It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waldo Canyon Fire UFO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I hope it's an actual UFO looking for it's 5 minutes of fame...but it may also be a drone, as it appears to be following the helo's progress.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wait, so we are using balls of light in a wide variety of forms that are standard issue aircraft nowadays? And there are birds that turn into balls of light while in flight?

Wow...I must really be behind on things...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Interesting clip.

The problem I have now is with our advancements in technology would it be beyond reason to assume if the government admits to having drones everywhere now, and the public can buy them, why wouldnt a news station obtain drone like craft that are unmanned, cost less than fuel and a pilot, and when flying over risky areas (such as enormous fires) eliminate the risk of losing a life.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smashdem
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yeah, we just dont know, so it is idiotic to even try, right? That is a great attitude.
Will get us very far as a species and society.

You people are crazy. A recording off a T.V. screen which could possibly be a reflection, even if it isn't, there are massive forest fires with plenty of aircraft roaming the skies, filming, dropping water. You gotta be joking.

You want evidence of UFOs, as I said, there are many better videos and NOT recorded off a T.V. screen

edit on 2-7-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

No offense, but it's fake.

Back in the 50's most of em' would be real.

Every thing these days is almost easy (for me) to spot.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
You people are crazy. A recording off a T.V. screen which could possibly be a reflection, even if it isn't, there are massive forest fires with plenty of aircraft roaming the skies, filming, dropping water. You gotta be joking.

You want evidence of UFOs, as I said, there are many better videos and NOT recorded off a T.V. screen

Ok, I'll bite. But just this once. Maybe twice. Explain to me how a reflection on a tv manages to blend itself into the background of live footage? If you can do that then I'll entertain your theory.

ETA. Here's a clue. LCD screens are not made with glass

edit on 2-7-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We can sit around here all day long, bickering about what in earth that might be.

Or someone can contact KRDO and ask for the actual footage of this day and hour, and I'm sure it can all be settled when we see that it's nothing more than an airplane or helicopter.

Because, quite frankly, I could swing my grandmother around on a rope in my living room, and film it off again with a crappy Blackberry from a TV screen and it would also look like a UFO ..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Ok, I'll bite. But just this once. Maybe twice. Explain to me how a reflection on a tv manages to blend itself into the background of live footage? If you can do that then I'll entertain your theory.

You seem to be missing my point, there's more chance of that being a mundane object than anything unidentified. Whether reflection, helicopter or otherwise, this video is nothing.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yeah, we just dont know, so it is idiotic to even try, right? That is a great attitude.

And if I wanted an explanation on a video like this, I will not ask it from you. Your ignorance is g*d d**n ridiculous... And sure there are tons of other aircrafts roaming the skies, but ever heard of "Hiding in plain sight" ? It's said to be the best hiding spot for all things!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spire

And if I wanted an explanation on a video like this, I will not ask it from you. Your ignorance is g*d d**n ridiculous... And sure there are tons of other aircrafts roaming the skies, but ever heard of "Hiding in plain sight" ? It's said to be the best hiding spot for all things!

Ignorance???

It's called keeping an open and objective mind, try it sometime.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Okay. On the original footage put up by the UFO on DVR youtube guy, the newscaster says that the C-130s will be ready for deployment later that afternoon, 6/25/12. They are not up in the air yet. So it could be another aircraft, but not C-130. The footage is not clear enough to tell whether or not there is a tail on the craft, but I can't see one. It also tends to drift behind some thicker, smokier air. This is from the newscast on 6/25/2012, by News 13 Colorado Springs station.

Yes, it looks a lot like the iphone app, however, I have not been able to find any information on how you could take a youtube video OR an iphone video and upload it directly to DVR. (You can upload TO your iphone FROM DVR, but I can't find anything that shows how you could reverse that and upload FROM your iphone TO DVR. I don't know 100% about youtube to DVR. Please correct me if I'm wrong!!) They guy has a blackberry and not an iphone (we don't know the kids ages or if one of their friends has an iphone, etc.) Also, very importantly, we have someone here on the boards - Danish - who saw the original local newscast, including the craft on the youtube guys video.

I have searched and searched, and cannot find this footage on any posted newscast from channel 13 - I can't find it anywhere except this youtube video. To get the original footage, someone would need to contact the station directly and see if they are willing to pull it from their archive and post it or something. WIth all the air traffic in the area, and poor visibility / video quality, the original footage is the way to go. With all the serious loss happening, I'm thinking it might be bad timing to ask right now...

peace,
AB
edit on 2-7-2012 by AboveBoard because: bad bad sentence structure, dude!

edit on 2-7-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The only choices are.

1. Another helicopter
2. A drone.

Neither of those fit my understanding of what it looks like. You made the mundane suggestion that's it's a reflection. More than once. Pick a stance that can't be picked apart too easily and stick with it. It's not a reflection.
edit on 2-7-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
less petty arguing please guys...
i for one will wait till we get to see better footage.
s+f

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ignorance???

I've tried, and I got many things in my mind that this thing could be.. But you're stuck on the same explanation, is that being an open and ojective mind...? IF you got an open and objective mind as you say, don't get stuck on your explanation and if not anyone else follows it, you go on to call them crazy. Yeah, I call that open and objective mind.

PS: So far your explanation is the worst one, a drone is even more probable than a reflection. How come you didn't think that?! You open and objective minded person.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I found this Denver Post article from June 20th.

Apparently, something (the article speculates they were meteors...but they are still unidentified) had been responsible for grounding firefighting aircraft; interfering with attempts to put the fires out.

"A Pueblo air-dispatch center began receiving reports of "balls of fire or something in the air" this afternoon, and officials grounded flights to make sure no aircraft were hit , fire team spokesman Ron Roth said."
"We don't have to determine what it is, just that it's safe to fly at this point," he said.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command based at Peterson Air Force Base in El Paso County doesn't think whatever fell was man-made.

"We have no indication anything manmade entered that area." said NORAD spokesman John Cornelia, adding, "We have no information as to what this might have been."

See FULL article:
www.denverpost.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Ignorance???

I've tried, and I got many things in my mind that this thing could be.. But you're stuck on the same explanation, is that being an open and ojective mind...? IF you got an open and objective mind as you say, don't get stuck on your explanation and if not anyone else follows it, you go on to call them crazy. Yeah, I call that open and objective mind.

PS: So far your explanation is the worst one, a drone is even more probable than a reflection. How come you didn't think that?! You open and objective minded person.

Yeah, so as I've previously said you silly little man, there's more chance of it being mundane than unidentified and IT'S RECORDED OFF A T.V. SCREEN!

Hey aliens! Skip this planet, they're all nuts, it'll be like the birth of christianity all over again, please no!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
I found this Denver Post article from June 20th.

Apparently, something (the article speculates they were meteors...but they are still unidentified) had been responsible for grounding firefighting aircraft; interfering with attempts to put the fires out.

"A Pueblo air-dispatch center began receiving reports of "balls of fire or something in the air" this afternoon, and officials grounded flights to make sure no aircraft were hit , fire team spokesman Ron Roth said."
"We don't have to determine what it is, just that it's safe to fly at this point," he said.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command based at Peterson Air Force Base in El Paso County doesn't think whatever fell was man-made.

"We have no indication anything manmade entered that area." said NORAD spokesman John Cornelia, adding, "We have no information as to what this might have been."

See FULL article:
www.denverpost.com...

Well that certainly adds a twist, nice find!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Very interesting. What do you make of that article? Here's what someone else said in the comments:

I saw this "object" and if I were to try to say what it looked like to me, I would say it was a tin foil ball tumbling and falling quickly. I checked above it to see if there were any aircraft that could have deposited the object but saw nothing but clouds and sky. At the moment it happened, I commented on how meteorites are rarely seen in the daylight usually because the light of the sun drowns out the light reflecting from the object. The 9news version of this story reports pilots in commercial aircraft that saw it over Kansas.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus"We have no indication anything manmade entered that area." said NORAD spokesman John Cornelia, adding, "We have no information as to what this might have been."

That's a cryptic statement

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Come on guys, it's obviously a chinese lantern! Are you all blind?!?!

Would love to see the original footage uploaded for sure. HD would be a plus. Gonna dig around and see if I can get my hands on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join