It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warn Kids about latest Dangerous Internet Craze - The "salt and ice" challenge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
And I just mastered e cinnamon challenge.....no way would I attempt this.

To say that this makes you lose faith in the kids of this generation is just hypocritical.....so don't go there.

Every generation had their stupid snip ways of entertainment.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I couldn't resist posting this here...

With that out of the way, I often wonder how so many of us get to see adulthood. I did some pretty stupid stuff while growing up that should have landed me in the morgue probably. Not this stuff, but stuff like driving too fast, swimming in dangerous parts of a lake at night while drinking, etc. We have all been there and it is never ceases to amaze me how many of us come out of it no worse for wear.

I do notice that the things kids are doing seem more dangerous at a younger age, but can't really tell if I am looking at it from a parent's POV "OMG how can you do something so stupid?", or if it is just in the same class of stupidity that we all partook in a time or two ourselves.

Being the mother of a 14 year old, I hear of many "trends" going around that just make me wonder wtf?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
To say that this makes you lose faith in the kids of this generation is just hypocritical.....so don't go there.

Na, I never did stupid, self harm crap like that and neither did anyone I knew in 12 years of school.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Not all kids have the internet and they manage to find better ways of amusing themselves
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.youtube.com...

This vid still makes my day
edit on 1-7-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I guess i was lucky, I've never heard of people doing this before.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The reason they salt roads in the winter is because salt causes the freezing point of water to lower. As a result, it becomes harder for nature to lower the temperature temperature further to compensate. The end result? Nature can't keep it frozen, so the snow melts.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Gotcha, thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
And I just mastered e cinnamon challenge.....no way would I attempt this.

And to state that just because every generation has had their stupid ways of entertainment, as some sort of justification for the rapid escalation in idiocy , is pure ignorance......

Just because people use to do things "back in the day" doesnt mean that kids today who chose to film themselves jumping off buildings to get on youtube arent STUPID....

They are stupid and the degradation in the ability of kids these days to exorcise any amount of judgement seems to be waning.......

at this rate, kids will be cutting off fingers for a dare, and slitting wrists for kicks........."you crazy kids"

That is if they arent already......

Condoning the steady upswing in behavior because people are getting more desensitized to it is foolish

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well said, case in point.

A southwest Florida teenager has died after authorities say he was shot during a game of Russian Roulette. Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies said 17-year-old Thorin Montgomery was the first of his friends to have a turn at the game when the gun discharged Friday. He was shot in the head.

source

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That story is about a 17 year old. This salt and ice challenge is aimed at pre-teens through 14 year olds. If you know any, you know they are pretty bad decision makers and peer pressure these days is so so bad. Why do you think bullying is such a hot topic?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If your kid can't make it past the 60 seconds, then they are a pu**y!

edit on 2-7-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
in retrospect, i'm amazed any of us survived childhood.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This reminded me of that one fightclub scene...... What ever happened to the good ole days where you passed people out and gave out nutshots?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We did that when we was very old.

Still got a little scar on my arm, which I will only have fun when I look at it.

But ok, that picture you just posted is just bizarre and stupid.
What we did was pour some salt on our arm, and then take a little ice-cube so we would end up getting a white mark, and afterwards give a little scar.

Stupid, but when I look back at it, epic!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I can't wait to try this while cat breading!

Might throw in planking, but that's so a few months ago.

I am quite friendly with Arlon Johnson

back on topic I have just shown the picture to my teenage son thanks for the heads up OP

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is dumb, but I think if you tell kids not to do something it'll pique their curiosity enough to make them want to do it.

By the way, this is cat breading.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Because it lowers the freezing point of water, melting any ice that may already exist and creating a resistance to any new ice that may form.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What a horrid thing to do.
Whatever next-who can drink the most battery acid maybe?

One of the down sides of internet viral behaviour is this sort of crap.
Many impressionable minds are led astray.

That said,I laughed so hard I got lemonade stuck in my sinuses when I read this post:

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I can't wait to try this while cat breading!

Might throw in planking, but that's so a few months ago.

Thanks for that Jibby-It still hurts.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As my kids are not teens, but thinking if they were... probable answer would be:

We're not doin' it dad, but thanks for good idea.

Only if kids really listen... none of them would smoke, drive fast, get tattoo... (list goes on)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh
this is just now a craze? this is one of the oldest tricks in the book!

Might be but unless these kids are the oldest kids in the world chances are they just found out. The religious books are also some of the oldest books in the world never stopped anyone following their tricks did it?

Thank you OP for the warning
edit on 2/7/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join