It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info on biogas digester ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've been searching the Internet and YouTube for a cheap practical design for a biogas digester big enough to run a 5500 watt generator and cooking -water heating . The designs on YouTube are either concrete In ground and expensive and the blue plastic barrel type are pretty messy and wouldn't provide the volume needed . Also any Canucks out there have any experience with biogas digesters in below -20 temperatures ? Thanks and Happy Canada Day !!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Do a google search on China's rural biogas program.

They have been making brick and mortar household digesters since the 1970's.

If you plan on making methane in cold weather, you will need to insulate the digester and heat it. I believe you will want to maintain about 105 degrees F.

If you want to make a lot of gas, you will need a lot of 'waste'.
edit on 2-7-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks for the info !! But are there any designs out there by converting big plastic containers as opposed to mortar or concrete ?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004

Thanks for the info !! But are there any designs out there by converting big plastic containers as opposed to mortar or concrete ?
I haven't seen any, but if you can find a suitable container, you can purchase PVC bulkhead fitting to pipe the penetrations in and out of it.

PVC Bulkhead fittings

You should be able to adapt a set of masonry digester plans for a plastic tank.
At my job, we order chemicals at times in large bulk tanks that the manufacturer will not take back. They are polyethylene tanks, and the only thing we could find to do with them is take them to a recycler that makes plastic lumber from milk jugs. Look into that angle, you might be able to get one cheap.... or better yet, FREE!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Thanks again Butcherguy !! That sounds like a good plan , there's a flea market nearby that sells 1000 liter plastic tanks with a spigot for 150 bucks , I'm also looking into wood gasification to run a generator !

new topics

top topics

join