It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Constitution!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Our constitution has needed replacing for quite some time. With all the talk of revolution I figured we need something to rally behind. so I have renovated our old constitution and "fixed" the problems inherent in it. This is just a first draft, but it a start. We need to have some new rules to rally behind and so we can show just what we want to replace our government with. I have written the highlights before the new constitution to underline a few of the changes. Please feel free to edit this and pass it around.

The body known as The House of Representatives shall be comprised of one representative from every county or similar political subdivision from every state in the union elected by the citizens of that county. Representatives shall be limited to 3 two year terms.

The body known as the Senate is dissolved.

The body known as the Supreme Court shall be comprised of 11 judges selected by the president and ratified by 2/3s vote of the representatives. They shall have power to judge whether laws passed by the House and states are in compliance with this document.

There shall be a president elected by a majority vote of citizens for one 6 year term. No president shall serve more than one term or 6 years in office.

Congress shall not exempt themselves from any law or rule imposed on citizens.

A citizen is defined as a person born in the united States to parents born in the united states. Or to a person who has been naturalized or given citizenship by law.

All laws must originate with the house. After being ratified a bill shall be submitted to the several states for a vote. No bill shall become law unless ratified by a majority of states and then signed by the president.

The congress and it’s agents have no authority unless specifically authorized by this constitution. No law shall be in effect if it’s language conflicts with this constitution.

The congress may have power to lay and collect taxes in a fair way. Taxes may not be used to regulate behavior or advance social policy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article I - The Legislative Branch Note
Section 1 - The Legislature
All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of House of Representatives.
Section 2 - The House
The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every third Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.
No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.
There shall be one member for every county or like political subdivision e;ected by the constituents of that county.
When vacancies happen in the Representation from any State, the Executive Authority thereof shall issue Writs of Election to fill such Vacancies.
The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment. No member may serve more than 2 terms in office.
Section 3 - The Senate
The Senate of the United States shall be dissolved.
No bill shall become law unless ratified by the legislatures of a majority the states.
Section 4 - Elections, Meetings
The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations,
The Congress shall assemble at least once in every Year, and such Meeting shall (be on the first Monday in December.
Section 5 - Membership, Rules, Journals, Adjournment
Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as the House may provide.
The House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.
Each House shall keep a Journal of its Proceedings, and from time to time publish the same, excepting such Parts as may in their Judgment require Secrecy; and the Yeas and Nays of the Members of either House on any question shall, at the Desire of one fifth of those Present, be entered on the Journal.
Neither House, during the Session of Congress, shall, without the Consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days, nor to any other Place than that in which the two Houses shall be sitting.
Section 6 - Compensation
(The Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States.) (The preceding words in parentheses were modified by the 27th Amendment.) They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.
No Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, or after having served, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.
Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto
All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the States may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the States, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.
Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or bein

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, it won't let me post it all, but here is the beginning at least.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ah hell no!!!!!

before anyone even can dare to speak of replacing the constitution we need to replace EVERY MEMBER IN CONGRESS AND THE SENATE.

CONSTITUTION STAYS!!!!

POLITICANS GO!!!!

EDIT: I DIDN'T AND PROBABLY WON'T READ THIS

edit on 1-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
As long as i can talk st$t and shoot guns im down.

I'm sure the rest can be worked out.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Since you've dissolved the Senate, then may I ask why you would specify that all bills originate in the House? There would only be the House, correct? Am I missing something?

Anyway, I don't want a new Constitution...I want the one we have obeyed!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i say # the legislators, we the people should examine and vote on EVERY issue.

that way it takes away the evil legislators.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
We don't need a new Constitution.

We just need more people to enforce it and to stop ignoring it when it interferes with their interests.

It was meant to limit government, not enable government to be more powerful.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We dont need a new Constitution. We need leaders who will obey the one we have!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
doppleganger

edit on 1-7-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

If they did obey it that would be the first time in about a hundred years!
It's clear to me now that it is only used when they choose and they choose not to obey it.
So either way enforcement of the one we have or a new one will serve us better than this present b.s.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm with the consensus on this one. I think it's too easy to misjudge how deep and well-thought-out our constitution is; which makes it easy for any idiot (no offense) to come along and second-guess it.

There's nothing wrong with our constitution (although there are some extremely questionable amendments that could use a look). Our problem is politicians making an end-run around it--just as they would with any constitution, including the one introduced by the OP.

Where we go wrong is allowing slippage. Like with Obamacare: You have all these people saying, "Even if it is questionably Constitutional, it's harmlessly so. It's good for you; let it go." And that's our problem: You can't just let principle slip no matter how good for you it might be....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

We need to completely overhaul DC and replace everyone there from the Supreme Court, House and Senate up to the President, and not with the same old crap (like Romney). I dont know the answer to getting this done because voting doesnt and hasnt worked. The Elite run it all and until the people find a way to take control back of their country, then it will only get worse IMO...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I don't disagree with you.
I really do think it's time for the idiots to hit the reset button though!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If our current constitution is so good, then why is our government out of control? If it worked we would not be in this mess. It's close, but it leaves too much wiggle room.

There would be no more Senate. It's functions would be carried out by the states directly. As it is now the states have zero say in anything. Senators claim to represent the people. They have no idea their job is to represent the state, not the people. That is what the house of reps is for. So I disbanded the Senate in favor of giving states a direct say. This would prevent these unfunded mandates we get so often. Since there would be 3,300 member of the house it would become unfeasible to bribe enough of them to get bad laws passed like they do now. Term limits prevent having people like: Shumer, Waters, Boxes, Pelosi et al in office for decades like we have now.

I have clarified the 2nd amendment and strengthened the 4th and 5th The 3rd was replaced with farmer's rights to grow and use whatever plants he likes as long as it is not genetically modified. I fixed copyright to a fixed term of 20 years like it should be.

If the old rules worked so well we would not be where we are now. We need new rules, better rules and a stronger box to keep government in.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

You want these bought-n-paid for politicians to rewrite the US Constitution? Have you not noticed the more power the gov gets, the worse our country becomes? 10 yrs of gov growth matching 10 yrs of economic plunge. Reset to the original documents and build from there to start would be acceptible and possible. The only people to raise a fuss about it would be those that lose their ill gotten gains from the current stage.
edit on 1-7-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

I think the 5th needs to be extremely more clear.
Our vioce and strength should only be topped by our love and charity .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I think he wants us to start to rewrite it.
Not some bloated aholes.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
If our current constitution is so good, then why is our government out of control? If it worked we would not be in this mess. It's close, but it leaves too much wiggle room.

There would be no more Senate. It's functions would be carried out by the states directly. As it is now the states have zero say in anything. Senators claim to represent the people. They have no idea their job is to represent the state, not the people. That is what the house of reps is for. So I disbanded the Senate in favor of giving states a direct say. This would prevent these unfunded mandates we get so often. Since there would be 3,300 member of the house it would become unfeasible to bribe enough of them to get bad laws passed like they do now. Term limits prevent having people like: Shumer, Waters, Boxes, Pelosi et al in office for decades like we have now.

I have clarified the 2nd amendment and strengthened the 4th and 5th The 3rd was replaced with farmer's rights to grow and use whatever plants he likes as long as it is not genetically modified. I fixed copyright to a fixed term of 20 years like it should be.

If the old rules worked so well we would not be where we are now. We need new rules, better rules and a stronger box to keep government in.

OUR CURRENT GOVERNMENT IS OUT OF CONTROL BECAUSE OF THE LAZYNESS AND IGNORANCE OF THE MASS POPULATION.

BECAUSE OF MAINSTREAM NEWS AND OTHER TELEVISION PROGRAMING

BECAUSE THEY HAVE EVIL IDEAS OF REWRITING THE CONSTITUTION THEMSELVES JUST LIKE YOU.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
We should differencate between a procreation union and a civil union and have the same rights for both that rear offspring.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

No, I want us to do it and then force the states to ratify it without any input from the feds. Everyone should have a say and this is just the first draft. Add what is needed and pass it on. This is how we have a revolution. We can adopt new rules behind the backs of the current oligarchs and usurp their power then jail or execute them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join