It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God particle is 'found': Scientists at Cern expected to announce on Wednesday Higgs boson particle

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Calling it the god particle is pathetic,it looks like this exists...god and fantasy land....do not

So billions of dollars, tens of thousands of hours by the most brilliant minds in the world combined have recreated what most of you think happened by random chance... and this proves there is no God how?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Calling it the god particle is pathetic,it looks like this exists...god and fantasy land....do not

So billions of dollars, tens of thousands of hours by the most brilliant minds in the world combined have recreated what most of you think happened by random chance... and this proves there is no God how?

I couldn't agree more. To create this experiment i bet there is a design involved.

This particle they found can not be a God particle. Because it is formed by already existing particles.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

It's funny because I read about the Higgs Boson in an old Time magazine at my doctors office TODAY and came home and posted the following factoid I read on Facebook
- "Physicists don't call the Higgs Boson "The God Particle". The name came from one physicist who actually called it "The God-damned Particle" because its so "god damned" hard to find. Your local media outlet has done the rest." Then a few hours later I read this post on ATS. Funny how things happen.
Sometimes I think someone is watching me very, very closely because I'll remember a song I haven't heard played since the 80's, and I'll be at the supermarket or watching the news and for the first time in decades, it plays. This happens so often I can't help but think someone/something/the universe is listening in.
Maybe that could be another function of the Higgs Field, lol.
edit on 3/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: changed boson to field in the last sentence

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
I ran into a ex TRW physicist by the beach. We got to talking and he told me he almost worked on the CERN project, applied many times and was not chosen.

I asked him what physical application will come out of this. He said "There's a saying in the scientific community that first Wall Street will get it, then it goes to application".

This is hilarious! I've been a part of scientific community for most of my life and

a) I've never heard of this saying, this is so bogus
b) the idea that Wall Street will profit from Higgs boson sends me ROTFLMAO

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ok, guys. Now for the $65K dollar question: Does this discovery have any bearing on nuclear fusion research?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

Ok, guys. Now for the $65K dollar question: Does this discovery have any bearing on nuclear fusion research?

It absolutely could. The Standard Model is used in nuclear technology. Also, further knowledge and advancements from this research could allow applicatons in combination with other systems, such as advanced weaponry, among other things.
edit on 3-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I found the Particle that can impeach Obama

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
GOD Particle???
Found???????

If They FOUND It, what did they DO with it.
If They HAVE why do WE Still have it.

If they Know where to find it, they can PROVE it.

Now, we await PROOF.
Teleportation Device.
Hyperspace Travel.
Artificial Stars.
Spontaneous Generation of MASS. Which is a violation of CONSERVATION LAWS.

Lets get One Thing Straight Here.
WE Know More than CERN.

WE Control EVERY PARTICLE ACCELERATOR ON THIS PLANET.

If You Dispute Our Reign, then enforce your Rule.

But Rest Assured, Mortals, You Know NOTHING of The GOD PARTICLE.

Now, Ph.D s, remain silent. As Policy Dictates. And Prove to the World you have no intentions of ERASING People with your state-of-the-art better-than-your-nukes Kind of Weaponry.

Oh.
One More Thing.
The Great Crimson Flame Sends His Regards.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Perhaps Mr. McKenna was right. Maybe the technological singularity is approaching quickly

Perhaps the Easter Bunny was a Mayan too.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

hahah,,,,,, they have not recreated what most of them think happened by random chance,,,,,,,, I dont know if there are enough numbers in the universe to describe how much smaller of an event this is then the big bang,,,,,

I dont know how this proves theres no god...

reading about these particle physics is like reading every ancient holy book,,,,,,,,, weird names begating other weird names,,,, and them decaying and creating new ones,,,, and building new things,,,, and eventually they created life,,,,,,, so the particles are our god.......

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

No.

Anything's possible, but right now there is no way we can actually manipulate either strong, weak or electromagnetic fields of the particles involved. If we could, this would be way bigger than the Higgs.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Funny how things happen.
Sometimes I think someone is watching me very, very closely because I'll remember a song I haven't heard played since the 80's, and I'll be at the supermarket or watching the news and for the first time in decades, it plays. This happens so often I can't help but think someone/something/the universe is listening in.
Maybe that could be another function of the Higgs Field, lol.
edit on 3/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: changed boson to field in the last sentence

omg. Frequent quantum effects. Lol
Beware the tptb is playing with your mind.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

This is what I often refer to as a facepalm moment. Don't worry, everyone has one.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For anyone living in the UK I have just switched over to "EDEN" documentary channel, and Professor Brian Cox is on at 5pm and the programme is called "The Big Bang Machine" showing the lead up to their first experiment at the LHC at CERN, re-creating conditions a billionth of a second after the big bang, which will obviously have the elusive "GOD PARTICLE" involved in the experiment, but they will never see the God Particle, not unless they have a time-lapse video camera capable of recording and viewing in nano seconds, they will only see the after effect or the trail left by it as it only survives for a very short window, too quick to record or see.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

hahah,,,,,, they have not recreated what most of them think happened by random chance,,,,,,,, I dont know if there are enough numbers in the universe to describe how much smaller of an event this is then the big bang,,,,,

I dont know how this proves theres no god...

reading about these particle physics is like reading every ancient holy book,,,,,,,,, weird names begating other weird names,,,, and them decaying and creating new ones,,,, and building new things,,,, and eventually they created life,,,,,,, so the particles are our god.......

Errr.... this is kind of why they named it the God Particle in the first place, as it's apparently the glue that holds everything together, and if their theories are correct, it's fundamental in making everything else work, with regards to speed, energy, the effect of gravity on objects with mass...... and its all due to it supposedly giving evreything else its mass...
edit on 3-7-2012 by DARREN1976 because: snoozel toozel's!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If this doesnt tell you we are living in the end times I dont if anything will.. Its quite unfortunate the GOD particle is in the hands of the wrong people, whose only desire is to create the ANTI God Particle. Wake up people.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976
Errr.... this is kind of why they named it the God Particle in the first place, as it's apparently the glue that holds everything together, and if their theories are correct, it's fundamental in making everything else work, with regards to speed, energy, the effect of gravity on objects with mass...... and its all due to it supposedly giving evreything else its mass..

Higgs field does NOT "hold everything together". It is responsible for the electroweak symmetry breaking, it gives mass to gaguge bosons and other particles, but how it all relates to gravity is not clear at all at this point.

Look up "Higgs Mechanism" on Wikipedia.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
i am willing to bet that anything they find has been found previously , i am sure military control is their prior them releasing the information to the public , weapons weapons weapons!

Yep they did in 2036.... lets hope the right side gets the technology 1st in our worldline.

That looks a bit like the ghost trap out of ghostbusters!!

2nd...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Azdraik

It does a lot for us. Now that they found it they will start boosting up their salaries and expand their experimentation to acquire all sorts of money indirectly from us. The donations they get from big business don't cost big business a cent, it is passed onto us the consumer. The money they get from governments doesn't cost the government a cent because the taxpayers foot the bill. See, we are getting something out of this. We are getting to pay for it.

So who actually did foot the bill for the LHC then? Was it something to do with the American Taxpayer, or was it multiple Governments from various counries? I dont know the answer to this one, and funding partially, but I think your right in saing taxpayers somewhere had a play in it is well, just want to know if it was a joint country effort this one, and would really like to, I know some of it definately has to be down to corporate and private funding.....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Why does it matter who paid for it? This was clearly the only way such research could be conducted...the only other solution would be to say, "Stop looking for these answers." And if that's your sentiment, I have one question for you:

WTH?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join