It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakes... 650ft Beneath the Waves!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thank you that was very interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

This just goes to show how little we know about our own home. We arrogantly like to think there are few places left on this planet that remain unexplored, or unfound, but the ocean with its vastness proves we probably know very little.

Its also a reminder of how old this planet is, and how much change it has already undergone far before man existed.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That's nuts! A lake underwater....

They should name it "Lake Inception".

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Life without sun's energy is a good indicator of the incredible resilliance and creativity of life to be able to go on in ways we do not generally consider to be conducive to life, no? I believe that there is probably life in all sorts of environments and forms we do not consider to be possible...

Oh, and the lake in the ocean is awesome, too

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Me and 10 of my buddies went on a expedition to look at the waves. Believe me, just seeing things on pictures, is not the best. See in reality and life.... Makes you pee in your pants cause it's just epic.

Cool pictures, I have like 200 of my own hahaha!!!! >

Might upload, with link to em.

**I can't upload like 2 of them, because I think 6 fish were.... mating. you know...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I guess Spongebob wasn't too unrealistic after all.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Absolutely AMAZING!! Great find, thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow!!! I needed a view of beautiful mother earth in action to lift my spirits up today. The picture and video posted were indeed a treat to be able to see and I hope it stays for millions of years to come.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The pictures that you are seeing with the trees are from a place in Mexico called Cenote Angelita. This is not an underwater river of brine, this is an underwater river of Hydrogen Sulfide.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
What I want to know is that the article claimed that this area was underwater for sometime after the dinosaurs yet I want to know where the trees came from?
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That picture is obviously a mistake, and not part of the original footage.
I can say that with pretty good certainty, as there is no way those divers are down 600+ feet on a single tank of air no matter the mixture...

330 feet is the recommended technical deep diving limit using trimix gas. 600 feet is also the limit for any surface light penetration, so the amount of light in this picture tells us this is taken at a much shallower depth.

That is more likely taken in a sinkhole, which also commonly contain stratification layers. Its not uncommon to end up with trees at the bottom of sinkholes, as they simply fall in from above.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Awesome. That is unreal.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Haha reminds me of the spongebob show when they go to the beach but they are underwater.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

Just like on Spongebob!

I remember seeing this on tv a couple years ago and I thought it was amazing. Really, who would ever imagine such things were possible! Makes you wonder what else there is to discover.

Edison was quoted as saying humans only know one millionth of one percent

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Wow nice stuff

And here i was thinking brine deposits were only found in the ground.

A bit wiser again

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

wait, are they like out of water under water?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Wow that is truly amazing and one of the reasons I love coming to this site, you just never know what you're gonna get

S & F

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The Giant Salt City 1200ft Beneath Detroit

Detroit’s salt mines are like an underground city within the city. It is a massive expanse of 1,500 acres and over 100 miles of roads right under everyone’s feet. It stretches from Dearborn, located in the northwest of Detroit’s metropolitan area, and known to automobile lovers as Henry Ford’s birthplace, via Melvindale to Allen Park in the southwest.

The Detroit Salt and Manufacturing Company operated the mine until 1983 but then falling salt prices forced the mine to stop production. In its heyday in the 1920s, 1940s and ‘50s, the mine was open to the public with guided tours – a popular educational trip for school classes. Today, the entrance to the mine at 12841 Sanders Street is only for delivery trucks and public tours have not been conducted since the 1980s. As the following images suggest, a mine visit must’ve been quite something.......

Pictures and more story at the following site.
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Spectacular! Thank you for sharing the most interesting information - I hadn't a clue there were such places. What a wonderful planet we have.

Here, we can truly say "AS ABOVE SO BELOW"

S&F

With how Corporations and others treat the planet, soon people will be saying " What a wonderful planet we HAD "

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
VEry interesting, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool, it reminds me of this cavern I saw on television once where salt water meets fresh water and coming from the fresh water the saltwater looks like air causing many scuba divers to die.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join