It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting over it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Ok...so some of us misunderstood the reactions you wanted and what you said....but we did care enough to read your thread ...try to understand you ...and reply. You should be grateful...that people took the time to try and help you.

Your use of periods is baffling. Seriously what is going on there?

By the time you posted I had cleared up any misconception. Though I think the title plus the implication that I would like to get over this but can't without involving my friends who know Kat should have been enough.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec
Hmmm forget it. The only thing more frustrating than this situation is you people not-reading/mis-reading my posts.

I offered advice because I've actually gotten over a girl that I loved. If you didn't want the advice of another guy that's been there, then maybe you shouldn't have asked for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

I like using periods...it's my style. For your education...the 3 periods I often use is called an (ellipsis) and in my case I use it for a slight pause.

So...you say I should have understood by the time I first posted...you don't even appreciate the fact that I tired to understand and help.

I am over you.

edit on 1-7-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

you don't even appreciate the fact that I tired to understand and help.

Someone with your grasp... on punctuation probably doesn't ...have the emotional maturity to help anyhow...

I say good day then.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I suppose you won't like my punctuation either... so.. anyhow..here's my advice.

Quit dwelling on something you can't have.

You already said there are many other fish in the sea.. so.. get fishing.

If all else fails, try to think of how she wouldn't want you even if she was available, because you do sort of come off as a jerk.

Not sure why you even started this thread, because you know what to do deep down, and its quite simple. Think about other fish, or birds, or whatever, just get your mind off her, because in all likelihood her mind isn't on you.

(Sorry for being a little on the rude side, just figured if you could dish it out, you most likely should learn how to take it.)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
reply to post by FEDec

To get over her think of all her bad qualities.
The annoying ones that are a turn off. If she has any that is.

THANK YOU. I think you are one of the only people who didn't just skim my posts.

Thanks for the advice as well. That is actually a great idea.... Why didn't I think of that?

That's why you came on here right.
anyway you're welcome.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I don't post here much but I have a dilemma. The girl I seem to have fallen for is engaged. Normally I would just talk to my friends, we would laugh and eventually I'd get over it. The problem is she(we'll call her Kat) knows all my friends and I'm not sure what the reaction would be seeing as Kat's Fiance is a good friend of ours as well.

So I'm not sure what to do. Mainly I just wanted to get this out there. Any ideas, advice or stories about similar situations?

This is what you tell her: Kat, it seems that I've fallen for a girl but she's engaged ( Then give her a wink). Normally I would just tell my friends, we'd laugh about it and eventually I'd get over it. The problem is Kat, she knows all my friends and I'm not sure what her reaction would be seeing that her fiance is a good friend of mine as well. Do you think I should tell her and try to steal her away, or keep it myself to keep the peace among friends?

Try that. Tell me what she says.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

This is what you tell her: Kat, it seems that I've fallen for a girl but she's engaged ( Then give her a wink). Normally I would just tell my friends, we'd laugh about it and eventually I'd get over it. The problem is Kat, she knows all my friends and I'm not sure what her reaction would be seeing that her fiance is a good friend of mine as well. Do you think I should tell her and try to steal her away, or keep it myself to keep the peace among friends?
Try that. Tell me what she says.

Are you being serious?

First off if she tells him to not pursue the girl because she is in a relationship, don't you think it will get back to her BF, and even if it doesn't, it would make her uncomfortable and awkward to be around him, knowing what she does.

This guy is supposedly a friend, maybe even a band mate , and breaking up their relationship because you want the girl, could have life long repercussions that effect more than a few friendships.

The Op doesn't sound head over heels in love, and I think he just needs to forget about it, and respect the relationship of his friend, by not dwelling on her .

Even if they do break up, I wouldn't advise that he go out with her, unless he feels they are absolutely destined to be together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join