are so lost in mental space its not even funny anymore. Science is nice, but true cosmic knowledge is always better.

My Greek is rusty, so I can't decide how to best reply to claims of superior cosmic knowledge: "pathos" or "pomp".

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

For once, I'm with you on this one.

Cosmic...what? Seriously, what? It's laughable, how modern science is barely 500 years old and we think we know anything about the cosmos and the secrets they hold. Give us another millenia, and if we haven't killed ourselves off, we might stand a chance of making such a claim.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

For once, I'm with you on this one.

Cosmic...what? Seriously, what? It's laughable, how modern science is barely 500 years old and we think we know anything about the cosmos

I think you misunderstood. Our interlocutor meant "cosmic" in a metaphysical sense, or occult, or whatever. So there is a juxtaposition of science and that other thing.

I went to a seminar today, on the topic of this thread, presented by on the lead investigators. The statistical analysis the researchers had to do was quite advanced.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It's laughable, how modern science is barely 500 years old and we think we know anything about the cosmos and the secrets they hold.

I don't think anyone seriously involved in science, or seriously following it, has any such delusion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

you further my point dumb human ..

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join