It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns Don’t Kill People, Government Having a Monopoly on Force Does

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

#3 objective description directly addresses gun ownership in the us by private citizens, ie; dhs defining terrorist as any one not in agrement with current government ideology.

any armed us citezen can be named without cause a terrorist which instantly falls under un athority , as defined in this arms treaty.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

#3 objective description directly addresses gun ownership in the us by private citizens, ie; dhs defining terrorist as any one not in agrement with current government ideology.

any armed us citezen can be named without cause a terrorist which instantly falls under un athority , as defined in this arms treaty.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Isnt it pretty much irrelevant whether or not this treaty affects US gun owners?

I mean, if it doesnt then no harm no fowl.

If it does, well, they'll have to come collect them all. That'll be a horrible mess.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If it does, well, they'll have to come collect them all. That'll be a horrible mess.

That “horrible mess” is what makes this treaty relevant!

I’d like to avoid that situation (gun collection and the resulting mess); wouldn’t you?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

That “horrible mess” is what makes this treaty relevant!

I’d like to avoid that situation (gun collection and the resulting mess); wouldn’t you?

There really isnt much you or I or a million of us could do about it.

If government decides it wants something government gets it.

Maybe I'm just especially jaded having never had a supported candidate win any office in my lifetime and only ever getting form letter responses from any politician I write to but I am insignificant. I have come to terms with the illusion of representation and the fact that my voice is meaningless and I will always be trampled on. You are insignificant too. Ten million people are insignificant.

The only that wont be insignificant is that "horrible mess".

Embrace your insignificance while you still have it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There really isnt much you or I or a million of us could do about it.

If government decides it wants something government gets it.

Maybe I'm just especially jaded having never had a supported candidate win any office in my lifetime and only ever getting form letter responses from any politician I write to but I am insignificant. I have come to terms with the illusion of representation and the fact that my voice is meaningless and I will always be trampled on. You are insignificant too. Ten million people are insignificant.

The only that wont be insignificant is that "horrible mess".

Embrace your insignificance while you still have it.

That is pretty jaded!

Sadly, I know where you’re coming from.

I will embrace my insignificance while I have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join