It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunken welsh kingdom's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You really have to check out Slayer69 s thread about ancient civilisations being drowned out because of the Glacier melt the water rose quite a bit around the world....
Other kingdoms were drowned as well...indias etc...
Thats my thought anyways...the ice age truned to water and the land was drowned slowly....or quickly even...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

no the place im speaking of was definatly used for docking small boats,
and the docking rings on the wall are way to high up these days to dock anything,
at very high tide the water reaches about 1 - 2 meters up the wall the docking rings are,
about 4-5 meters up.

my family have lived in the area for year's my grandmother was landlady
of a pub nearby, i used to play in the area as a kid.
there used to be alot of smugeling in the area in the past.

edit on 1/7/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

was this in the 6th century tho?
not sure if i've read it or not lol
i've read a few on the subject.

but no doubt the ice age
drowned alot of citys, kingdoms or civilizations

i need an underwater cammera lol

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by slaine1978
reply to post by fakedirt

no the place im speaking of was definatly used for docking small boats,
and the docking rings on the wall are way to high up these days to dock anything,
at very high tide the water reaches about 1 - 2 meters up the wall the docking rings are,
about 4-5 meters up.

that's what i meant. it is either the sea has receded or land heave coupled with costal slip has occured.
f.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Have you thought of askingthese guys,

or these guys

They might know something about the claims of submersed walls and cetera?

Interesting post, S&F. I love Welsh humour...that guy in the video is brilliant

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The glacier could have pushed it down into the sea during the last ice age. The walls may just be the base of the wall, the rest being ground down as the glacier moved. It could have just sank also. My uncle showed me a picture of a hill that he tobogganed down when he was a kid. We compared it to the terrain and the ground had sank at least thirty feet in a big area. With all the springs in the area the underground aquifer must have lost water or permafrost and sank. Something like that could have happened there.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If you've ever watch Time Team with tony Robinson, you get to see just how much landscapes change in such a short time. And with a little imagination, some geophys, archaeological data and artifacts, they can almost rebuild the buildings of the time.

Many many old castles, villages, towns huts houses and buildings have been found where now we have nothing more than bog, marsh and farmlands... it's absolutely amazing!! And 90% of the time, what they expect to find is not there, instead they discover something else entirely.

Many coastal thriving populations are long gone, taken by the hands of time, weather and erosion... but they leave fingerprints.

Another great documentary series is one about the worlds under neath us. Cities of the Underworld. When in times long passed, we lived in areas that were covered over, until now, we only know of them by myth..

A trailer -- I can't find the one I wanted but this says it all!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Sin City? Hah, though that show looks quite interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Didnt the irish celts have a myth about an atlantis like isle called high brazil?(no sure about spelling)it was off of the south east coast,so would be somewhere between ireland and wales.i think it was submerged by the sea like atlantis.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sorry guys but his cannot be due to a Tsunami, its science 101 really, yeas a tsunami can flood an area, but after the wave the water then starts to recede and the land dries out, it does not stay flooded, a tsunami does not permanently leave the sea level higher, it is just a large wave. Hence Japan is no longer flooded after its tsunami.

It could only be due to overall sea levels rising, meaning that there would be other settlements around the British coast from the same period also under water (probably around the mouths of rivers) or the local area suffered from subsidence and generally sunk below the waves, however it would seem logical such an event would trigger destruction on the said buildings and walls.

It is interesting, would be nice to find out more about it

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Clearly this is all speculation but i do not quite agree with you regarding the tsunami. It is possible there was a similar set up to Doggerland in the North Sea - ie an area that was below sea level that was protected by a ridge of higher land. In these circumstances, a tsunami could break this ridge, thereby allowing sea water to cascade through, even after the initial waves have receded.

However, like i said at the start, this is all pure speculation until any corroborating evidence crops up.........

There is plenty of evidence though that the Lisbon quake in 1755, for example, caused serious damage all up the Severn Estuary and Irish Sea. That is why i refuse to rule out a Doggerland type scenario (at the same time, i do not fully accept it).

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

no i havent wouldent know
where to start lol thanks
for the links tho

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

good point and thanks for the video will be watching now mate

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

i think your on about Tír na nÓg ?
im sure that was suposed to be of the west coast of ireland
but i could be wrong but interestin idea to look into and will do

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

i agree there are probably loads of
settlements of the coast of the uk.

i guess we all need to go swimming

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer

It could only be due to overall sea levels rising, meaning that there would be other settlements around the British coast from the same period also under water (probably around the mouths of rivers) or the local area suffered from subsidence and generally sunk below the waves, however it would seem logical such an event would trigger destruction on the said buildings and walls.

i am wondering as to your thoughts on what slaine wrote on page two near the top regarding the docking rings being a couple of meters above current sea level coupled with structures found when sea is at low tide. it is an interesting topic indeed.

f.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by slaine1978

I'm sure they must have been too.... Looking at maps it seems obvious.... Also geographically the East coast of Ireland is so similar to our West coast.

Love this thread, off to do some research

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes Tir na Nog was supposedly off the west coast. Also similar is Lyonesse supposedly off the Cornish coast. Although both these had mythical-religious connotations.

Where as this seems to be more historical and maybe even discoverable!?!

The sonar suggestion is a runner I think.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

In the ancient Welsh tales known as "the Mabinogion"from pre christian times,there is reference to a lake of floods,and a great beast who protected the lake.

We are told that Nynniaw and Pebiaw were the names of the horned oxen (Ychain Banawg) employed by Hu Gadarn 2 to draw the Avanc out of the Lake of Floods, so that the lake burst no more. This bursting of the lake is considered to bear reference to the universal Deluge, as it is said in the same Triad, that when that occurrence took place, the male and the female of every living thing were preserved in the ship of Nevydd Nav Neivion.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Hmm,now where have I heard a similar story about a great flood and a ship to save all the animals?
Well its imprinted in the culture of the ancients all over the globe,and goes back 10 000 years before the bible was invented.

Sort of Off topic:
The Avanc is also referenced in my all time favourite graphic novel:

"Slaine The horned god"(I guess you know it well,with a name like yours

Which is actually based in the pre flood land of "Tir Na Og"-which is the now sunken landmass which after the last ice age/event was lost to the sea.

Back on topic-I think this landmass did once exist(as did the character Slaine is based upon),and was lost to the sea after the last ice age circa 10 000 BC.

I would go with Hapgood's crustal displacement theory as a good way of explaining how it may have happened,and will again one day.

I do not believe a major ice melt alone would have caused the landscape to alter so drastically,so I go with crustal diplacerment.

www.skrause.org...

Nice Thread slaine!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just a suggestion: they might have been referring to Anglesey. There are ruins of some very ancient churches up that way, some apparently dating from around 600AD. Or perhaps the lost isle is even north of that.

i agree there are probably loads of
settlements of the coast of the uk.

Cosmeston is one of them (Iron Age), and there are a couple of Roman forts not far from where I am. All are within a few miles of the coast.
edit on 2-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join