It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who dispute Iran's intention to "Wipe Israel off the Map"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
He's at it again!
Everybody's favourite bearded dictator declared on Sunday his intention to "Wipe Israel off the face of the earth" if it attacked Iran. Now, I know what you're all thinking: "he's talking about self defense! This is about what he'd do if Israel attacked HIS nation!".

I'll grant you that.

BUT... let's keep in mind the Iranian dictator's worldview. This worldview states that the Mahdi is among us, and will declare himself soon. In such a worldview, Iran feels that this war WILL come... whether they, or we, like it or not... and that when it does, they will be victorious. This is why we see repeated news items with declarations like this one, or the one from last week where they claimed that if the US attacked, they would win.

...and it's this viewpoint that makes a regime like the one in Iran genuinely dangerous.

Do I think that this issue, as presented by the media, is black and white? No, I don't. Do I think that Iran is receiving its fair share of honest reporting? No, I don't. Do I think that necessarily equates to Iran being an innocent, benign power purely searching for peaceful nuclear power? Again... not so much, no.

What does everyone else think?

Source: Reuters: "Iran threatens Israel"

I'd like to state, also, that this thread and this viewpoint is about the Iranian LEADERSHIP. I am not talking about the Iranian people, nor is this thread intended to discuss the Iranian people. It is quite possible, if not likely, that the vast majority of Iranians would disagree with Ahmadinejad on this topic. I understand that. It is also quite likely that Ahmadinejad misrepresents the Iranian people at large. I'll grant you that, too. But the ultimate key here is that a state is always represented abroad not by its people, but by its leadership, and that is where the concerns lie. As much as we might prefer it to be that way, the Iranian people are not the ones who will make the key decisions in terms of war and peace. Please keep the discussion here to one regarding the political entity of "Iran" as opposed to the civil entity.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Israel has been publicly threatening to attack Iran since 2003
because they think they will build the bomb

who has been killing off iranian scientists and revolutionary guards for the past 3 yrs
and cyber attacks on vital computers that can turn the country into another chernobyl disaster

Its because of the US and Israel that there is a nukes race in the world

Whos has been wiping off countries lately ? (view below video)

edit on 7/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Let Israel deal with their own problems. If they continue to threaten to strike Iran, then what happens to them is above all, their responsibility.
Now, should Iran decide to attack Israel without merit, then yes, we should step in.
But when was the last time Iran attacked anyone?

I dont understand why it is our job to protect the bully. You dont see that in the school yard.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There is a tendency in the mainstream media to soft-pedal anything Israel does as "self defense", and everything that Iran does as aggressive and threatening.

The way I see it, Iran is backed into a corner. It has seen what has happened to the other middle eastern countries which either tried to play ball with the west, or tried to mind their own business. I see Israel as an overly-aggressive force which uses its relationship and ownership of the United States as their ace in the hole.

From a political standpoint, I wouldn't give a rat's behind if that entire region was turned into smoldering rubble. It is a black hole which sucks in trillions of dollars, too many weapons, and too much of the world's energy dealing with their cry-baby, petty squabbles.

From a humanistic standpoint, I grieve for the people who are stuck there and are like cattle awaiting the slaughter.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Israel has been publicly threatening to attack Iran since 2003
because they think they will build the bomb

who has been killing off iranian scientists and revolutionary guards for the past 3 yrs
and cyber attacks on vital computers that can turn the country into another chernobyl disaster

Its because of the US and Israel that there is a nukes race in the world

Whos has been wiping off countries lately ? (view below video)

I watched that when you posted it in another thread. Keep posting it, its one of the few that realy tells the truth

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Im sorry i just couldn't help yawning all the way through your OP, with any luck Israel will see the sense of treating ALL the semitic races with care and respect, and, preferably, before Iran turns Israel into a palestinians reality.
You make your bed, you lie in it.
Israel shouldn't expect anything more than the fruits of the seeds it has sown, and they have sown many around the world, if just a fraction returned with the intent with which they were sown, Israel would become an ultra orthodox, Zionist parasite free state, in no time at all.
I have my fingers crossed that the Humanity of earth will eventually coax Israel from it's backwards introverted mentality, the world is not out to get you, you have been lucky so far, it wont last forever.
edit on 1-7-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Iran, with their Mahdi is going to be 'victorious over the entire world' - which means the death of every last jew, the conversion or beheading of every last Christian and as for the idolaters, polytheists, atheists, heathens, unbelievers - probably just death.

Belief in the end-times is not just a' point of view', note - it is one of the five pillars of Islam.

So.................................what happened to the Sunni's? - they outnumber Shias by probably 7:1 and have far more money,power and influence, they are on course to take Europe by stealth demographic within a few generations and they are the deadly enemies of the Shia.

What has happened to the other infidel powers? - Europe US Russia China - how do the Shia suppose they are going to over-run these nations and slaughter all the inhabitants for the greater glory of Allah.

It is pretty obvious what the Shia 12'vers have in mind, and pretty obvious why they are relentlessly backing Israel into a corner.

......................................and yet you hear nothing of this from the talking heads on in the media, in fact I can scarcely recall them ever mentioning the 12'ver beliefs when considering Iran's motivations - strange since paving the way for the 'return of the Mahdi' is their stated no 1 mission - and if you want to predict how someone will act - you need to know what they believe!!!

Just who was it that pulled the rug from under the Shah so that Kohmeini could take control - oh that's right - Brezinski the same man that groomed Obama for president at Columbia - who has also just pulled the rug from under the other stable military dictatorships in the Arab world.....................as they now begin to form a new caliphate.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
He never said wipe Israel off the map. He said Zionism will fade from the pages of history. Two different things entirely.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Israel & Iran both threaten each other all the time and also commit terrorist acts against each other. What's new? Let's not forget the USA and the rest of Israels allies also threaten & bully Iran. Is war going to happen? Sure does seem like it will cuz all of these politicians, military commanders, & intel agencies want to continue the Western war machine.

But it's Iran you demonize? Like really? Btw, Ahwhatchacallit, the Iran "leader" is just a mere puppet. Why do people give him so much credit?
edit on 1-7-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

If he wanted to kill all Jews then why does Iran have one of the largest populations of Jews outside Israel? Wouldn't he kill them first?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

That video have enlighten me very much
to fully understand whats going on in Syria and soon Iran

i feel its VERY important to repost this same video so people can have the chance to wake up
especially when i see threads like this

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

I dont understand why it is our job to protect the bully. You dont see that in the school yard.

Maybe because there exists a agreement to protect Israel no matter what they do. What ever they do they do get the blessing of the US. Ref. Israels actions in Gaza. The US always veto any actions that fault Israel.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Pure disinfo

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

If he wanted to kill all Jews then why does Iran have one of the largest populations of Jews outside Israel? Wouldn't he kill them first?

This is true, 25,000 jews currently live in Iran. Achmanwhaeverhisnameis isnt anti semetic but anti Zionist.

Link to an BBC article bout the Iranian Jews, news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 1-7-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by buster2010

This is true, 25,000 jews currently live in Iran. Achmanwhaeverhisnameis isnt anti semetic but anti Zionist.

Starred !! Couldnt agree more with you

btw : its Amhadinejad !
his name is not that difficult to remember .. its always on CNN

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Muslims have nothing against dhimmified jews as long as they are subservient second class citizens in jewish ghettos - that's fine, it gives them a feeling of superiority and someone to do all the dirty work.

it is only during the end-times that Muslims are commanded to rid the world of jews - by killing every last one.

It just shows that none of you really know a damn thing about Islam that has not been filtered by it's apologists and appeasers!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Muslims have nothing against dhimmified jews as long as they are subservient second class citizens in jewish ghettos - that's fine, it gives them a feeling of superiority and someone to do all the dirty work.

it is only during the end-times that Muslims are commanded to rid the world of jews - by killing every last one.

It just shows that none of you really know a damn thing about Islam that has not been filtered by it's apologists and appeasers!

Ah come on ..

i hate seeing such bullcrap

this is what zionist wants everyone to think
so they have an excuse to destroy them first
with the same reason about the holocaust .. never again

Stop your disinfo because it doesnt work any more
we know the truth about the zionist agenda

the illuminati created Isreal .. how disinfo is that ?
probably closer to the truth then what you just said

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The Truth is no one gives a ##SNIPPED## about Israel anymore, in fact half the world would probably clap if Israel got nuked tomorrow.I find this unfortunate but Israel has no one to blame but themselves and their own policys.
A country that has even been caught spying on their own allies on may occasions doesnt deserve allies, and certainly does'nt deserve respect or sympathy.
edit on Mon Jul 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Just like the "jew" fundamentalists feel about all us goyim right? Just like the fundamentalist "christians" feel abaout everyone that don't accept jeebus as the supreme slave master. And the world turns. Blah blah blah.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
LMAO!!! What? Now let me get this straight: Israel is the only country who spies on its allies? Surely you jest my friend. Either that, or this is a SERIOUS short-cut to thinking. Just checking.

Originally posted by auraelium
The Truth is no one gives a f**k about Israel anymore, in fact half the world would probably clap if Israel got nuked tomorrow.I find this unfortunate but Israel has no one to blame but themselves and their own policys.
A country that has even been caught spying on their own allies on may occasions doesnt deserve allies, and certainly does'nt deserve respect or sympathy.

edit on 1-7-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join